2»

Comments

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

I caved and bought the drill bit.

I am a hypocrite. :(

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

i rarely buy skins, unless i REALLY like them.

the only skins i've purchased with money by now are:

Hallowed Blight skins (Doc, Wraith)

MacMillian Miner (Trapper)

Pig Leather (Pig)

i feel like with lower prices i would buy them more often... :(

• Cardgrey
    Cardgrey Member Posts: 1,454

I’m willing to spend 180$ on dbd a year.

cause I don’t pay square Enix a sub fee for 11 anymore.

i see it as a acceptable expense for me =p

maybe it’s just me but the good games used to have subs without a shop.

now look at fallout destiny over watch wow

hell even 14 got a shop and it’s trash.

that said this game is one of the few shop games I love.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291

You do know that the only thing you listed needed to play the game is the base product. Everything else is optional and never needed including the dlc's.

A licenced character probably has to pay royalties for everything sold so the skin would obviously be more expensive than non licenced ones.

You have a choice to buy or not. The price is irrelevant as it's the customer who dictates it. No sales mean no skins or lower prices. Wanting something cheaper just means the devs have made a good product and you are upset you feel it's not worth it. Wanting and needing are not the same and we generally pay more for luxury items than those needed.

I'd rather they keep skins high priced and the dlc low as at least that is a new addition to the gameplay. Would you rather they lowered fluff items and charged more for dlc? I never buy skins as it's a silly concept to pay for a look when it doesn't change the game in any way.

I am thankful to those that buy them though as they keep money coming into the game so they continue to work on it.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

That's clearly wrong, as ONE outfit for Pig is more expensive. 1 outfit for Pig, 2 for Tapp, 2 for Ash and 1 for Ghostface, all licensed cosmetics, have been regular price. This is blatantly a test of what they can sneak through and what players will still pay.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    edited July 2019

Your making assumptions as no one knows what deal the devs had to make.

The licensee holds the rights and can ask what percentage they want from each one.

There is nothing to say the people who own the rights didn't want to have a larger percentage for the pig itself. Hence why I said probably as it possible.

You also can't compare Ash or Ghostface as they are not the same company to work out an agreement with plus they were made when acquiring the licence. Ghostface also only the mask the costume is bhvrs own.

As for Tapp well he is a skin with nothing unique about him over other survivors so any company would see charging more would not be worth it so won't sell as much if prices too high.

You can continue to be upset because a cosmetic in a game not needed which is optional is too expensive in your eyes. If that's the case don't buy it.

• TheDiz
    TheDiz Member Posts: 243

I just think it's unfortunate that you really don't get to see all the different skins because people don't typically buy them as much since they are so expensive. If they lowered the price or gave some trade-in value I would be way less hesitant to buy them. I think other people would agree and they would make a lot more money and people would see more skins in game.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

Generally, we try to avoid resurrecting old threads on here that no one has commented on in months. If you have opinions about the cosmetics in the game, it's better to make your own new thread to share them 😊

• The fact no cosmetics really come in the DLC is a shame, the DLC should always have like one DLC exclusive skin.

What they have now doesn't count, it's always like the same thing but with a 5 second change.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

It IS their thread. Points are still valid though, it's not like they're discussing balance of something that's been altered since then.

There's a very knee-jerk response to necroing thread even when it isn't something that's no longer relevant.

• Fibijean

Even when it is still a relevant topic, it's still better to make a new thread. I've come up against this issue before and generally mods seem to prefer to lock old threads that get resurrected because it can get confusing for people.

Having said that, I'll admit I didn't check who the OP of the thread was before I made that comment - since it's their own thread it might be okay after all, although an argument could also be made against it on the grounds that bumping threads is against forum rules (which is what this was - he didn't add anything new to the discussion, just repeated what was said in the original post).

• TheDiz
    TheDiz Member Posts: 243

I just saw it when I got on and wanted to add to it. Didn't realize it was an issue.

• Fibijean

It may not be, but for simplicity's sake and to avoid confusion over old comments, starting a new discussion on the topic might be a better option 😊

• pemberley
    pemberley Member Posts: 1,510

I do think the cosmetics are too expensive. I also think I would be much more willing to spend money on cosmetics if they were 2-4 bucks an outfit. $10 really puts a damper on my wallet and I really have to consider if I love that outfit enough to get it.

And dear lord, the people defending the vampirism that is capitalism really need to wake up and smell the manure. Capitalism is a dystopian hellscape that is literally destroying the planet, ruining the lives of common people, and allowing the wealthy to hoard their wealth like dragons and use it as a shield against justice and the law when they do something heinous. Moreover, under capitalism, you are not a customer with agency - you’re not even human...you’re a minnow, a dolphin, a whale being purposely and maliciously manipulated to hand over your money and consume, ask no questions until the next thing comes along and the process repeats. “Capitalism inspires innovation” is a lie. The only innovation it inspires is how to exploit people and the earth, make them pay more for less, and no matter what: how to make the most money the fastest.

• xCarrie
    xCarrie Member Posts: 982

When did I comment on this and why is it popping up again.

• Angelicus23
    Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,547

I have just realised I spent around 160€ on auric cells, and the ammount of cosmetics I have bought with them is not that much.

I see now how ridiculous is to pay 10 or 20 for the game, then over 100 for dlcs and then even more for cosmetics and battlepass.

What have I done.