Why does post-game chat even exist?

Is there a reason, other than to make my mental state deteriorate significantly?

I am sick of the cancer wishes, the death threats, the genuine HATRED I experience on a daily basis all for doing my job in a video game.

Hiding it by default doesn't persist after a restart a fair amount of the time. My config is never read-only, and this has happened since the introduction of the feature.

I know I'm going to get a bunch of ######### on this post, too - so I'm not reading any of the replies. Sorry.

Please consider adding an option to disable it entirely.

Thanks

Comments

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,244

It exists for me to post lyrics to songs from the 90s such as "Roll To Me" by Del Amitri and I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) by The Proclaimers

• BlackMercury
    BlackMercury Member Posts: 172

I have positive post-game experiences much more frequently than negative ones, especially as killer. I've made a number of friends during it even. I'd hate for it to go.

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371

I love the post game chat. Those spoiled brats always make me laugh. I have been wished a lot of things that could get me banned from the forum if I share them with you. Believe me, those sore losers babies are very original sometimes.

Occasionally I find myself being the last one in the chat with tears rolling down my eyes.... from so much laughter :,-D

• StarOFF
    StarOFF Member Posts: 21

(I’m a console player what is end game chat)

• Horus
    Horus Member Posts: 850

If you hate post game chat wait till in game voice chat comes

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

Most post game chat is friendly TBH and the ones that aren't I just report and they usually get banned. I will never understand why we overreact over it so much. Report move on.

• SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273

I’ve only had 6 post game chats be bad out of thousands of games and chats. Both on PS4 and PC (people do send messages on PSN). 5 were angry Survivors (usually angry toxic SWF squads), 1 was a Killer who was digging for salt using Insidious Leatherface and targeted me across three matches.

Not sure how, but I talked calmly and rationally to the Leatherface. Told him I main Killer though I found his play style boring, it’s a legit tactic considering the only thing Leatherface is good at is camping. He soon changed his play style and went to Billy. Said it was much more fun. Told me the reason he camped for salt was because he was tired of playing nice as Leatherface, just to get toxic tea bagged and was just really angry and frustrated at the game and turned toxic himself.

Honestly the endgame is chat is usually pleasant or neutral for me. Mostly pleasant surprisingly.

• Clockso
    Clockso Member Posts: 853

i don't usually get that many toxic crap in end game chat, however some wholesome conversations can happen there.................................. rarely

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
  • HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167

Because its hilarious when people gets salty, especially when both sides get supermad and start flinching crap at eachother.

• snowflake102
    snowflake102 Member Posts: 2,188
    edited July 2019

I got called by many things. I can't say em though cause they have some bad words in them:(

But yea I understand way you feel this way. It happens to me some times. Not always. But some times I get called names,I get swears, I also get other hateful stuff towards me. Like if I down a survivor after game ends they call me for either tunneling them or way go after me let me escape next time.

And all I was doing was playing what a killer does.

What I do Is I just leave chat if they say some rude stuff.

So if you ever get hated at for doing your job for either killer or survivor just turn off chat:)

Also good luck in your future games:D

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647

It's for comments like "ur mum gay GG EZ LUL" the typical BS

• Ember_Hunter
    Ember_Hunter Member Posts: 1,693

Most of my post chat all chill, usually people get spicy over a bad build, losing too early, or other random stuff they get mad about. Most ridiculous I ever gotten was this Michael Myers hitting me on hook like I was a toxic player and saying the game was my fault, and a Doctor that reported us for "taking hostage of the game" even though we were just going for the Hatch.

• BigBubs
    BigBubs Member Posts: 1,131

Awww...so sad. How about you just close it then? There's a button there for people like you.

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615

@Horus Like that'll ever happen this community would go insane.

• premiumRICE
    premiumRICE Member Posts: 798

Well, your behaviour is toxic too atm.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    edited July 2019

Because not everyone on this game is an #########?

I've made friends through end game chat, just hide it and move on.

Post edited by ceridwen309 on
  • TheShape78
    TheShape78 Member Posts: 712

It's there to discuss the game you just had with the other players, simple as that. Unfortunately, like anything of that nature, it has been abused.

• Horus
    Horus Member Posts: 850
  • Skemooo
    Skemooo Member Posts: 194

you can always ignore if it bothers you.. I sometimes vent there and also enjoy some salt and most times pleasantries..

