BBQ and Chili

Comments

• Russ76
    Russ76 Member Posts: 306
    Just theowing it out there.  Never used BBQ and Chili so maybe I don't fully understand.  

But would it break the perk to add 2 to 3 seconds of time to it, but the drawback is you only have a snapshot of where they were and doesn't show you continued movement.  (Thinking something closer to the survivor's scream when playing doctor).  

Also I would love to see survivors getting BP, distraction if they were continually hit or being camped as that is what the hanging survivor is doing, being a distraction.

What do you guys think?  I don't think it will ever be implemented.  (I said in another thread that I don't think any devs, other than NotQueen, even come to the forums to see these ideas)
  • M2Fream
    M2Fream Member Posts: 288
    For all you survivors who claim 4 seconds of aura reading is op, why dont I see everyone of your complaining crybaby asses running Kindred, Dark Sense, Objecf of obbsesion and empathy.

And if Aura reading is so op, why do survivors not complain about how Knockout nullifies aura reading and no one complains about Bitter Murmur.

This just proves that survivors look for ######### to complain about
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

@Russ76 said:
    Just theowing it out there.  Never used BBQ and Chili so maybe I don't fully understand.  

But would it break the perk to add 2 to 3 seconds of time to it, but the drawback is you only have a snapshot of where they were and doesn't show you continued movement.  (Thinking something closer to the survivor's scream when playing doctor).  

Also I would love to see survivors getting BP, distraction if they were continually hit or being camped as that is what the hanging survivor is doing, being a distraction.

What do you guys think?  I don't think it will ever be implemented.  (I said in another thread that I don't think any devs, other than NotQueen, even come to the forums to see these ideas)

BBQ has been shadownerfed. The aura is almost the same as the gen aura. Which makes it really hard to see survivors. I´m not sure why the devs would do that. Since it defeats the purpose of the BBQ aura reading: giving the killer a new target.

Maybe if people stop using BBQ and start to camp more.
    Then survivors might appreciate BBQ.

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

@Tsulan said:

@Russ76 said:

BBQ has been shadownerfed. The aura is almost the same as the gen aura. Which makes it really hard to see survivors. I´m not sure why the devs would do that. Since it defeats the purpose of the BBQ aura reading: giving the killer a new target.

Shadiw nerf my ass. They declared exactly why they did that, it was in patch notes, and was openly discussed on stream. Nerf, yes. It means killers are no longer lying when they say “hide behind a gen” but it wasn’t a SHADOWnerf

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

@SasukeKun said:

make hiding almost not an option.

40.000 keks under the sea.
    If you want it removed, behold the glory days of old, where Killers camped twice as much as present!

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

People need to stop assuming every survivor they see is part of some elite swf team with comms, we're not. I'd rather take that 1 in 4 chance of being camped while the others got gens done, than that 1 in 3 (or better) chance of getting targeted just because some rng potato I got stuck with in the trial is hooked. Likewise I don't want to penalize the strangers I play with if I happen to be that potato on the hook. Every trial I have to break any rhythm to counter bbq more so than any other perk in existence and that gets old.

Stops camping? No, it justifies it if the killer doesn't see all auras they assume someone is close by and will camp/patrol even harder, or if they do see all auras. they get an idea if their hook is safe for awhile and about when they should wander back in time to greet the unhook. Basically what I hear when people say camping will happen more if bbq wasn't around, is that most killers are just bad at the job.

tl;dr The big beef I have with bbq is it penalizes me for someone else's fail.

• SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    darktrix said:

People need to stop assuming every survivor they see is part of some elite swf team with comms, we're not. I'd rather take that 1 in 4 chance of being camped while the others got gens done, than that 1 in 3 (or better) chance of getting targeted just because some rng potato I got stuck with in the trial is hooked. Likewise I don't want to penalize the strangers I play with if I happen to be that potato on the hook. Every trial I have to break any rhythm to counter bbq more so than any other perk in existence and that gets old.

Stops camping? No, it justifies it if the killer doesn't see all auras they assume someone is close by and will camp/patrol even harder, or if they do see all auras. they get an idea if their hook is safe for awhile and about when they should wander back in time to greet the unhook. Basically what I hear when people say camping will happen more if bbq wasn't around, is that most killers are just bad at the job.

You live as a team, you die as a team. You don’t get to sit there, praise and enjoy the benefits of having team mates, then ######### and moan when having team mates hinders you. 
  • Jack11803

@SovererignKing said:
    darktrix said:

You live as a team, you die as a team. You don’t get to sit there, praise and enjoy the benefits of having team mates, then ######### and moan when having team mates hinders you. 

