Nurse experiment (400 kills)

Comments

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

Some of the Nurse's add-ons have to get changed because they are currently too powerful. At the same time: If Nurse gets nerfed, some things on the survivors' side have to get changed, too. For example, insta-heals are too powerful as well.

I don't think that only nerfing the Nurse would be good for the health of the game.

• KaoMinerva
    KaoMinerva Member Posts: 451

I'm a retired Ps4 player, but you're more than welcome to play KYF against my nurse. 😎

• KaoMinerva

I'm sitting here watching Salgu play now @GrootDude. We can run a few games if you'd like. I haven't played PS4 dbd in about 8 months. I could quite possibly be trash with Nurse. How bout it?🙃

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

@KaoMinerva sure, I’m TreemanXD on psn. :)

• KaoMinerva

You're my friend and you already played me LOL. You added me BECAUSE OF MY NURSE LOL

• GrootDude

@KaoMinerva wait,what? Who are you? XD

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557

DOesn't take an experiment for the devs to know that a player with thousands of hours + the nurse = bunch of dead survivors. I think they already know that. 😉

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    edited July 2019

So your telling me...

Someone got good, at a highly skill based character? And they shouldn't get the things they are working for?

Are you telling me that everyone in all those matches where at their A game? Counting kills in a time frame isn't an experiment. We need the extremes, god tier killer and survivors facing off, new survivors vs a new nurse player. We need all the in between, we need perk-less runs, we need OP addons and perk runs.

Testing isn't done in minutes, hours, or even a day, especially with things that can vary, such as, killer and survivor/the individual skill level of each player, where they all solo? 2 teams of 2? A 4 man SWF? What were the perks being used? How many used X perks, what maps?

These are things that should be test thoroughly, for every killer and it's match ups, not just cause some people can't face a certain character.

But of course, let's not do any real testing. I got a 4k with Freddy so he's viable amiright?

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,866

@Raccoon A couple of things. First, I dispute the notion that the depip squad experiment was disregarded. There are people that hold that as gospel even today. The very fact that it's been over a year and you brought it up and 95% of the people that read this thread will know what experiment you are referring to without a link proves that it had a real impact on the game and community.

Secondly, the experiment wasn't exactly done to scientific standards in the first place. In order to do an experiment with any real credibility requires more controls. It was interesting data. It certainly raised many debates. But the very fact that they were publishing the results to the public as they played the games tainted the data. There were no doubt capable killers that saw them in their lobby and knew what to expect and just dodged the game for example.

Third, it has been over a year. We aren't playing the same game today. There have been many fundamental and significant changes to the game since they did their "experiment". Anything they might have proven has long since been invalidated.

• GrootDude

I’d like to see him play add-onless too, I’d actually like both sides to go vanilla.

• gantes
    gantes Member Posts: 1,611

Both sides going vanilla is pretty useless for the community because no one plays perkless, unless their memeing/challenging themselves. Not realistic.

I do think add-onless is a must though.

• GrootDude

He needs to play her without addons to truly prove his point since we all already acknowledge her add ons are OP.

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

@Divine_Confetti

They're all likeable and nice guys for what I've seen and heard.

The point I'm trying to make with the clip is, they know some stuff in the game might be too powerful in experienced hands. And they're ok with it.

So, if you're having fun with the game, you'll have to put up with some stuff inevitably.

The way I think is, you'll have to put some 1000 or 2000 hours into nurse to be able to consistently wreck 90% of your adversaries at R1.

Almost the same could be said about those death squads. Brush it off an move on to the next match.

• Okapi
    Okapi Member Posts: 839

Nurse and 4-person SWF are indeed OP. It's about time their reign of terror ended.

• communeko
    communeko Member Posts: 2

You guys need to be noticed... Salgu, the Korean DBD streamer is currently claiming that total balance of DBD is broken now(some op killers, and some op survivor perks, and some killers with too bad performances, and abandoned perks, etc.) - and he targeted nurse as one example. He've played this game for such a long time(6'000 hrs). I think that his claim is not useless at all - but whether someone does something or not, DBD developers never listens to Asia server users lol

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    edited July 2019

You didn't read the rest of the post, just this one here part, but okay, just like most people, shouldn't have expected much more.

Then what exactly do you think should be the results of someone mastering a hard character? Where do we draw the line between a character being to strong and player skill level? A small and "experiment" like this is enough to just change your mind? If I got X kills in X time with X killer would that suddenly change your mind to?

Simply put, the Nurse is based on how much skill the killer has, and much less on survivor mistakes compared to the rest of the cast, she has more control than any killer, which is why survivors piss themselves over it.

But nah, let's make her like the rest. After all, all you have to do is get a 4k and a killer is suddenly viable. Ya'll want a nerf, but you don't know how to changer her yourself. What would you even do? Base kit 1 blink? She's already trash and addon dependent like the rest. Decrease her base distance blink, that isn't that far? Increase the amount of things she can't teleport through, so it can be abused and looped around?