• cetruzzo
    cetruzzo Member Posts: 323

Cuz this game thrives on toxicity

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

Because it gives us a reason to only say k

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

To help filter out toxic players. Remember the three steps:

1. Report
    2. Ignore
    3. Move on
  • sam
    sam Member Posts: 29

i play both sides and damn near every game i play the people just say gg and leave, IF THAT. if anything you're the one taking their words too seriously, just report and move on.

• Angelicus23
    Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,547

Oh BTW, you literally have an option to hide the chat lmao

• TeaLeaf
    TeaLeaf Member Posts: 205

I personally wouldn't mind an option in settings to turn off the chat feature until unchecked. Shouldn't be that hard to implement

• This is exactly what I was talking about.

More needless abuse directed at me for a simple request.

If you believe 80% of postgame is "friendly or neutral" you are entirely delusional.

I shouldn't have checked the post, I said I wouldn't but I knew I would. Human temptation, I suppose.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited July 2019

Apparently you are incapable of reading a post. I wish you luck in your educational journey.

• hahugow
    hahugow Member Posts: 126

it exists to:

1) ragequit fast as killer before the survs annoy you in the chat

2) say gg

3) blame to max toxicity each others with BAD WORDS

so since we approved 3), why not in game voice chat? or killer chat before starting?

• CornChip
    CornChip Member Posts: 540

Imagine how much more toxic this game would be if there wasn't post game chat.

Its the first and virtually the only way the community can "police" itself from toxic behaviour like face camping, excessive teabagging, picking on new players etc etc (you get the gist.)

WIthout being able to speak up post game and tell that player the things they did that you didn't like they would just continue to do that to everyone else unchecked.

The game would be far worse without post game chat imo. At least it makes the other side realise there is a real person playing the game against them.

All imo.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

The better question is, why doesn’t console have post game chat?

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

I actually like having the player interaction. If it's something you don't like, there's nothing saying that you have to participate.

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059

Because then at the end of every game I would get flamed for not giving the last survivor hatch and so on. :P

• SoylentPixie
    SoylentPixie Member Posts: 1,192

You know, i get that some of you enjoy or don't mind the post game chat, and that's all cool, you all do you, as I always say.

But do some of you have to be so bloody viscous about voicing your opinion?

Seriously the attitudes around here are kinda sad to see, especially when you see one or two people you used to respect for being reasonable, turn around and join the "Be harsh because i can" club. Jeez.

You're talking to another human being who was simply expressing an opinion, and because it didn't match yours you get mean about it. I know internet anonymity gives you some leeway but seriously?

And i am aware that the OP didn't help themselves in their last post, so this is directed at them too. You can't complain about in game chat harshness and then hop on the bandwagon in here dude. It rather negates your point.

I am aware that i am an old (ish) dying breed of gamer and i don't suit popular opinion these days, the one where everyone gets to be as mean as they like because "That's the way it is now" But f*ck it, I'll take the risk of the verbal gun being pointed my way and make the effort to briefly implore that you guys treat each other like people instead of contenders in verbal game of whack a mole.

Maybe it might resonate with at least one person.

*Shrugs*

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

Pixie, the OP is hugely exaggerating, and even those few occasions when someone actually wishes you cancer, can be ignored.

Unless he's oversensitive. Which he is. But in this case, what he should do is stop being oversensitive.

The reaction "I'll just shut everything out" is silly, even unhealthy. There is so much fun to be had with chill people in postgame chat. It's like when you decide never to leave your house again, because someone was rude to you once...

• SoylentPixie
    SoylentPixie Member Posts: 1,192
    edited July 2019

Okay, won't argue that with you exaggeration might be a factor, my opinion might differ somewhat due to some very nasty experiences on ps4, but on the other hand i don't play on pc and cannot comment on the state of things there.

But whether the OP was right or wrong wasn't my issue and has never really been my issue on these forums. Its simply the fact that some could have just as easily given their opinions without being mean about it.

It's becomes so commonplace on these forums it troubles me.

However playing devils advocate and being somewhat old (ish) i can accept that my aversion to this is that I am nice to practically everyone unless real buttons are pushed. Having faced real life nastiness i tend to find myself not wishing to inflict it on others without real due cause.

Guess I'm old fashioned and about to become obsolete?

(Edited because I'm tired as f**k and can't type apparently)

• OpenYoureyes
    OpenYoureyes Member Posts: 111
    edited July 2019

Camp less and post-game chat will improve significantly.

Become a good killer without baby perks and you will receive praises.

It happens all the times high ranks...