Why would anyone rather sit in a lobby for hours than play against or with random ranks?

Shaped
Shaped Member Posts: 5,869
edited July 2019 in General Discussions

Ok having bad teammates is bad, being new killer and going against experienced survivors can be hell but is waiting for hours better alternative?

And even when you wait for so long you still get people who dodge, dc or play badly no matter which rank they are. So tell me people who made an outrage when they removed matchmaking, why?

I love this game and want to play it but I am lucky if I play two games tops per day because of the lobby times on ps4. I don't get you people. Is winning more important than playing the game?

Comments

• Frozenscum
    Frozenscum Member Posts: 393

No, I'd like to have game no matter against or with whom. Higher ranks/lower ranks, experienced or not. If I'd like to watch Netflix or browse forums I'd did it, I dont need background lobby for that.

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

Thanks for clearing it up. Even that was better than this imo. I had really good time then so at least I got to play a little bit more.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

I keep refreshing the search cause otherwise i end up facing new killers. For whatever reason anything more than 5min and I get red rank teammates and a 18-20 killer, just makes the matches boring.

• SaveUsY2K
    SaveUsY2K Member Posts: 43

2 games a day? I took this as a joke post at that point.

The lobbies aren't perfect but no where near that bad.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

I'd rather wait and get matched appropriately. Nothing worse than facing newbie survivors. I'd rather not destroy the game for them. We need to keep new people, not discourage them.

• Tensor
    Tensor Member Posts: 254

I'd sit in a lobby longer if I could tick a box that gave me the ability to avoid all Legions.

• Captain_Doomsday
    Captain_Doomsday Member Posts: 175

"Is winning more important than playing the game?"

To like 80% of players, YES. Toxicity exacerbates every issue to its breaking point, even in the lobbies.

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051

2-3 games an hour was pretty realistic a few weeks ago.

There was one time my lobby was stuck at 3 people for like twenty minutes too.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

I'd also prefer to get a match within a minute no matter which rank, instead of waiting 5 minutes to get matched with players of a similiar rank.

• lostandelirious
    lostandelirious Member Posts: 12

On console the lobby wait times were horrible, a couple of months ago, over 4 hours we got into 3 games. G1 was short and sweet, G2 was a against a Dr, 2 survivors insta DC as soon as someone screamed. And G3 was against a face camping Wraith who one hooked all 4 survivors.

All of a sudden, Camp Fire simulator seemed pretty good lol, maybe we can roast marshmallows and have a sing song before our game starts? @Peanits

• lostandelirious
    lostandelirious Member Posts: 12

All the lobby issues could be solved by cross platform play, imagine the player base being all in one place. Console players can get butchered by pc players and mobile players can get hunted by all 😂

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

I'd like some feedback on the screen so I know whether the game is starting to look further afield to match with someone. Personally I would rather be bullied by red rank swf than face nobody at all.

@Tensor - Why do you want to avoid the most useless killer in the game? I don't even run away from Legion trying to give me papercuts.