Survivors are just people with a common goal, NOT A TEAM. -devs around same time they said camping is ok

• SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    Jack11803 said:

@SovererignKing said:
    darktrix said:

Survivors are just people with a common goal, NOT A TEAM. -devs around same time they said camping is ok

Bond Perk - “We have to work as a team! I need you to Survive so I can Survive!”

Leader Perk - “You are able to organize a team to cooperate more efficiently.”

Thats literally just the first two perks, of just Dwight. Teamwork has always been defined as “A group of individuals working together toward a common goal.”

Like it or not, you’re on a team. The only question is if you a *good* or *bad* “Team Player”. It’s the justification used for SWF as well. Deal with it.
  • TheTimeMachine
    TheTimeMachine Member Posts: 229
       @SasukeKun  I very much agree with this. Even as Killer, if I chose not to role play at low ranks, it would just remove any chance for immersion on the part of the survivors.
  • TeambossFloze
    TeambossFloze Member Posts: 1,260

@SasukeKun said:

Sorry but all these detection perks for killers make hiding almost not an option. I see the point but still stand by the opinion, don't think it's ever fair to see auras every 2 seconds...Survivor or Killer

I didn't like it at first but now I'm not bothered by it whatsoever as I've learnt and adapted and can beat it easily

• Jack11803

@SovererignKing

I don’t care about a single thing said unless you think it can supersede the devs, but in that case camping would be thrown into the crosshairs of questionable ideas, and killers would hate that I’m sure.

• C4Garuda
    C4Garuda Member Posts: 198
    Of course this would come from Sasuke. Sheesh..somebody get him some plot armor. Kishi hurry!
  • SasukeKun
    SasukeKun Member Posts: 1,858
    edited July 2018

@C4Garuda said:
    Of course this would come from Sasuke. Sheesh..somebody get him some plot armor. Kishi hurry!

@TheTimeMachine said:
       @SasukeKun  I very much agree with this. Even as Killer, if I chose not to role play at low ranks, it would just remove any chance for immersion on the part of the survivors.

<3:)

• Tsulan

@Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:

@Russ76 said:

Shadiw nerf my ass. They declared exactly why they did that, it was in patch notes, and was openly discussed on stream. Nerf, yes. It means killers are no longer lying when they say “hide behind a gen” but it wasn’t a SHADOWnerf

Then why are you guys still complain about BBQ if it already has been openly nerfed?

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited July 2018
    Tsulan said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:

@Russ76 said:

Then why are you guys still complain about BBQ if it already has been openly nerfed?

Because it makes surviving harder and still messes with their precious stealth. Remember, it needs to be braindead easy for a Survivor to escape. 
  • Jack11803

@SnakeSound222 said:
    Tsulan said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:

@Russ76 said:

Because it makes surviving harder and still messes with their precious stealth. Remember, it needs to be braindead easy for a Survivor to escape. 

Exactly! They should bring infinite’s back too. Camping is killing this game

• Tsulan
    Jack11803 said:

@SnakeSound222 said:
    Tsulan said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:

@Russ76 said:

Exactly! They should bring infinite’s back too. Camping is killing this game

You've got to be kidding.
    Bring infinites back?!
  • Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293

@Tsulan said:
    Bring infinites back?!

• Tsulan
    Mc_Harty said:

@Tsulan said:
    Bring infinites back?!

Today you can never be to sure.
    I've seen survivors complain that Freddy is pay2win. That camping is bannable and that nurse is to easy.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    SasukeKun said:

Sorry but all these detection perks for killers make hiding almost not an option. I see the point but still stand by the opinion, don't think it's ever fair to see auras every 2 seconds...Survivor or Killer

It would be unfair if dbd was a hiding game, sadly this is not the case and if feels more like a nascar racing sim
  • SasukeKun

@Master said:
    SasukeKun said:

It would be unfair if dbd was a hiding game, sadly this is not the case and if feels more like a nascar racing sim

what? lol may i ask how it's unfair to hide and make it a challenge for the killer to find the survivors?

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

People just don't like the killer hooking someone, then coming right to them.

THey just don't like that idea... too bad.

It is one of the best killer perks. If the killer hooks all 4.. (aka not tunnelling so much) then he gets 2x for that match.

And like others have said... there's several ways to counter it. Relax. ENjoy the game and stop crying.

• SasukeKun

@Dwight_Confusion said:

It is one of the best killer perks. If the killer hooks all 4.. (aka not tunnelling so much) then he gets 2x for that match.

And like others have said... there's several ways to counter it. Relax. ENjoy the game and stop crying.

sounds like they don't like taking the time to actually look ?

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

@SasukeKun said:

@Dwight_Confusion said:

make less sense?

