If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

2 Killer Concept Submissions

Options
Aissakur
Aissakur Member Posts: 21
edited January 2021 in Creations

I sent this to BHVR & they suggested I also post it here

Please discuss & share ideas!

Jul 23, 18:16 EDT

Dead By Daylight

Killer Concepts

Killer: The Raven

Difficulty: Easy

Power: Talon of the Sentinels

Based on The Morrigan of Irish Mythology

she specializes with crows in the trial

Calling them from the shadows to stand guard & wait to attack when a survivor is near

Their attack instantly puts the survivor into the dying state

Perks:

1) Eye of the Rook: Reveal auras of survivors passing crows, even if not triggered, within a nearby range

2) Quiescent Guise: based on Calm Spirit but helps the Killer with stealth additionally by temporarily hiding the red stain & likewise uses a distance stat

3) The Vindictive Curse: For dealing with idling/AFKing

Each crow (3 tiers) overhead causes the survivor to have the hindered status effect to movement & action speeds

Backstory:

An Irish cottage dweller who kept an aviary surrounded by a Celtic maze garden

As a pagan she prayed to The Morrigan, a goddess who could teach her to overcome life's challenges through difficult lessons

The terflord after having raised land taxes extensively over the years demands she pay her overdrawn debt on her lease

In the meantime she had been studying folklore about her matron deity leading her to discover that the goddess was once Queen Branwen and her lineage is tied to her own family line

At her home altar during a ritual it is revealed to her she is the reincarnation of The Queen of the Cymrag

Delving into madness & dark arts while plagued by anxiety from the constant harrassment from the lord's men at her door increasingly more often she trains her blackbirds to lust for blood hoping to send them in the night as sentinels over her estate

An epidemic of bird related crime causes the common people to become superstitious & fear her restoring her title as The Great Queen or Lady Death

At last she is stormed, enshackled, imprisoned, judged, & sentenced to execution reliving her ancient legend

Killer: The Weaver

Difficulty: Intermediate

Power: The Final Temptation

A seductive mother of spiders who lays web traps with her brood ready to attack on lockers, pallets, vaults, generators, & other interactive objects

When a survivor interacts with a webbed object her brood injures them & the webbing momentarily obstructs their view

The survivor must do a mend like action to get rid of the webbing otherwise the venom timer will end downing them & cocooning them

They will not be able to recover or crawl

Perks:

1) A Tingling Feeling: When a survivor is sneaking up on a hook just outside the terror radius the killer gets an auditory warning in the same direction they face

2) Eyes Of Eight: Briefly shows aura of a survivor approaching an Active Totem when far away from the killer

3) We Are Many: Break Action enables a small Terror Radius emitting for a moderate duration up to 3 at once

Backstory:

A black widow woman who poisoned her husband out of jealousy & suspicion

She weaved on a spindle as a trade

Years of living alone made her reclusive

Surrounded by cobwebs she grew fond of the spiders & saw her own nature in them

Eventually her home overswarmed by loxidae she died in her sleep having retained toxins from their bites over too many nights

I give full permission for Behavior Inc. to use these ideas without credit to myself & in anyway they see fit

It would make me happy to see anything implemented into Dead By Daylight inspired by these submissions of mine

See you in the Fog,

Aissakur

V^_^ Peace

PS: Please note attached art (not mine, from DeviantArt perhaps?) which initially gave me the idea to implement my favorite Celtic Goddess into the gameplay

Post edited by Aissakur on

Comments

• thisdude9001
    thisdude9001 Member Posts: 96
    edited July 2019
    Options

The Raven

So first off, a trap that puts a survivor into dying state instantly is flat out overpowered. Also how many traps can you have at a time, or are the crows that naturally spawn your traps?

Eye of the Rook is overpowered, it is just a straight upgrade to Spies from the Shadows I would recommend finding a new idea for this perk slot.

Quiescent Guise is a cool idea but do you think you can give numbers to these?

The Vindictive Curse is pretty much useless, how the game handles it now is plenty to be able to punish idling players.

The Weaver

Power is cool would strongly recommend changing damage to slowed speed.

1) A Tingling Feeling is a neat idea! Not sure what the in the direction they face thing means though.

2) Eyes Of Eight is also a good idea, but some numbers would be nice.

3) We Are Many now this is cool maybe put a timer on it though. Might be moderately useless.

So cool stuff! maybe just a little off the power scale.

• Aissakur
    Options

@thisdude9001

This is great :D that's the kind of discussion we need here. I personally avoided numbers because I thought BHVR should decide as I was originally submitting this to them & have. But yes these are generalized concepts.

Also I believe you understand the Killer/Survivor balance better than I when it comes to things like instant-downing/unbreakable. You see I main DBD ha. Well I play based on my mood but yeah I play both teams in DBD.

And in the direction the Killer is facing. Much like Premonition Perk.

Thank you! Keep it coming & please talk amongst yourselves as well. I will check-in as I can.

See you in the Fog

& Stay safe out there...

• thisdude9001
    thisdude9001 Member Posts: 96
    Options

Glad I could help!

Not sure what else I could help with without actually making the killers myself.

• Aissakur
    Options

@thisdude9001

Oh btw the main idea with each killer here:

The Raven: you are afraid of the crows more than ever because she can lay her own like Trapper/Nightmare traps (limited number yes) & even the trial crows are riskier than usual because of her crow specific perks. But yes needs improvement for individual usefulness with other Killers.

The Weaver: she probably should have more poison affects but I wasn't sure how BHVR would go about it for DBD. Any ideas welcome. Perhaps status affects that affect group interaction effectiveness. Like I was actually thinking at one point in a broader sense, what if there was a Killer effect that caused a status that makes it harder for all survivors that are sharing a group interaction. Like with the AFKing perk I almost was thinking it could Hinder the other survivors on the same generator or that are healing them by a lesser percentage but I wanted to be more fair. But I do think it would be nice if there were fun ways, like perks, to encourage good gaming. Like honestly I think it's weird that we can't see the aura of the survivor(s) that are being claimed by the entity at the moment of the end match timeout like we can when they are on hooks otherwise.

Anyway yeah there is a lot to discuss. I honestly initially envisioned The Raven as having full control of all crows. Like seeing from there perspective & directing there flight etc. Yet I've never seen anything quite like that in this game. I'd a similar idea with my concept of The Tall Man from the Phantasm film saga but someone already posted something with better structure as well as nice artwork & I didn't understand the game structure nearly as deeply at the time. Still learning!

Anyhow keep it going...

Death is not an escape 🎃

• Aissakur
    Options

I think I used to think Premonition could be directional so I meant you would know by audio direction which hook the survivor was looking at but I forgot

Oh and the small terror radius emanations are supposed to be on Survivors up to 3 either based on the tier of the perk or perhaps instead based on certain requirements like maybe you'd have to earn tokens via somehow idk, I'm just trying to clarify this early post, haha 😅 sigh...