Why (in my opinion) the grind is good.

Ksoni
Ksoni Member Posts: 607

Im am experienced player with almost 2k hours. And the grind, getting everything on every killer, trying new builds with new perks, keeps me playing this game.

Comments

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,793

There's really no point in getting everything on everyone because a lot of add ons and perks are not worth getting.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,309
    edited July 2019

Honestly I agree to some extent. I used to be annoyed, but after getting what I want for the killers I play and my favorite survivor to P3 + all perks I kinda enjoy prestiging and just having to do my best with what I get, trying out perks and builds I'd never try otherwise.

I'd still like perks to only have 1 level or something as it's certainly rough on new players, but it's interesting how upside-down it flipped for me once I basically had everything I wanted.

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

I don't think bp grind is that hard but grinding shards is too much. It is understandable because people wouldn't buy chapters if it weren't. I would like if the skins are a little bit cheaper tho. Grinding for just one cheaper shirt (like 4.5k) takes forever.

• Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835
    edited July 2019

Grind is good, absurd perk rng is not. 2 perks in bloodweb is not enough as it can require something like 100 levels to get perks even appear for the first time.

They could increase the size of bloodwebs and compenstate it with 3 perks. Making grind take the same time with less rng.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,339

When what draws you to the game is the grind instead of the trials itself, I think that says something. Im just thinking of games like COD where people still put in some serious hours AFTER having their character maxed out.

• xChrisx
    xChrisx Member Posts: 917

Im done with the grind, p3 and full perk everyone. Now i play less because i dont have nothing to do

• drimmalor
    drimmalor Member Posts: 909

I still enjoy the game - the grind just gives me a constant goal besides simply playing the game. I love tangible progression.

• Andreyu44
    Andreyu44 Member Posts: 1,527

I would still play even if I had everything unlocked tbh.

• Gcarrara
    Gcarrara Member Posts: 2,263

I personally mostly like the grind for items, offerings and addons. I don't like it that much for Perks, since it can hinder my creativity of trying out new builds. Other than this issue, i'm fine with it!

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

The Grind is boring and exhausting for me, trying to get thousands of points just that I can get my preferred add-ons is exhausting.

I want to play Trapper but I need to use add-ons and if I use his add-ons I have to level him up and I don't want to spend BP on him to get my add-ons back, I just want to play him.

Trying to save 1 MILLION Bloodpoints before I Prestige him is grueling, I don't have that kind of patience, I have points and I want to spend them and if I have to play just to save then I'm playing with a goal and not because I want to have fun. And then when I Prestige I get to maybe level 27? I forget what the highest level is with 1M BP. So now that I'm Prestiged I get stuck with ######### perks that I don't want, no add-ons or offerings that's worthwhile and it will take me evewn ,longer to get back up to 50 which feels exhausting, it makes me tired. I don't feel like I'm playing for fun I'm playing for BP so that I can have fun LATER.

Also I just want to point out how bullshit it is that when I was leveling Ghostface I only got Thrilling Tremors tier 2 at Prestige 3. So level 1, Prestige 1 and 2 I was stuck with Thrilling Tremors tier 1 and when I finally got to P3 I somehow got Thrilling Tremors to 3 very fast. That is BS that I had to spend 3 Million + points to level up 1 Perk.

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275

The big issue with the grind is that it forces you to commit overwhelmingly to a specific thing before you can even grasp how it plays at a functional level, and whether you are really gonna enjoy it or not. For example, I took a risk on Spirit, and found that she's enjoyable once I've gotten a few good perks unlocked for her that help with tracking. Most characters' base kits are not reflective of what their "real" play experience is, and you have to dig way too deep to actually find that.

• Cymer
    Cymer Member Posts: 946

I played original RO and I know grind. But grinding for BP is unfun and unrewarding for me.

I hate the restrictions that comes with not being able to experiment with perks to find new and engaging ways to play and enjoy DBD.

To me it feels like an entry level fee paid with prescious time to have the opportunity to try out new stuff in a real match.

Some grind even gives you incredible advantage on Blendettes (brown and bloodied...what a nightmare to spot on certain maps)

I just recently talked with a mods how fun some add-ons are and I (as well a lot more) would love to be able to switch around the killers powers then to grind for add-ons and offerings. (Scratched Mirror Myers on Lerys 's with mandatory lunge add-on)

Other then in most Grundy games I have played, in the end I don't get my unique character.

If the grind would let me customize my killer/survivor I would be more then happy to flesh out my personal killer and personal survivor.

Especially with the survivors it would be cool to get some personality than simple skins (besides hidden buffs and nerfs like Blendettes, silent Dwights and grunty Jeff)

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061

I think the grind is selfish for new players.

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061

Look at all this worthless stuff I have and you have nothing 😈

Yet it'll take that new player about 20 matches to have a set of half decent perks.

• DaS_only
    DaS_only Member Posts: 656

If grind is the only (or biggest) reason why you still keep playing a game, then I'm sorry to say that you waste your free time for nothing. Having fun PLAYING the actual game, the matches is what should keep you playing.

