where is sidney?

this has prob been asked a MILLION times but i've been off for a while— why do we have ghostface without sidney??? i've been catching up on the scream movies and i think she'd be a killer survivor

Answers

• Salty_Pearl
    Salty_Pearl Member Posts: 1,367

The only got the license for Ghostface's mask so that they could create their own "Ghostface". While I do think that it's cool that they created their own Killer based on the franchise, it does suck that they didn't make anything else based off of the movies.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,148

They got the mask only. In the movies it was whoever wanted revenge or just a psychopath.

• doitagain_
    doitagain_ Member Posts: 723
    edited July 2019

Still waiting for the classic robe costume to be added or at least an all-black version of the devil costume.

Instead we have pirate ghost face on the way ugh.

• BembridgeScholars
    BembridgeScholars Member Posts: 68

She's in House Of cards now.

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

Good to know how to spell it correctly. All maps in spanish spell it with an "i" for some reason.

Thanks for correcting it.

• Ember_Hunter
    Ember_Hunter Member Posts: 1,693

Lorewise, maybe she managed to beat the Entity from taking her?

• FredKrueger
    FredKrueger Member Posts: 265

Chilling at the Woodsboro map.

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176

Still waiting for another psycho to try and kill her for some random reason after the events of Scream 4

• BlackMercury
    BlackMercury Member Posts: 172
    edited July 2019

No one's explained the full story yet.

To make a licensed chapter, BHVR needs to negotiate with the license holders to use their license. The main things that would be important to the holders are how the license is being used, how they'll make money from it, and when the content will be released.

The issue with Scream is that Sidney, the Ghostface killers, and the films, are all owned by the movie creators/publishers. However the Ghostface Mask, is actually a simple halloween mask they used for the movie, its license belongs to the costume company that made it. So there's two seperate license holders that would need to be negotiated with. The issue is negotiating a license costs money and time, and it's very hard to negotiate twoat once because they will have to agree on everything.

That means they could make a Scream chapter with the movie license, but then the killer would not have the very iconic mask. BHVR decided the mask is the most iconic element of the Killer, so they went for that and created their own character and story for it.

The silver lining is that now we have the mask, there's nothing saying they can't now get the Scream license and create a chapter with Sidney, a map, and the classic cloak. Then we'll basically have the full Scream chapter.

• CaptainCastle
    CaptainCastle Member Posts: 536

Do you have any evidence whatsoever or is this just how you assume it went?