The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Just curious, but how many times as killer have you been called a hacker?

BunnyTheHutt
BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773

This just happened too me when I was Spirit, got called and reported for being a hacker, even though I had Rancor and could also use my eyes, but it got me wondering how many times killers are given hackusations. I assume it's a lot since people get really salty, but I hope it's low.

Comments

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

Blendette’s like calling me a hacker.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

At least once

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

1, 4man swf reported me cause they lost to tier 1 Myers with no addons.

• Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835

Every time when matchmaking decides that some poor r20 has to join my lobby and in game I find them from corner of the map with BBQ.

• rayoxium
    rayoxium Member Posts: 112

Been called a hacker a few times, mostly for BBQ and Chili. Also when it’s rank reset and I get matched with low ranks survivors and I hit them with hatchets from far away. I pretty sure auto-aim wouldn’t even work with hatchet travel time lol

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

About everytime I play Scratched Mirror Myers.

• fly_172
    fly_172 Member Posts: 78

Hasn’t actually happened in awhile. But I’d say about 10 or so times I’ve been accused of hacking because I wasn’t running aura perks and there was “no way” I could’ve found them with deduction skills. I’ve also played a lot of swf games where I had to convince the others the killer wasn’t hacking. People have trouble accepting their faults, it’s not something we can fix in a day lol

• shadowman0105
    shadowman0105 Member Posts: 261

Was called a hacker because I was using maa with all speed addons as hillbilly. Memories 😁

• Zanely89
    Zanely89 Member Posts: 134

I don't usually play killer so never been called a hacker. But, I do get called hacker once last month as a survivor on Osmund versing ghostface. Reason being I was able to "see" him every where he went and knew when he was nearby. I mean, I should not pay attention versing stealth killer when you obviously approaching me from the open and break you you out of shrout whenever I got chance, right? I must be speed hacking because you can't get me for at least 1 minute looping a safe pallet, and then going down at said safe pallet to cover the track that I'm hacking, right?

• DaS_only
    DaS_only Member Posts: 656

I get called hacker because I can find survivors without bbq.

• Jdsgames
    Jdsgames Member Posts: 1,109

Ironically I have had this so bad.

I have been called a lagswitcher due to bad latency.

I have been called a wall hacker for the general finding of survivors healing by a pallet/generator/hook.

My huntress has aimbot according to like 50% of Red Rank survivors.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

Same here, but it's because my aura reading perks work. 🤗

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529
    edited July 2019

I got called hacker 2 or 3 times as Nurse, because I managed to blink right on top of them with no line of sight. I mean, what do you expect if you are just running away in a straight line after completing a generator/unhooking?

Edit: Red/purple ranks btw.

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

At least a dozen times. Make it over two dozens, if we include "LAGSWITCHER" :)

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

A near hackusation when playing old (pre-rework) red paintbrush freddy. On the Game.

They asked me how I got rid of my terror radius. Funniest thing ever.

One other one is when I was playing Legion (surprise) and KI showed me one in a locker (a survivor I wasn't chasing at the time). They said there was no way to find them in a locker like that and I shouldn't've known they were there.

• Heroiq
    Heroiq Member Posts: 1,134

they told me that i used a hacking program to remove my terror radius (while playing jumpscare freddy on lery's).

and a wallhacker while playing nurse (my headset's sounds are set to #########, so basically a free stidor but with a cost of a louder screaming and blink noises)

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Not nearly enough times to boost my ego.

• BlackMercury
    BlackMercury Member Posts: 172
    edited July 2019

Maybe thrice total? Recently I was accused of lag-switching. It's extra funny because another survivor from the same match actually became friends with me after I 'lag-switched'. The accuser also admitted that he had once been banned for toxicity for 300 hours, so it's cool to hear that reports work.

• PalletOrWhat
    PalletOrWhat Member Posts: 265

A few times already. If u r good at Huntress you probably get a lot of "crosshair cheater" comments.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

Literally never.

• SKORPIONIC
    SKORPIONIC Member Posts: 2

Playing on Xbox, I get 'reported' when I grab them out of the hatch. Use perks over tier 2. Let them run straight at me and impale themselves on my knife. I gave up a while ago and turned my settings to friends only.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

3 times so far, 2 were even posted on my profile :p

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Uhmm, 3-4 times?

I went completely private-profile really soon after the game released though, so who knows, I might have gotten ten times that.

• PyroDude
    PyroDude Member Posts: 454

Once

I was using nurses calling on pig.

They said my tracking ability was suspicious

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,283

Everytime I see a survivor with red ping in my lobby, I just prepare myself for the "lag-switcher" accusations that are gonna be in the endgame chat. Maybe leave the lobby and find a new one if you see your ping is 500, dont blame me later on cuz you stayed. I dont have the ability to kick you out of my lobby if you have ######### ping.

• ShyN3ko
    ShyN3ko Member Posts: 1,616

4 times.

Always as Doc.

And 1 time as Pig

"Teleport hacker"

or

"How do you know where I was without BBQ, stupid hacker"

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371

Once or twice. I let them think I hacked just to mess with them. I get usualy called a camper and tunneler but that's because I actualy stay near a hooked survivor or try my best to eliminate one of them as quickly as posible.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

Ha, it's like they don't know all the perks or what they do! XD