• jiyeonlee
    jiyeonlee Member Posts: 211

@Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:
    Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:

So... would you prefer to get Insidious basement camped by Leatherface?

If it’s a leatherface with insidious and you’re in the basement, BBQ won’t even come close to stopping that camp

Then he's wasting a perk slot.

Too bad that’s common. BBQ does very little to motivate not camping, except by people who would normally not camp anyway.

yep, you have some point
    actually its better at camping, cause let me know i have to camp or not

• SasukeKun

@jiyeonlee said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:
    Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:

If it’s a leatherface with insidious and you’re in the basement, BBQ won’t even come close to stopping that camp

Too bad that’s common. BBQ does very little to motivate not camping, except by people who would normally not camp anyway.

yep, you have some point

Yes that's what people should understand, it's meant to take away campers but it actually just let's them know if they should camp or not while giving them even more bloodpoints

• Tsulan

@SasukeKun said:

@jiyeonlee said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:
    Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:

yep, you have some point

Yes that's what people should understand, it's meant to take away campers but it actually just let's them know if they should camp or not while giving them even more bloodpoints

So you would prefer that the devs remove BBQ.
    What is you opinion on Insidious? Because once the devs remove BBQ, you´ll find way more Insidious users.

• Jack11803

@Tsulan said:

@SasukeKun said:

@jiyeonlee said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:
    Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:

yep, you have some point

What is you opinion on Insidious? Because once the devs remove BBQ, you´ll find way more Insidious users.

It’s weird how you’re using camping as a shield. Does that mean you think its a bad thing? I just want muh stealth

• Tsulan

@Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:

@SasukeKun said:

@jiyeonlee said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:
    Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:

yep, you have some point

It’s weird how you’re using camping as a shield. Does that mean you think its a bad thing? I just want muh stealth

Not using it as a shield. He thinks BBQ should be removed, because it gives campers more points. Ignoring that it heavily reduced camping.

• Jack11803

@Tsulan said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:

@SasukeKun said:

@jiyeonlee said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:
    Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:

yep, you have some point

Not using it as a shield. He thinks BBQ should be removed, because it gives campers more points. Ignoring that it heavily reduced camping.

Oh, in that case yeah I agree. I just want that one second chipped off, it’d make the difference of the world. Removing its #########. Just buff WGLF if it having 2 effects is funky. Seriously.... buff WGLF, getting stacks is like getting STD’s

• SasukeKun

@Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:

@SasukeKun said:

@jiyeonlee said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:
    Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:

yep, you have some point

Oh, in that case yeah I agree. I just want that one second chipped off, it’d make the difference of the world. Removing its #########. Just buff WGLF if it having 2 effects is funky. Seriously.... buff WGLF, getting stacks is like getting STD’s

It's obviously a meme, yeah removing it would be funny but obviously wouldn't happen i want it nerfed.

• Envees
    Envees Member Posts: 370

@Khalednazari said:
    There are multiple ways in which you can use this perk to your advantage and confuse the killer. Also, there's enough time from the point where the survivor is downed to the time he's on the hook, for you to get into the safe zone around the hook where the killer cannot see you. 

All that tells me as killer with BBQ is that one or more survs are within saving range. Meaning i go nowhere from the hook thereby promoting camping yourself. If you are within 40 meters which is very close then you are coming for the unhook. Tell me why i should go? Cos of your twisted rules that state that i have to go to the other side of the map when i slap somebody on the hook?

Think about it please.

• SasukeKun

@Envees said:

@Khalednazari said:
    There are multiple ways in which you can use this perk to your advantage and confuse the killer. Also, there's enough time from the point where the survivor is downed to the time he's on the hook, for you to get into the safe zone around the hook where the killer cannot see you. 

All that tells me as killer with BBQ is that one or more survs are within saving range. Meaning i go nowhere from the hook thereby promoting camping yourself. If you are within 40 meters which is very close then you are coming for the unhook. Tell me why i should go? Cos of your twisted rules that state that i have to go to the other side of the map when i slap somebody on the hook?

Think about it please.

Some people use the perk to make the game smoother but i hope the devs take into consideration that the detection perks overall need to be weak. Otherwise it takes the point of the game away

• Global
    Global Member Posts: 770

@SasukeKun said:

@Envees said:

@Khalednazari said:

Think about it please.

Some people use the perk to make the game smoother but i hope the devs take into consideration that the detection perks overall need to be weak. Otherwise it takes the point of the game away

Detecting perks are literally the most needed thing when setting up perks for killers though. Whispers is good but innacurate Spies from the shadows can be good but only works 80% of the time. BBQ is accurate and why is BBQ so bad when perks like bitter murmur let you see survivors for 9 or so seconds when the last gen is powered like seriously it can be devastating with NOED but no one talks about it. Im not sure what survivors want they go after one perk because its used more and affective not knowing that without those perks killer would be nearly impossible.

