What is going on with the Nurse

124»

Comments

• ArecBalrin
    ArecBalrin Member Posts: 636

First of all, you used quotes for this: "chosen not to adapt because they only want to loop and are lazy". This is not something I have said, nor relevant to anything I have discussed here. Who are you quoting and why are you doing so in a reply to me?

What you call my 'narrative' isn't a narrative; it's an argument. False narratives override facts by subsuming them to context, rather than letting facts determine context. An argument accepts the context as provided by facts. When I say "Nothing has changed that would warrant current talk of Nurse addons being broken", that is a factual statement: it is either true or false. I am not constructing a narrative, but inviting counter-factuals.

You claim it is wrong, but then don't do a damn thing to show why it is when it would be extremely easy were it the case. You just need to point out what changes are relevant to Nurse's addons that would take them from being detrimental in 2017 to becoming what they now are at some point since then. I am so far the only person who had bothered looking into this. I pulled out the one relevant patch and you could maybe have talked about it and argued that it was in fact directly beneficial to Nurse addons, but you didn't. I did half your work for you.

You instead for some reason want to talk about when you first started playing the game; around early-mid 2018, after that patch. The point you're trying to make remains elusive.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

Nurse is not, has not ever been, nor will she ever be a normal killer. Her power will stay the same. She will always have blinks and be able to go through walls and pallets. You will never be able to loop a Nurse like a Leatherface.

Sorry about it but there isn’t anything to really do about the Nurse to make her like every other killer, her power doesn’t work that way. Unless they remove Nurse, which will never happen.

Base-kit Nurse is in no way overpowered by the way. Her add-ons make her stupidly strong, but baseline Nurse? No.

• ArecBalrin
  • MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

And I have no idea why there has to be 50 threads complaining about Nurse but here we are again...

Let’s be honest with ourselves, what is REALLY going to change with Nurse in the upcoming patch? Her add-ons. I’m doubtful they will touch her base-kit, as they shouldn’t.

• Omans
    Omans Member Posts: 1,081

Was quoting a common argument used by people defending nurse's current state. It should have been obvious in context.

Why do I have to say this a third time? My point is that even when I first started, there were many discussions about both base Nurse and her addons, B-O-T-H. From that time until now, I never saw any discussions about how her addons were a hinderence. What you say is a factual statement is just..not.

• ArecBalrin

You set great store by 'even when you first started', but I keep having to remind you subtley that this was according to you just last year.

• Omans
    Omans Member Posts: 1,081

Half the game's lifetime. Half the game's lifetime, all the while with people claiming something you claim they weren't. Perception of nurse and her addons have been the same all this time. You say differently. I'm still waiting for your factual statements..

• ArecBalrin

The factual statements being that in 2016 and 2017, Nurse's addons were before and after her nerfing regarded as liabilities. I identified the key potential change to the game as being patch 1.9, which was released in January 2018.

Is that before or after you started playing DbD?

• Abraxis
    Abraxis Member Posts: 3

The fact that I tend to prefer the Nurse without addons and I can still do good is indivitive enough that the addons aren't what's making her powerful.

I feel like these addon alterations aren't going to change anything.