Another Completely Useless Perk?

Options
ForsakenM
ForsakenM Member Posts: 47
edited July 2019 in General Discussions

Uhh...Left Behind, anyone?

Now I'm sure this is one of the perks that wasn't used even earlier on, but now with the new Endgame that triggers when there is only one person left, all the gens get blocked off and the hatch opens up no matter what. If the Killer closes it, the gates get powered up no matter what.

So...shouldn't this perk get reworked or replaced with one that actually does something?

Or am I missing something?

EDIT: An example of a change might be boosted movement speed or boosted gate opening, though the latter seems a bit much considering this is supposed to be a Killer-favored mechanic.

Comments

• SaveUsY2K
    SaveUsY2K Member Posts: 43
    Options

So don't use it.

Boom. I fixed the problem.

• Lmronby
    Lmronby Member Posts: 339
    Options

I think it should be reworked in a way so it gets benefits when every other survivor is Disabled, instead of Dead.

3 survivors on hook or bleeding out? +[X]% speed to [Y] and I think it'll become twice as much more useful than it is now. Not OP / Meta and extremely situational; but at least *Can* be used

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259
    Options

I think a nice change would be to add 1/2/3 minutes to the EGC timer. This gives the survivor time to mindgame the killer about which gate to guard. As it stands, once the hatch is shut and you've lit a light on a gate, you're pretty well toast if the killer sees that light. A longer timer would give you time to go back and forth between gates, light them both up, escape chases, and maybe even escape the match.

A small running speed boost would be nice too.

Side note, this should only apply if your buddies are dead (or disabled, as mentioned earlier). We don't want 3 escapees and one holdout lengthening the EGC every game just to be a punk.

• not_Queef
    not_Queef Member Posts: 805
    Options

It would be more useful if it allowed you to open the hatch without a key when you are the last survivor and the EGC has begun.

If the devs aren't going to do anything about the gates spawning so close together, this would give survivors another option.

Idk if opening the hatch should be instant or require the same time as opening a gate.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Options

@Almo will the achievement also get changed a lil bit?

• Almo
    Almo Member, Dev Posts: 1,120
    Options

I am not sure about that. Achievements are quite difficult to change on some platforms.

• Jdsgames
    Jdsgames Member Posts: 1,109
    edited July 2019
    Options

@Almo out of curiosity how would you rank the difficulty of achievement changes across the platforms. PC, PS4, and Xbox? Is it an internalized issue or platform requirements?

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,039
    Options
  • Almo
    Almo Member, Dev Posts: 1,120
    Options

About achievement changes: Playstation is the toughest. They have strict requirements before they will let you change something.

• yobuddd
    Options

I may be completely wrong here, but isn't Left Behind one of Bill's perks? Since he's not on playstation, there's no Adept Bill perk to rework. I'm not available to check right now, but are there any other achievements that require Left Behind?

• fluffymareep
    fluffymareep Member Posts: 634
    Options

It'd be better if it counted for every did survivor, similar to Sole Survivor.

• ItsYourBoyGuzma
    ItsYourBoyGuzma Member Posts: 797
    Options

Yes, people have mentioned this but the devs are dumb.

How incompetent can you be when you're literally reworking a perk and forget about a new upcoming gameplay changing event (aka the EGC) and all you do to left behind is add more % repair speed .. *SMFH*

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Options
  • yobuddd
    Options

If that's the case, the smart thing would be to get a rework of this perk out in the same patch. I know there's not a lot of time left, so maybe they've been working on it already. This would really save the headache of dealing with the PS4's achievement changes, since they were flagged as being the worst.

The other option would be to not activate Bill's achievement on PS4 until after the rework.

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,039
    Options

Any hint regarding perks on what said list is? Other then this one ofc.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388
    Options
  • xllxENIGMAxllx
    xllxENIGMAxllx Member Posts: 923
    Options

@Almo Will it come with bill on console or not. I mean he would make sense and a perfect time to rework it.

• s0cial_outc4st
    s0cial_outc4st Member Posts: 59
    Options

No, you just put it on the back burner. There shouldn't be utterly useless perks simply because the game plays different now with EGC.

• MySpaceBarsBroken
    MySpaceBarsBroken Member Posts: 167
    Options

Most useless perk in the game