• SasukeKun

@Global said:

@SasukeKun said:

@Envees said:

@Khalednazari said:

Think about it please.

Detecting perks are literally the most needed thing when setting up perks for killers though. Whispers is good but innacurate Spies from the shadows can be good but only works 80% of the time. BBQ is accurate and why is BBQ so bad when perks like bitter murmur let you see survivors for 9 or so seconds when the last gen is powered like seriously it can be devastating with NOED but no one talks about it. Im not sure what survivors want they go after one perk because its used more and affective not knowing that without those perks killer would be nearly impossible.

They are trying to buff Bitter Murmur which makes other killers like the Hill Billy too strong. He's a big enough issue with pace and using BBQ. He's a one hitting race car and nobody gets to earn points and the match goes too fast and he also just get's a permanent Bloody Party Streamer. That's in a different topic, overall you do not NEED detection perks like that, Survivors get to use the Key's powers to see aura. I don't even want the dark sense buff.

• SasukeKun

@Dwight_Confusion said:

@SasukeKun said:

@Dwight_Confusion said:

make less sense?

Killers don't need all these aura perks as i explained i think it makes hillbilly too strong

• Glebu
    Glebu Member Posts: 56
    edited July 2018
    Have you thought of moving for 4 seconds after a survivor gets hooked
  • SasukeKun

@Glebu said:

Yes, it doesn't matter in most cases with Billy and or nurse, you ever been body blocked by a billy?

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

@Grey87 said:

@FrenziedRoach said:

First off, you need to be 40meters out to even be picked up

You forgot to add that if the killer doesn't pick you up then the guy on the hook will be patrolled (aka camped) to death.

Nope, because he's picking up the other dumbasses and will go after those instead. And even if he does patrol, somebody can pressure him away doing a gen. The aura shows up for only 4 seconds, and the hook will take 1 to 2 minutes depending on the stage for the person to die. That's plenty of time to bore or pressure the killer away from the hook.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

@SasukeKun said:

@Glebu said:

Yes, it doesn't matter in most cases with Billy and or nurse, you ever been body blocked by a billy?

Unless the killer is running Knock Out (most don't), you know whereabouts the hook will be eventually. This gives you time to position yourself behind a gen, or put some obstacles between you and the killer when the hook is done.

• Jack11803

@FrenziedRoach said:

@SasukeKun said:

@Glebu said:

Unless the killer is running Knock Out (most don't), you know whereabouts the hook will be eventually. This gives you time to position yourself behind a gen, or put some obstacles between you and the killer when the hook is done.

And if they do run knock out? Or third seal? Or any thing like that? BBQ just becomes wall hack on billy?

• Glebu
    SasukeKun said:

@Glebu said:

If you run in a line ofc the killer is gonna predict you
  • SasukeKun

@Glebu said:
    SasukeKun said:

@Glebu said:

You're not calculating how fast billy and nurse can zip to you before you can even do anything

• Jack11803

@Glebu said:
    SasukeKun said:

@Glebu said:

Most of the time, I have line of sight to the survivor at about 2 seconds of BBQ ending, that’s complete #########. There’s no way to “mind game” if I see you by the time aura is over.

• Glebu
    edited July 2018
    It depends on how far you were from the killer
    and you can always hide behind a generator
    Bbq doesnt need to be removed because you were unlucky once
  • Jack11803

@Glebu said:

“BNP’s and insta heals don’t need a nerf cuz you got unlucky and had 4 in a single game”

• Glebu
    edited July 2018
    Jack11803 said:

@Glebu said:

“BNP’s and insta heals don’t need a nerf cuz you got unlucky and had 4 in a single game”

Im talking about the chance of you being close to the person hooked... its not even random you can choose to go away from the downed person
    And you didnt say anything about my other argument
  • Jack11803

@Glebu

(Btw, always keep in mind I’m acting as if killer is billy for this scenarios) What if you got caught away from a gen? Or an obstacle blocks the perpendicular side to the hook? Or knock out? Or last gen got finished but gates are closed?

• Glebu
    edited July 2018
    Jack11803 said:

@Glebu

(Btw, always keep in mind I’m acting as if killer is billy for this scenarios) What if you got caught away from a gen? Or an obstacle blocks the perpendicular side to the hook? Or knock out? Or last gen got finished but gates are closed?

A billy wont reach you in 4 seconds so you can use that against him and make him think you are going right then go left at the 4 second mark
     The killer wastes his perk slot if he only uses it for bbq so you have the perk advantage
    If the gates are open the killer will always go for the guy opening the gate, and if you are the one opening it just go away from it