The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Some are missing the point

DemonDaddy
DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
edited July 2019 in General Discussions

Just an opinion, but I feel like some survivors are missing the point of strong killer addons. There are alot (and even that's putting it lightly) of post declaring specific addons are to much for survivors to face. What I see wrong in this is neglect to the concept that they help reinforce the stealth aspect of the game. Not necessarily actual hiding, but the idea the the killer truelly needs to be avoided for survival. I understand that this style doesn't appeal to everyone, but dismissing it as boring doesn't make it any less valid.

Comments

• DeanIcity
    DeanIcity Member Posts: 180

This argument goes both ways. Survivors still come out ahead.

• SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273

Just as Killers don't want to be used for Survivors fun when they bring best flashlights, toolboxes, and instant heals. Not to mention Killers have to be used for Survivors "fun" when you play on SWF with voice comms to gain an unfair advantage.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886
    edited July 2019

Stealth? Stealth doesn't work inthis game because the killer has tons of perks add ons game. Features and even bugs (hello Black Aura bug) that screw over the stealthy survivor.

They have even completely nerfed stealth across the board with all the sound, lighting and shiny clothing changes they have made to the game.

You want OP killer add-ons to be fine, give survivors back their stealth.

• Seltas0208
    Seltas0208 Member Posts: 1,056

And purple flashlights toolboxes and medkits are completely fine? The insta heals? Both sides have some strong stuff (although I doubt any survivor can be bothered to complain about add ons like Amanda's letter or the wraiths very and ultra rare add ons).

But can we all agree nurse needs a gimivk add on? Or at least an ultra rare.... And doctor needs another ultra rare. Actually all killers are required to have 2 ultra rare add ons 4 very rare and whatever the other numbers are for the other add ons. Ocd gamers rise up

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

I kinda agree and kinda disagree.

• martin27
    martin27 Member Posts: 696

I have fun playing stealthy, i also enjoy the unknown of what i'll be up against. Yes it can sometimes be unfun when facing someone completely over powered, that goes for both survivors and killers. Matches aren't that long and ultra rare add on's are just that ultra rare. So many survivors will just give up and dc or suicide as soon as they see something they don't like instead of keep playing and learn how to be better at the game. Then they're making the game unfun for their team who now have to play with 1 less person.

What's fun?

• Playing the game
    • Getting rid of totems to avoid NOED
    • Making an attempt to save the randoms so they can help you.
    • Experimenting with perk
    • Learning how to beat high tier killers
    • Doing all of the above to win a match.
  • gantes
    gantes Member Posts: 1,611

OK, here's the thing.

Forcing people to avoid interaction is poor game design.

Especially in a game like DBD, where the action part is the most fun for the overwhelming majority of players.

It's OK to like stealth, it's not OK to force people to play immersed because they're going up against something overpowered/with no counterplay when the killer actually finds you.

• martin27

If there was no counter play the devs would do something about. The problem becomes "how willing are the players to learn the counter play?" I couldn't figure out the counter play to looping and said i think it needs to be less effective. Then a survivor told me how i was wrong and told me how to counter it. Now i'm back in the game at purple ranks

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

Ebony mori is not fun when it is used after every 1st hook. You can play around it sure (not so much solo because you can't control others) but it makes thr game unfun for one side, same goes for keys and insta heals.

• gantes
    gantes Member Posts: 1,611

Please don't use this argument.

You can't say people "can't be bothered to learn" when you're talking about people consistently at red ranks and playing this game for years and expect it to stick.

I got to purple ranks and above too when I learned to counter looping, because it's a pretty basic skill. People sitting on red ranks for years still get cucked by moris or omegablink Nurse.

And no, the devs wouldn't do something if it had no counterplay, because their balance, as much as it's been getting better, is still far from perfect and there's still busted stuff in the game.

• martin27

True not everyone but i do feel like there is a large number of players (killers/survivors) with that mentality. Mori's should be limited in how frequent/how effective they are. I don' like them they make the match unprofitable, but every so often i might throw one in for fun.

• BeanieBoyBob
    BeanieBoyBob Member Posts: 354

So under Rule 5871 of the Survivors Rulebook for Killers, what rule am I confessing to for use of specific add-ons/build for achieving my objective in wiping out the survivors? Or do I just use the reason of 'this isn't fun for the Survivors so I apologise for killing you all'.

Seriously though, I couldn't care less.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

It applies to both sides, killers hate Haddonfield offerings and insta-heals, survivors hate prayer beads and moris.

• CoffengMin
    CoffengMin Member Posts: 862

steaalth isnt possible with bbqq in every game, unless you counter it with lockers (which nobody does) its an ez pop goes the weasel on a semi completed gen

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

These add-ons ruin the fun this applies to both sides i'd rather them be nerfed tbh. Stealth isn't viable especially when the killer can just run tracking perks.

• Atrushan88
    Atrushan88 Member Posts: 2,092

To be fair there is counterplay to instaheals. If you have Exposed status effect it's not like they can use their med kit in the dying state. I wouldn't rank an insta heal even close to the level of an Ebony Mori, it's practically a free win. That said, I don't feel like anyone should be able to just bring overpowered crap into a trial where you're graded based on your performance without the performance being graded based on how well you did against what you're facing, but instead how well you did regardless of what you're facing. You could be facing a rank 20 killer as a rank 1 survivor, and I don't think that matters, you'll gain a pip or double pip. OR you could be facing a rank 1 killer as a rank 1 survivor with an ebony mori, and then you instead most likely lose a pip. It's a little ridiculous that there's a ranking system for something so unbalanced, honestly.

• markosoft
    markosoft Member Posts: 6

The point that some survivors tend to miss is that the game isn't meant to be 1 vs 1, and they see the world from their perspective. Certain addons are needed to make the game work in that way, hence why some addons and perks may seem OP.