devs should totally give og prestige 3 freddys legacy

Options

pls

Comments

• DaS_only
    DaS_only Member Posts: 656
    Options

That's not in the hands of the devs, they need to get permission from the licence holder. But since Freddy has the normal prestige cosmetics it might be quite easy to get permission. It's basically just the blood but a different texture.

Idk if legacy would be the right thing. Something different would be more interesting imo.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

Well then the question becomes: Do they not mind if they do stuff like that to their cosmetics, or do they like blood on Nightmare cause it fits him?

I'm not sure if glowy patches is fitting...

• Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725
    Options

Am I wrong or could you also do that with all other legacy skins? The difference being Nurse naturally had 3 blinks at base at that point.

The reason for legacy skins wasn't cause of the difficulty of getting bloodpoints, but because it took around 4 to 5 times as many bloodpoints to prestige.

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059
    Options

I'm down for that. Old Freddy mains get to have something cool for learning how to play him correctly.

• purebalance7
    purebalance7 Member Posts: 90
    Options

And as has been stated, so do people who just played any other killer and fed him the points. Bad idea's basis is bad.

• DaS_only
    DaS_only Member Posts: 656
    edited July 2019
    Options

Maybe combined with achievements having Freddy adept and all others related to him?

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Options

Why should they give legacy?

The only thing they could give him is like an unique glove or something for people that did prestige him... maybe.

• DuckyVR
    DuckyVR Member Posts: 2
    Options

Am I the only one against this? Honestly hate Freddy because of his lunge. ( don't hate me). But I think it's somewhat unfair because no other killer or survivor gets Legacy unless you were in the Alpha. This is just my opinion. If you have something to say, don't let it be hateful please.

• Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725
    Options

Actually, now that I think about it, it would be freaking hilarious if they gave him a head cosmetic that did that nodding off thing that survivors do when they're dream transitioning.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    edited July 2019
    Options

@SenzuDuck

I think it's more about dedication, not the chore in my opinion. I'm not trying to say they should add legacy to Freddy, but I'm trying to let you know what it's more about. 😁

I'm rather neutral about OP's idea.

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615
    Options

It would be cool to have something that says you P3'd Freddy before he was reworked.

Idk if it could/needs to be Legacy Freddy.

A P3 but with even more blood would be cool if they won't do legacy.

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    Options

I wouldn't mind this as an OG Freddy main, maybe not Legacy, but something else could be cool, like maybe a red and GREEN sweater

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,545
    Options

Should you get something? I mean, I guess, if you want it that bad. Should you get Legacy? never. Legacy was given due to the pure difficulty of prestiging at all, especially back then when there was less players, less content, and less of a reason not to.

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,003
    Options

Maybe people who prestige him to P3 before the rework should have a special effect for placing traps or when they're used.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    Options

Except the only reason legacy happened for the other characters was because it was a chore to level them before they changed bloodwebs.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,412
    Options

That would be easier said than done, since Freddy is a licensed character and any new cosmetics for him need to be approved first. Beyond that, though, we wouldn't want to bring back legacy out of the blue like that. People who earned the original legacy had to put in a ton of work for it, meanwhile Freddy players would just have to own Freddy before a certain date. There's a bit of a mismatch there, and if anything, it would just be seen as a cheap way to boost sales.

• Redcum
    Redcum Member Posts: 261
    Options

Speaking of legacy, how hard is it to restore Legacy? You can add BPs to one's account, why can't you do the same with Legacy?

• Dr_Trauts
    Dr_Trauts Member Posts: 704
    Options

its been proven that the grind to get a character p3-50 all perks is actually a lot harder than the original legacy p3-50 all perks due to the amount of perks added to the game

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 1,970
    Options

"Proven" and yet totally irrelevant. A. BPs are ridiculously more easy to get nowadays B. P3-All Perks was never a standard for the original Legacy anyway.

• Peanits
    Options

You also get way more when you grind for all perks, so it's a bit silly to compare the two. The requirement for legacy was prestige 3, not all perks. But as far as that's concerned, bloodwebs used to be even larger and bloodpoints were much less plentiful. There were no +100% all bloodpoint category offerings, there was no BBQ, and there were far fewer scoring events in general.

