Not to Rip on the Devs, But...

Options

So every day, I browse this forum to keep up on what's happening behind the scenes in DBD and what players can expect in future updates/releases. I've come to notice that there is no shortage of discussion threads regarding bugs, exploits, game imbalances, and other in-game issues that players encounter. Now I understand that a large portion of these posts are from people who are complaining just to complain, but even so, a substantial amount of the posts bring up valid issues that negatively impact gameplay.

I'll give the Devs credit in that they are active on the forums and reply to a fair share of the threads on here. These threads, however, seem to always deal with something that is a non-issue in the community/game. I've seen far too often Devs reply to "shitposts" for a lack of better words, while posts pertaining to legitimate gameplay issues are seemingly swept under the rug. Without getting into anything super specific, as my intention genuinely IS NOT to put down the devs, but patch after patch there is a handful of problems that are discovered by players, only to be "fixed" in the next patch. These patches in turn simply create even more issues with elements of the game that are totally unrelated to the thing that was fixed. I just find it hard to believe that BHVR is dependent on a team that consistently creates as many problems as it solves.

I guess I'm just losing patience, that's all. I love this game to death, but I find it hard to continue to support the team behind it when it seems like they care far more about the money made off of cosmetics than listening to their playerbase and implementing solutions to known problems.

I apologize if I've come off as cynical or condescending. I've tried to voice my discontentment as respectfully as possible, and I don't mean to come off as just another salty player. Thanks for reading.

Comments

• ceeroover
    ceeroover Member Posts: 78
    Options

I assume this is a common feeling within the playerbase. But maybe we expect too much. The average DBD developer might not be a passionate DBD player at the same time, so he/she might not have the same focus as the playerbase. Also, most of them just work on one piece of the puzzle most of the time, probably without looking too much left and right, or without the possibilities or resources to do so.

Don't get me wrong, I wonder about the constant rate of unrelated bugs with every patch/content release as well, which I often also don't understand, how they can pass a basic quality control.

But on the other hand, I guess this is how it works at most places. You'll find this everywhere, if you look for it, not just with these developers or in gaming industry. Therefore, it's maybe not so hard to believe.