Let's all quite whining and wait for the DEVs to make an announcement on it. Or not. For now, we can whine about how "old Freddy was stronger". Always something to laugh at around here.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

He's exploiting the playerbase for twitch views. Anybody with a half a brain cell knows that a nurse main with 6,000 hours will defeat 99% of random survivors. Unfair, yes. But pit him against four survivors with 6,000 hours on discord with addons that are "true survivor mains" and watch him crumble.

I bet he wouldn't play Trapper with his 6000 hours and prove a point. He would lose against survivors with only 100 hours. That's not balance!!!!!!

• Theluckyboi
    Theluckyboi Member Posts: 1,113

Just nerf extra blinks and rework range add-ons, those are the real problem, since they remove much of the skill needed when playing nurse

nurse is the only killer most high rank players (specially PC players) can rely on, looping aint fun and makes you lose a lot of time.

• prettyf
    prettyf Member Posts: 442

pffs...im also korean player who matched and sniped him

nothing special between him and other good korean players, like me

but i know theres big gap with good(know something) and decent(kinda good players) players which most japanese top players are decent, never seen any good player as him

but this standard is not even fit in na, they just can't understand what your saying

like we know good and some of us good some of japanese players are decent

but na players doesn't know our definition of decent and good

however they now reached skill level can notice nurse is super op

so i think we can wait more comportable

cause theres not many times left our decent level is also can be common in thier region

so people of here stop saying he is top player, no, he is good player, not a top player

in dbd, being good doesn't requires that much of react speeds and accuracy

personally i think im a decent nurse player so using good addons to all kill everytime

but least i can tell some brain having player main it, no one in earth can think thats balanced no matter how he or she is superhuman being in gaming

• UnicornShark
    UnicornShark Member Posts: 6
    edited July 2019

He (Salgu) is trying to write a letter including some vids to Devs to talk about the entire balancing problem that DbD has these days. The first experiment vid is this one -the Nurse-, so he could tell them that this one killer is just too OP. He's gonna make vids about some very efficient and low risk'ed perks for Survivors such as DS, BT...etc. He's point is that the devs now are trying to balance out the whole game by creating perks every time the community complains about sth. As a player who deeply loves the game (with 6k hours of play time), he just want the game to be fun but not tedious. He has seen so many good players leave the game because of all those ######### balance patches and bugs they never fix (lol). Anyway, since there is no way that devs will hear out the players in Asia (their language setting is messed up as well. nth really makes sense), he is trying to come forward to reach out to devs. He is not trying to just one-side blame either killer mains or survivor mains. He is trying to discuss about the whole balance system in DbD nowadays.

As of myself, I played DbD for 3k hours for now and this era is the time I feel the game is boring and tedious for the first time throughout my entire gaming years for DbD.

As a huge fan of this game, I just want them to do the REAL balance patch. Not just doing it by rule of thumbs but doing it with the user-side view as gamers. (Hope devs play at least few hours of DbD a week ._.)

P.S. btw what's the point of having all those colorful and numerous perks as survivor if you are only gonna use several certain perks? some perks are just too OP. I watched his stream (the Nurse one) and every single player has Dead-Hard/Sprint Burst and DS lol. Then the 3rd one would be the Self-Care amiright? I mean... it's just too tedious. ugh

Post edited by UnicornShark on
  • UnicornShark

He's not a Nurse main lol He plays every killer a day but Nurse... He doesn't really like playing the Nurse. btw, you think he's doing it for twitch views? nah. He's already gotten 3-4k viewers in average. He doesn't care abt the no. of viewers.

• prettyf
    prettyf Member Posts: 442

im hard to belive twitch watchers have 3k playtime and skillful enough

cause most of them didn't even bought the actual game

i think he just egoist, nothing but average good korean player

my point is, every korean can perform like him with nurse if they mained it,

but they doesn't do killer from how much people hate nurse,

and wm1 killers are very underwhelming green ping volunteering

broken balance after all

• UnicornShark
    edited July 2019

Guess you haven't read all of my comment after all lol that's what i'm pretty much talking abt tho... current balancing system of DbD and the devs are wrong in some ways... It doesn't matter if it's killer or survivor.

tbh, I'm kinda glad that he came up front to address the issue for other Asian players. I live in the U.S. and I play in NA server but I know what is going on in Asian server these days.

You guys are always short on killers and it is incredible to find a lobby with a decent ping as a survivor

I played the game ever since it was launched and got only 3k play time so it's not like I played a lot :/ I just play time to time with my friends.

But I know what you guys are going through cuz first, I watch Salgu's stream and second, I experience you guys' pain whenever I visit Korea. (pretty much forced not to play the game cuz the matchmaking takes more than 40 mins to play a game)

I just hope devs to listen at least... they don't really have to fix everything in accordance with what Asian users are talking about. But I hope them to realize sth in some ways... :(

p.s. btw he's not a Nurse main .-. he doesn't even play the Nurse in daily basis. I think this experiment is actually the first time that he played the Nurse more than once in few days.

Post edited by UnicornShark on
  • Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293

These Nurse threads are on the rise tonight bois.

Maybe she'll get that overdue nerf where she can no longer use 3 blinks. Oh a man can dream.