Imo the grind is ridiculous. It's on a level which is driving my friends away to not even start. They say like "oh man till I'm even able to have all perks and be actually able to go into a real competitor with my opponents does take to long. No thanks, there are better games with huge grind"

• Kiskashi
    Kiskashi Member Posts: 1,043

This is the closest to my experience with the grind. 30+ lv 50 bloodwebs just to get M&A on my Michael, that one hurt. It also makes prestige really not worth it to me if I already have good perks because with so many I did bother to prestige I just find it’s very unlikely to get my build back within a manageable time and if I want to try a new build but don’t have all the perks for it yet who knows how long it will take to get them all.

Just feels annoyingly limiting with perks for example I wanted PGTW on my Michael, nearly had all perks and what did it give me? Unrelenting and monstrous shrine wow I wonder why I hadn’t got those yet 🤔, luckily got it on spirit (she also got surveillance and ruin back to back and got BBQ at lv 3 so she’s just really lucky) and Michael within 2 bloodwebs but that’s just it...luck. 300 000 bp from 4 killer matches yesterday also barely went anywhere because I get forced to take addons/items that are useless like boyfriends memo (have 100 not planning to do any jumpscare builds anytime soon...) or mist offerings etc just to clear out a bad web without spending all my bp, there’s just so much clutter.

Even if they just gave 3-4 perks per bloodweb letting you get either one you really want or two at most or implement the trading/bp refund idea I’ve seen people mention I might actually play more because I like changing up builds and strategies but getting all perks on even one character takes a while.

As for the grind, there’s always new characters/perks etc so I don’t see how people would really run out when comparing this to some poor soul just starting the grind. I can’t imagine what it looks like to a new player now let alone a year from now.

• Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378

Grind is one thing.....but the system that DBD has in place needs tweaking. Far too many Perks that bloat up webs, HOPING you get that 2nd & 3rd Rank for a Perk and never seeing it, or hardly seeing certain add-ons appear, coupled with the BP price of web nodes in accordance to the average amount of BP you can earn...spread accross all characters of both Killers & Survivors and it's way too slow of a grinding process...

• Angelicus23
    Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,547

Maybe a stupid question

What's the grind

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

I like the pace of the grind, i can play a match with 2 Add-ons and buy at least more than 2 pretty much everytime i finish a match.

My problem is the sheer amount of unlockables.

When talking only about grind balance, Perks on the Bloodweb need a change first.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

What about those of us who just wants to get all the perks so we can experiment with builds and don't care for prestige cosmetics? Like I've not prestiged my Legion, but I've put enough bloodpoints into them to get to P3 and still haven't gotten all of my available perks yet.

• Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378

My Ghost Face went from 1-50 on release ONLY thanks to the Double Bloodpoints Event into the 3rd Anniversary stuff which made the Grind so damn tolerable. Even with the millions of Bloodpoints put into him...I'm still missing about 80 Perk Ranks to earn and that's for ONE character out of 16 Killers (not even counting the 16 Survivors to work on) to get the Perks and actually try out different builds and strategies. Except I really cant with some because a lot of Perks aren't worth using unless Rank 3....

• ceridwen309
    ceridwen309 Member Posts: 502

They are referring to the bloodweb grind most likely. The bloodweb starts small, and grows a bit larger. Costing in the 100,000's by the end.(and that is if you are being as effective as you can.

Perks in general are stuck to the character they belong to, but after lvl 30....teachables start showing up. These special perks allow you to find that perk in another character's bloodweb.

There are 16 killers and 17 survivors total. (33 total characters) multiply by 3, is 99 teachable perks.

If you only go through the effort of unlocking all teachables, and ignore extra grinding...(stop at 41 bloodweb for ease of math.)

41 multiplied by 33 is 1,353 bloodwebs.

-----------

It can be a bit overwhelming to new players. Although the grind does get to me personally from time to time. I also see such things as a Challenge. I like collecting games in general.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

Too much grind is not good (and coincidentally, DbD has too much grind).

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    edited July 2019

You don't need the grind to try new perks or builds. If you like variety, BHVR could easily implement a random perk option or instate quests that require certain loadouts.

The grind doesn't make the gameplay fresh. It does the complete opposite.

• MarksmanSpecal
    MarksmanSpecal Member Posts: 117

Imho grinding all Killers to full-perk to be able to play differentt styles, is ridiculous stupid. Most metaperks for Killers are locked behind DLC´s. While i have no problem buying a DLC, it means u have to grind this Killer, to get for example BBQ, Ruin, Spirit Fury, M&A, PGTW ....

After bumping a Killer u wanna play to Lvl 50, u may be unlucky and dont get usefull perks at all, to play the Killer before prestiging.

Same bad word with P I, P II, and after finally getting to P III, u can go full perk, and as it happened with Nurse, i got BBQ literally as one of the last perks, same with Ruin II for my Clown.

I dont play DBD cause i enjoy grinding. I play cause i enjoy the game itself, and playin it. But it fux me up to grind 150 bloodwebs to get Ruin I. Just annoying.

• BembridgeScholars
    BembridgeScholars Member Posts: 68

grind is never good in a any game ever , who says man i love grinding ,its so much fun. some grind is acceptable ,but rediculous amounts of grind to the point you have to stop playing a game for months or years is just no.