Live Q&A: 3.1.0 PTB/Update

Comments

• SleepyWillo
    SleepyWillo Member Posts: 2,197

Why does one cosmetic set cost more than whole chapters? And are there any plans to change this?

• filthyquentinmain
    filthyquentinmain Member Posts: 3

Are freddy’s dream snares getting a buff? 15% slowdown seems weak on even the Clown, but with all the requirements for dream snares to pop off, it seems like snares should receive something; id hate to see Freddy as another add on reliant killer.

• Rynj
    Rynj Member Posts: 13

Are there any other events planned in the foreseeable future like the summer bbq event? I really enjoy those wacky events every so often

• NextKillerSpongebob
    NextKillerSpongebob Member Posts: 271

Is there a chance of you guys changing the way chases work? Considering the boring pallet looping which is boring for both survivors and killers.

• Maelstrom10
    Maelstrom10 Member Posts: 1,922

Can you remove the bloodpoint cap? And possibly give very slight numbers buffs to the killers that could desperately use it ? (Ie doctor having moldy electrodes range as basekit with maybe slightly faster charge or transition time?)

• Raidoku
    Raidoku Member Posts: 69

When can we expect rework for survivors fixed animations better hit boxes and perks for survivors that are more fair to help go against killer.

• deadlycast
    deadlycast Member Posts: 45

When you guys did the rework on freddy kreuger why didn't you rework freddys face to more resemble robert Englund freddy. And not a cheap dollar store mock off freddy? Also cant you get Robert Englund to come do some voice acting?

• Seltas0208
    Seltas0208 Member Posts: 1,056

What's your favourite brands of cereal?

• Enlyne
    Enlyne Member Posts: 429

Since Freddy can now make false pallets, would Windows of Opportunity from Kate still highlight them as normal pallets? Or would it ignore them?

• Donglybits
    Donglybits Member Posts: 8

Could you talk about who you're planning on reworking/updating next?

I know there has been a lot of talk about killer add-on reworks, additions, and changes, but I and many others would be ecstatic to hear about the next updated killer.

• Just_Clown1n_Around
    Just_Clown1n_Around Member Posts: 41

Any plans to rework GF power or aura reading perks for survivors so that OoO doesn't see GF while his night shroud is active?

• Mfeitz
    Mfeitz Member Posts: 31

I know you are already aware of that issue, but both a friend of mine and me were asking if there were gonna be anything done about the few PS4 trophies that are currently not obtainable even if the requierements are there.

For now, we're getting trouble with Medik, Handyman and Risk it all, but I'm pretty sure I've seen a few more on web. However, big thanks for all of you, your game is amazing, well at least, that's what my friend doesn't stop telling me (and I'm not wrong with that) !

• Jonathanskilz
    Jonathanskilz Member Posts: 403
    edited July 2019

Is deliverence 1 been fixed? just tryed to unhook myself with deliverence one and it did not work, and i did unhook a person,safe save :( i just felt like a good timing to post here

• monka
    monka Member Posts: 66

How far is ps4 optimization currently progressing?

OVER30 FPS?

I want to know the detailed value

• Pennosuke
    Pennosuke Member Posts: 100

Are Vigil and Brutal Stregth work same as pre-change Enduring ( Increase speed of recovery or doing something ) or post-change Enduring( Decrease the time from doing something ) ?

• DeathScavenger
    DeathScavenger Member Posts: 20

Can I get more information about dedicated servers? An estimated release time would be nice instead of waiting for "summer 2019". I was hoping it was coming with the mid chapter update (with the Freddy rework) and the matchmaking / leaver balance changes but I'm not sure anymore, I'm having a hard time finding any information.

Onto my real question: I was wondering if there is a penalty to using the "leave game" feature you have included; sometimes I just don't want to play Haddonfield or Swamp 3 times in a row and it would feel bad if I get a dodge timer for something like that. Can I "dodge" within the first minute without a penalty for something like this occurring?

Also was wondering if you can make the trapper's traps highlight in white when playing as the trapper? I'm colorblind and it's super difficult to find his traps on maps like Autohaven (specifically because of Autohaven green filter / red trap highlight).

• Gorgonia
    Gorgonia Member Posts: 1,607

Considering you're releasing the game on Nintendo Switch, will you work on crossplay or maybe the option to link your user ID to an account that could be logged in any other console, say like Fortnite or Paladins, etc?

• JAWS_BDSM
    JAWS_BDSM Member Posts: 328

Are you planning to do anything with insta-heals, since mori was nerfed?

• paint1210
    paint1210 Member Posts: 95

Are the trailer for Freddy will be redo as his power is totally different and can we refund the dlc after certain update for that particular dlc as there is match to our expectations?

• Alfred
    Alfred Member Posts: 272

Will you allow players set volume for music and effect separately?

Or do you still think you have patent on every sound system and human ears?

• survivormain1105
    survivormain1105 Member Posts: 327

Can we work on hitboxes. So that the killer who can lunge across map has to at least have to hit me.