• Zanely89
    Zanely89 Member Posts: 134

I played on Asian server in a country that have even worst player count, never really experienced what you say in the pass few patches. They are not many DBD player in Malaysia and I often have to go solo, and if I'm in swf group, I will have to group up with my friends over in Taiwan or Hong Kong.

Ever since this broken matchmaking that pair up rainbow colour rank in 1 game been introduced, I usually get games in 10 minutes times with mostly green to yellow ping, I only get red ping once in a while, and that is queueing with player from Taiwan too.

• UnicornShark

Well, Korean, Japanese and Chinese server (?) doesn't really pair all the rainbow colors but maybe red and purple together... and that's why it takes forever to matchmake or maybe devs just messed up with East Asian server only for some reason I guess... :/ well i'm kinda jelly that you get a lobby with decent ping that fast

• noneofyourbusiness
    noneofyourbusiness Member Posts: 532

Just play something else 4head

• Sig
    Sig Member Posts: 1

I am not good at English.

But many people know the wrong information, and I want to write.

Korean Streamer Salgu is 6000hour player but he play all killer and survivor, main killer is hillbilly, and he play nurse once a day with start stream 2017~, he play all killer once a day but hillbilly is many play but nurse is up to 2 times in all situations a day

he never 6000h nurse player. play time is 40%=survivor, 60%=killer Inferred

and all killer play time is even, except for hillbilly and nurse because he said hillbilly is funny but nurse is not funny, he said i'm meet or play nurse is disgusting because she is OP

he play killer and probability of survive approximately 20~30% but this probability, the nurse occupies an extremely low part.(any 1%?)

• thepigBuff
    thepigBuff Member Posts: 2

This is a capture of June 21 broadcast on Korean date last month. The clip on the play itself is hard, and I didn't have a video, so I brought it with me. It's a translator, so if you don't understand it, please understand it. Anyways, it's enough for a Norfolk add-on nut, and when Salgu finishes all 400 kilos, he'll play Norfolk add-on Knut on the wire. If you're curious, I hope you'll come to Twitch and see it for yourself.

• UnicornShark

You wanna say that he played no perk and no add-on b4 and he got 4k right? :)

• UnicornShark

dude the translator loool I see he played the Nurse as No perk and No add-on but still got the 4k... :) well I get what you wanna talk about. tnx for sharing.

• Jago
    Jago Member Posts: 1,742

The only thing that game needs is more killer like nurse, that break the game mechanics so we have a richer experience.

Bring back the S++ tier BHVR.

• snozer
    snozer Member Posts: 776

If the survivors know about the experiment, then why would the try hard against a killer they all want nerfed to dust?

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

@thepigBuff "It's a translator, so if you don't understand it, please understand it."

Sorry I know English is not your native language, but I LOL'd at this.

• Omans
    Omans Member Posts: 1,081

If that many survivors believe nurse is broken in the first place, that's a problem. But see for yourself. He's been going against lots of survivors who have been trying their darndest to escape the trial.

• snozer
    snozer Member Posts: 776

They believe she is that broken because they don't play her and keep going against nurses using double range add-ons..

Plus the standard MaH LoOpINg No wOrK!!

• Alfred
    Alfred Member Posts: 272

Why no legion 400 kills experiment?

• Zertix
    Zertix Member Posts: 122

I have been watching this streamer for 4 months even though I don't speak Korean. He is a great DBD player (killer & survivor).

I am shocked and surprised by how far he is willing to go in order to prove how broken the nurse is. Getting 400/400 kills is a bit too extreme, even for a god-tier nurse but I am excited for the result of this experiment.

The sad part is, people who keep defending this killer refuse to pull their heads out of the sand. So let us hope his efforts are not wasted.

• Omans
    Omans Member Posts: 1,081

Yep, that makes sense. No one plays nurse so they don't know what they are talking about. Let's ignore the fact that this streamer (while playing nurse) is saying that she is broken. Or that many of the survivors I've seen in this experiment I've also seen while I'm playing survivor. Want to take one guess what killer they were using? Starts with an N.

Or that I played plenty of nurse at red ranks until I decided it was too much like playing a single-player game, squashing survivors and giving them no hope to escape simply because I learned the killer well enough.

Some people actually want balance. Nurse in this state is not. When I play killer I refuse to play nurse anymore because she is broken. When I play survivor I loathe going against nurses who know what they are doing because my skill at the game is negated.

• Zertix
    Zertix Member Posts: 122

I am assuming you also want all the pallets and windows to be removed? Do you also think that looping is an exploit and require no skills ... or brain? And that stealth is the optimal way to play this game? 

Dear devs, please add a game mode where killers can play against bots because obviously these guys don't want to play a balanced game where players of equal skills have a fair chance of winning.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,793

Yes, let's go back to the endless threads about DS, MoM, OoO and NOED.

On topic, Nurse's add ons should be adjusted. I'm fortunate enough to play on PS4 though so a good Nurse is very rare in my experience. If it was good Nurses all day I'd probably delete the game.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675