• Jdsgames
    Jdsgames Member Posts: 1,109
    Options

@Peanits couldn't this be resolved with changing a ######### brown addon to allow old freddy mechanics or double him up on the roster? I mean do you have to throw away all that work on old freddy entirely?

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919
    Options

Stop asking for Legacy. It ain't coming back.

• Peanits
    Options

There were things that were frustrating and annoying for players on both sides with old Freddy. While we dealt with that on the killer end, we also addressed the survivor side. We'd like to avoid bringing that back.

On top of that, this would be incredibly confusing for new players (and even some old players). It's important to be able to recognize which killer you're playing against in order to be able to play around their powers. Allowing them to change their entire base kit would make it impossible to tell what you're going up against. (See: The Demoman from TF2, for example.)

And beyond that, all of the other add-ons have changed, so they would not work with old Freddy.

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676
    Options

Lol let's give each character legacy each time something changes about them. Where is Legion, doctor, hag legacy since they all got quite big changes for their powers. Then we can also give legacy to pallets since they were adjusted and Badham deserves legacy too since it's beiing reworked.

People just don't understand meaning of never coming back.

• Jdsgames
    edited July 2019
    Options

I see your point with the confusing part. @Peanits

However, since the code is probably in some form of older build/patch. Freddy could double roster and it would simply be a learning curve to the killer. Almost like when a killer comes out everyone dies. It is expected you make stupid mistakes on both sides. However, double roster would almost require very little effort in terms of making Freddy 2 killers one having one power one having the other.

Although, I can see the frustrations to both sides the old Freddy was both powerful with prolonged games or weak with quick ones. However, with that both sides in many cases were fine with playing the mechanics it was just rough cut.

I personally prefer newer Freddy mainly because of the alarm clocks design and dream pallets. However, the 'new players' mentality I do disagree with. Almost any game you pick up to play has mechanics you are unfamiliar with. Learning you have two types of Freddy is not something hard to pickup as you have the survivor tips when facing a new killer.

I also understand the Add-on issue, however, you could always double up so the double Freddy would have the same Add-ons just different functions.

I do look at design in games as best of both worlds in many cases. So I will say I am biased towards the side requesting old Freddy to be playable.

Similar to new players encountering a Legacy player due to rank reset. Personally, when I first picked up the game I decided to also get the Myers DLC... My first match as killer was a match against R1 players shortly after a rank reset. Which you wouldn't have thought the game would do that to begin with. Got totally destroyed. You learn and move on. It is similar to how some people say 'git gud' you learn to play the game not have it always bent over for free wins.

• Jdsgames
    Options

Badham needs legacy it is one of the most balanced map designs I have seen XD.

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557
    Options

Im gonna miss OG Freddy. 😪

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773
    Options

I mean, I feel that's kinda entitled because the same thing could be said for P3 Legionsafter the rework, or the P3 docs, and P3 Leatherfaces once they get their reworks. Once you learn how too use them they can be effective at high ranks, but it's not like it's a chore. I would much rather have a 10$ skin of Robert England Freddy or New Nightmare Freddy then some exclusive skin.

• Supernaut
    Supernaut Member Posts: 1,525
    edited July 2019
    Options

considering how 4/5s of the player base complained, there should be a cosmetic for Survivors who played through The Legion in his original form...

(to be clear, that was meant in jest)

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,003
    Options

@Peanits perhaps a specialized dream colored legacy kind of look? A silvery legacy? If not then give him a special effect when using the powers.

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144
    Options

Ok but what about restoring Legacy for those that needed to put in that ton of work, such as myself?

• BlackMercury
    BlackMercury Member Posts: 172
    Options

I'm deinitely going to miss playing old Freddy (I'm playing him right now while I still can) but there's no debate that his power is bad for the game. I hope that we get to see a healthier re-imagining of it attached to a new killer in the future, or even parts of it divided across several killers, but I don't want it to remain as it is now.

• MyNamePete
    MyNamePete Member Posts: 1,053
    Options

Thats a horrible idea, not unless they also gave it to old legion players and old wraith players, but then there wouldnt be anything special about it.

Legacy was for people that put their time into prestiging as it took a very long time and for the people that played the game that early, plus the devs stated a while ago theyre having no more exclusives so can we please stop begging for legacy?