Ace's perks could use a buff

Options
Beets
Beets Member Posts: 39
edited July 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions

Of all of the survivors, I believe that Ace has the worst perks. Other not so great survivors have at least 1 or 2 perks that are okay or reedemable when paired with other perks. Ace, on the other hand, has no good perks. If I had to choose, I'd say that open-handed is his best perk but still useless. Of all the other survivors, I believe that Ace is the survivor most deserving of a buff to his perks.

Also God have mercy if you get the daily where you have to open the exit gate as Ace.

Post edited by Beets on

Comments

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    Options

Survivors can use any perk are are simply re-coded husks for visual appearance. They are all the same.

• Beets
    Options

Yes I know but there's no point in working through Ace's bloodweb if his own perks suck. It would be a waste of time to get him up to level 40.

• wichael_wyers
    wichael_wyers Member Posts: 202
    Options

I believe they're asking for a buff on his teachable perks.

• Beets
    Options

I was thinking of doing something that fits in with the whole "luck" theme behind Ace but with more useful abilities. Maybe a perk that gives the killer a chance to slip up and drop him? A perk that gives a chance for extra progression when doing gens or healing? Something along those lines. For sure up the ante needs to be scrapped. There's just no practical use for it.

• wichael_wyers
    wichael_wyers Member Posts: 202
    Options

Those different scenarios sound like an awesome all-in-one perk for luck. Maybe that could be a cool rework for Up the Ante. In Deathgarden - it's one of BVHR's own games and it's nothing like DBD but - there's an ability regarding luck. In that ability, if your luck doesn't occur immediately, the chance of it occuring next time increases. That would be awesome for Up the Ante with wiggling (although, I imagine luck for wiggling would be like your wiggle meter has a small head start). Maybe you couldn't wiggle this time, but next time you have a higher chance to wiggle off (a bigger headstart). Maybe you get a chance to avoid a Hex skill check and just get a regular skill check instead. And other scenarios. Would be an interesting perk.

• prettyf
    prettyf Member Posts: 442
    Options

ace have quiet grunt actually its only his useful personal perk

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,548
    Options

Open-Handed is tricky because its strength is dependent on both the Aura Perks used, and how many of them a team has.

Ace in the Hole is just Niche, i wouldnt personally call it weak

Up the Ante though, is just indeed literal trash, after learning how little Luck affects. I think the Luck mechanic would have to change as a whole in order for this perk to be useful, and then all the offerings and such would have a greater use.

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
    Options

Honestly, I have lots of fun with Ace in the Hole. Imagine looting an insta-heal... because that isnt too rare with it. Its a very fine perk for the most part. Getting charge add-ons while using Pharmacy is amazing as well.

Open-Handed, for what it does, I think it works nicely.

Up the ante is the one that needs attention.

• Ember_Hunter
    Ember_Hunter Member Posts: 1,693
    Options

Honestly in terms of trying to survive with adept Ace, it's basically going in perkless essentially.