Voice chat?

What are your thoughts on a voice that?I mean it's hard to communicate for suvivors if they aren't "SWF" and sometimes survivors just run into the basement, where you are hooked and getting camped by a Leatherface, that uses insidious😣.

For example in League Of Legends you can use "pings", that alarm your allies.Some emotes/pings that tell your allies to back off you know what I mean ? :D

Comments

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230

Survivors are not meant to have any precise way of communication and there's a reason they are limited to only two gestures, that were implemented later on.

It's part of the game's premise and immersion. SWF that voice chat with one another break that and since the game's not balanced around it, we have balance issues.

Voice chat is not part of this game and better never be. I enjoy not having to deal with 12 year old kids screaming at me through a cheap microphone when I'm playing this game.

• Chantashany
    Chantashany Member Posts: 12

That's true xD Survivors would be hella strong I guess :o

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582

I support it. If they implement an optional voice channel they can finally work to balance the game around survivors having that kind of communication.

• My_Farewell
    My_Farewell Member Posts: 495

If they added voice chat they should also add a couple of things: the option to disable it and an icon notifying the others that you disabled it.

• Chantashany

Same as I thought! And for example if a Meg is talking a icon of Meg should pop up in a corner 🙂

• Remi1993
    Remi1993 Member Posts: 88

If they add voice chat then add 2 killers in match instead of one, that would be fair, survivors could easy communicate saying all the time where is the killer... If you are good at the game then you dont need a voice chat or find friends and play this game.

• Captain_Doomsday
    Captain_Doomsday Member Posts: 175

I'm sorry to say this, but voice chat is already part of the game. While I would prefer that nobody gets it, SWFs use it, and not balancing around them gives them an unfair advantage. But balancing around it makes things harder for everyone else.

So unless solo Survivors are willing to accept a difficulty spike (which I'd respect and even recommend a BP bonus for), the best thing for the game balance would be to have in-game voice chat so that it can be accounted for.

• Chantashany

it's not just about being good.In dbd you HAVE to work with your team 60% of the time if you wanna escape through the exit gates.If you wanna escape through the hatch you can wait till everyone's dead.