Future of Ghostface

HeroHero
HeroHero Member Posts: 12
edited July 2019 in General Discussions

First time writing. Lots of words. Get ready.

There are multiple stages of a Killer's life. Usually it goes something like that: 1)Big Buff, 2)Big Nerf, 3)Rework (Maybe a couple of small buffs and nerfs in between). Ghostface, as you probably know, has already gone through two of the stages. We might as well start a suggestion for his third stage.

Most of the players have noticed that to make a Killer viable, he needs to get an ability that helps him chase or move around the map more quickly. The thing with Ghostface is that he is one of the few very stealthy Killers, and by giving him some crazy movement ability would mean ruining the whole idea. In my opinion, his lack of mobility should be compensated by his power.

In order to make the guy more viable we will borrow some ideas from his brother, The Shape. We can't really stop people from comparing the two since their powers are mostly about sneaking up and stalking, so we might as well just go all out.

Ghostface will have three states: Normal, Stalking, Revealed. When he is the Normal state, he is a standard Killer. The Stalking state takes away the terror radius and lets the Ghostface to stalk and expose the Survivor (just the way it is right now). However, the mechanic of breaking him out of the Stalking state will be completely removed and replaced. Now, when a survivor looks at Ghostface for whatever time is set (let's just say three second for now), the Ghostface is put into the Revealed state. In the Revealed state he still has no terror radius, but he can no longer stalk. If the Ghostface quickly gets out of sight, he will just need to stay that way for, lets say, four seconds. After the four seconds run out, he goes back to the Stalking state. Survivors can reset the timer by trying to find Ghostface again. The Instinct is still present and the Survivor that keeps looking at you is highlighted until he looks away. Ghostaface can still go back to Normal state by trying to hit someone or getting stunned by a pallet.

Survivors deserve to have some counterplay to the Killer's power, but it shouldn't be something so mundane as simply looking. Imagine completely stopping Myers from stalking by running away in the opposite direction from him. With the rework I wrote about above, getting spotted won't be as frustrating and time consuming. Also, Survivors will need to get better at the game. To prevent Ghostface from stalking in a chase, they will somehow need to learn to do the chase while looking at Ghostface constantly.

I really like the idea of the Killer and would really love him to be more viable at high ranks. I'm open to any suggestions that you people might have.

Comments

• tehshadowman33
    tehshadowman33 Member Posts: 939
    edited July 2019

I mean, at the very least, we need to:

Make it so that killers that have no terror radius CANNOT have their aura revealed.

It would still let Premonition and Spine Chill work though.

• CoffengMin
    CoffengMin Member Posts: 862

gf is fine btw also the "big nerf" wasnt even big so .... maybe not

• JAWS_BDSM
    JAWS_BDSM Member Posts: 328

there is no future

• JordanMalicious
    JordanMalicious Member Posts: 383

I think ghost face is pretty alright. He has some counter play, he is fun to play, I don't feel cheated when I'm revealed and broken out of stealth. All in all, I think they could leave him this way and he still be good up to mid level survivors :)

Unfortunately, Billy and the Nurse are a unique mistake that can't be fixed, any comparison to them will not be a fair one imo. Billy with instant downs and insane map pressure, nurse who can literally break the game mechanics. Again, all just my opinion. Take it with a large grain of that delicious salt.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

I think Ghostface is in a good spot. He might need some tweaks to add-ons, maybe more polish on the reveal mechanic, but otherwise he is fine. He is actually pretty strong if you understand his mechanics and play smart.

Okay, people really REALLY need to shut up about "aura perks vs stealth killers". We all know you guys are talking about OOO, which screws over EVERY killer in the game not just stealth killers. OOO needs to be reworked, that is it. Aura perks other than OOO are just fine to use against any killer, stealth or not. And the reason EW1 Myers gets special treatment here is because he is a 105 killer in EW1. He needs something extra. All other stealth abilities can be deactivated on command and the killers can move at normal speeds.