• bsb0107
    bsb0107 Member Posts: 10

Have you seen a nightmare movie?

In movies

try not to sleep.

PTB Freddy

No need to Waking Up

Falling Asleep is not advantage

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275

Would you ever consider removing perk tiers, so that each perk only has one version?

With 65 total survivor perks and 60 total killer perks, this would alleviate the most oppressive aspects of the grind, and actually make prestige a tempting decision, while still requiring players to put time into building up characters.

• Dead_by_David17
    Dead_by_David17 Member Posts: 75

Would you consider reintroducing the gate opening time going down to 15 secs from 20 secs for the last person alive?

Wake Up and good RNG is the only thing the last survivor has that gives them the best chance of getting out. In situations where both doors are a blink away from one another, all the last survivor can do is die.

• Keanuqwerty
    Keanuqwerty Member Posts: 126

Will you guys be adding cross platform functionality after you migrate all platforms to dedicated servers?

• thepigBuff
    thepigBuff Member Posts: 2

Do you have any plans for The Pig's buff or remake?

• theArashi
    theArashi Member Posts: 998

Do you plan to make any changes to the gen rush meta?

Survivors still can just rush the gens to quickly escape but then both sides "lose" because they didn't do enough in the match. Wouldn't it be better to prevent that from happening with adding some comeback mechanic when killer quickly downs 4 people as well.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,217

Will Freddy Z-block,Unicorn Block and Sheep block receive useful status effects to help Freddy in chases with snares(Such as Hindered,Exhausted,Exposed effects)?

• You recently announced that the 3.1.0 update will not be adding the Left Behind Paragraph to the PS4 version of Dead by Daylight as it was initially intended to, though it will be coming "soon."

To be frank, this sounds concerningly similar to the issues you had with the Curtain Call Chapter almost exactly one year ago, where PS4 users had to wait a full month to play the content that everyone else had access to for weeks. Furthermore, after this particular incident you assured players that you were taking steps prevent issues like this in the future.

So with all of that in mind, can you explain what exactly went wrong? What do you have to say about this breach of trust? Do PS4 users need to be concerned about more long delays going forward?

• FunkyMunkey
    FunkyMunkey Member Posts: 23

I've been using Distortion and Diversion lots, but it's so limited. Is it possible to see a minor buff with these two perks? Distortion tokens can be gained from completing gens, and diversion's time requirement from 45 secs to 35 secs.

• dlee9391
    dlee9391 Member Posts: 8

Any chance of nerfing the time on blood warden? Getting stuck during end game can be a real pain especially if you dont bring or cant find a key to get out! 🤷‍♂️😨

• Jed_Olsen
    Jed_Olsen Member Posts: 256

Can you please adjust hotboxes. They are too big plain and simple and you know it

• gantes
    gantes Member Posts: 1,611

No changes to Freddy's block add-ons? There's little to no reason to run them, not even in "fun" builds. No one I talked to was hyped about them.

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

Do you plan on reworking Leatherface's add ons since they are the same as Hillbilly's add ons?

• Tzeentchling9
    Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796

What was the thought process regarding the changes for Freddy's Block add-ons?

• Ashkiin
    Ashkiin Member Posts: 52

Did no one read wjat they are commenting on? Or is this the biggest meme ever?

• MultiMan
    MultiMan Member Posts: 1

what do we do if our steam (PC) wont allow us to activate the beta? (It doesnt show up)

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,935

Will you rework Freddy's Block Addons? In the PTB people already said that "Hemorrhage" and "Blindness" status does nothing and is just a waste of Addons. You changed it on Ghostface, why not Freddy?

• Kenshin
    Kenshin Member Posts: 912

can we expect a small buff for clown and/or plague? according to one of your own statistics they both have the lowest kill rates of all killers.

• Entità
    Entità Member Posts: 1,583

In the Developer Update June/July 2019 you announced a Survival category reform, which has not been included in the 3.1.0 patch: could you kindly tell us when you'll implement it? I wrote a humble proposal about this topic: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/74679/survival-category-reform

• Creator
    Creator Member Posts: 360
    edited July 2019

When you do a Leatherface rework? And when you have finally fixed the animation of the breakdown of the pallets for killers from the 1st person (in patch 1.5.0 you broke this animation)? When you return the old miss animation for the killer?

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/76094/developers-please-fix-the-animations-that-you-broke-though-not-intentionally-but-did-not-fix-them#latest

https://www.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/86ih8h/bringbackthe_old_pallet_breaking_animation/

• PalletOrWhat
    PalletOrWhat Member Posts: 265

Freddy is live now: I have a few questions.

1) Freddy's Dream Snares are weaker clown bottles. That became clear to people on the first day of PTB, but you just don't care about other opinions, do you? I don't know which one of you had the great idea with Snares, but the implementation has gone really bad. Idea good - implementation bad

2) So..we know that the snares are pretty useless: Most of the community wanted the Dream Pallets as base kit and Snares as addons... why didn't you take care of it?

Love you MCLean and Peanits! <3

This discussion has been closed.