Just got Plague, I wanna get gud

So I just got Vommy Mommy,

I'm having trouble downing even 1 survivor with her (I don't mind, its deranking me atm)

Anyone have any tips on how to use her properly? How viable is she without perks and addons? (I only ask because that's how i like to get familiar with a killer before beefing them up.)

Comments

• Slaughterhouse3
    Slaughterhouse3 Member Posts: 901

Thana is a must! Survivors don't like to cleanse and it will slow the game down plenty. She has a lot of great addons but my personal favorites are her insta sick addons. She takes practice but you will get good with her sooner or later.

• SpacingLlamas
    SpacingLlamas Member Posts: 602

I never know what add-ons to use for her, I have flip flopping games with her. Some games people cleanse others they don't.

I use corrupt intervention, ruin, infectious fright, and save the best for last

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,244

I play her quite a bit. Think of her vile purge as a damage over time effect. You don't necessarily need to chase the first survivor you see. It's good to have a lot of people sick early. Survivors tend to not cleanse because she's just a super tall M1 killer with no chase power without Corrupt Purge. She really needs Bamboozle and something to deal with pallets.

• KormitLeFrag
    KormitLeFrag Member Posts: 14

Just keep throwing up on people til they're broken. If you see other people, do a quick half-fill on them just to proc the plague on them atleast once.

As far as perks go, I personally run BBQ, CI, Thanat, PGTW/M&A/TT

As for add-ons, VP effectiveness is fun, VP cd is useful for half fills, The UR that reveals coughing people is great for higher-rank teams who don't cleanse. (Personally I prefer to use VP over CP myself so)

• Onionthing
    Onionthing Member Posts: 469
    edited July 2019

Thanks guys ... Thanks to your tips she is becoming more enjoyable. I'm getting consistent 3ks now The thing I noticed is ... I'm used to playing 3 gen with some of the mid tier killers; with plague I can play 5 gen and feel a lot less scummy. She is kinda tactical like Doc, but I dont have to keep switching forms. So far, happy purchase.

Post edited by Onionthing on
  • DevourerOfSoap
    DevourerOfSoap Member Posts: 17
    edited July 2019

I main vommy mommy and the build i always use is Monitor and Abuse, Barbecue and Chili, ruin, bamboozle. Then for add-ons use Infected Emetic, and Vile Emetic. Just puke on survivors until they are broken they down them, hook, rinse and repeat. She isn't the best but you just have to be patient. (You could switch bamboozle with thanto)

• InkedRaider
    InkedRaider Member Posts: 19

Vomit on EVERYTHING. Windows, gens, pallets, chests, totems, lockers, fountains and obviously survivors. Stock up on the addons that increase infection time on objects and increase the effectiveness of the vomit. You can find survivors by listening for the sound of them vomiting and those addons will help a lot with infecting them. If they cleanse you get the blood puke and you can down them easier and if they don't they'll be easier to track down and if they get max infection they'll be downed in one hit. Ruin is really good as it'll slow down gen progress and if you patrol near the totem you'll probably catch someone trying to break it (or they'll be super sneaky and break it without you knowing. You can never tell what'll happen)

• Gardenia
    Gardenia Member Posts: 1,143

I keep telling people, my baby plague is actually a very solid killer. :3

• SteelDragon
    SteelDragon Member Posts: 745

For builds, i run

BBQ

Thano

Pop

Ruin

early game you want to spread your disease as much as possible as quick as possible, as you patrol gens make sure to puke on them, you only need to charge the bar partially for this and when you find a survivor just puke on them to get them sick and then go to find the next survivor. If you are gonna just focus on the first survivor you find then you don't want to M1 you want to keep throwing up on him until he is broken, that way they wont get speed boost and when someone rescues him from the hook the rescuer will get sick, someone getting rescued when they are not broken will NOT pass the disease, if you are having a hard time just puking on a survivor due to map geometry, try puking on the pallet/window and force them to use it. if you do hook someone who is not even been puked on you can get them sick by puking at the base of the hook. If the team is cleansers you want to save up 3-4 pools then start using them if you find a good situation so that you can chain use them, if you are in a 3 gen scenario use the corruption from all the pools around the 3 gens and don't use the corruption from any others, then puke on the gens and in the end everyone will be broken without the ability to cleanse because it is a 3 gen scenario with the healing fountains in the middle making it to risky for them. Do remember that if ALL fountains are used then they will all be cleansed and you will only get 1 use of corruption.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,554

Try to get as many people sick as quickly as possible early on. If you find a survivor, but they're attempting to loop you at a very strong loop location, just tag them with sickness and move on to other gens/ survivors. If they're caught with nowhere to go, attempt to fully infect them.

Remember that you can infect uninfected survivors when they are on the ground, but not once you hook them.

Tagging gens with sickness after you damage them is a great way to tell if they are going back on them early on.