The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Resurrection of the Moonlight Offerings with a new effect?

2»

Comments

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

It would be cool if these offerings additionally (or instead of hatch mechanics) affected direct survivor tracking mechanics such as blood and scratch marks, which are often not given enough thought.

Crescent Moon Bouquet: Moderately decreases the visibility of Survivor disturbances and blood. Slightly increases all Survivor sounds.

Quarter Moon Bouquet: Moderately increases the visibility of Survivor disturbances and blood. Slightly decreases all Survivor sounds.

Full Moon Bouquet: Tremendously increases the visibility of Survivor disturbances and blood. Slightly decreases all Survivor sounds.

New Moon Bouquet: Tremendously decreases the visibility of Survivor disturbances and blood. Slightly increases all Survivor sounds.

The survivor sound modification was added as an afterthought and might not need to be included, but without it, I realized that the offerings were very one-sided. Although, to be fair, the original offerings gave preferential treatment to one side or the other.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

Its so the offerings come back, and also because I rarely say it

• Entità
    Entità Member Posts: 1,583

@Kind_Lemon And how would you make your offerings interact with perks, such as Lightweight and Dance With Me?

@Hoodedfengm1n Ah, ok. :)

• Kind_Lemon

@Entità I’m unsure of the nature of your question. If you are talking about “visibility”, that refers to the brightness of the scratch marks and blood, not the duration. So, there’s no direct correlation between moonlight offerings and scratch mark perks. Does that answer the question?

• Ember_Hunter
    Ember_Hunter Member Posts: 1,693

Has there been a Behavior read yet?

• Xaggy
    Xaggy Member Posts: 330
  • Entità

The distinction between duration and visibility of scratch marks or pools of blood is not so clear: while the seconds pass, these marks fade slowly, until they disappear completely. Lightweight, Predator, Bloodhound influence the brightness / duration of these tracks, and your Moonlight Offerings would affect the functioning of these perks. It is certainly not forbidden, but it requires a greater balancing effort.

To tell the truth, my humble doubt concerns the promiscuous usability of your Moonlight Offerings by both the killer and the survivors: in my system, centered on hatch visibility, each offering can be, according to the circumstances, advantageous for the one or for the other faction, and this does not raise balancing problems. In your system, linked to scratch marks and pools of blood, it is clear that the survivors would burn only the offerings that reduce their tracks, while the killer would try to increase them, burning the others: this would raise serious problems, if the killer tried, with one offering, to counter four of the survivors. Your idea would bring the Moonlight Offerings closer to the Oak Offerings and the Coin Offerings, deliberately unbalanced to favor the faction that has more need for hooks (killer) or chests (survivors), respectively. Instead, the Moonlight Offerings, in their original conception and my reform, remain close to the Mist Offerings: that is, they are all fully accessible both to the killer and to the survivors, because they can all abstractly benefit both of them (a Murky Reagent can help survivors with Spine Chill and Urban Evasion, but also a Pig, a Myers, a Ghostface, a Wraith; on the other hand, my New Moon Bouquet can be useful to either the killer or the last survivor, based on their position on the arena when the hatch opens, on the time spent by the survivor to look for the hatch before its opening, on the possible presence of keys or maps...).

@Ember_Hunter @Xaggy Yes, I received a BHVR Read alert.

• Kind_Lemon
    edited August 2019

I wasn't sure exactly how to balance the offerings to be worthwhile for both sides, so I threw something out there that wasn't all that great. I've amended what I would like to see the offerings modify and have included them below (along with the mist offerings).

To your point about stacking, Moonlight offerings and Dark Mist offerings stack only in certain ways. Even now, if 4 survivors bring in a Murky Reagent, it will only be as thick as 1 Murky Reagent. The same was true if 4 Survivors Brought in New Moon Bouquets; the result would be the darkness of 1 New Moon Bouquet regardless of whatever other moonlight offerings were burned.

The power granted by the offerings can only be as strong as the most powerful of the offerings and no more.

Suggested Modified Offerings:

Crescent

-         Slightly Darker Scratch Marks and shorter duration

-         Slightly Less Visible Blood

-         Aura reading range decreased by 15%

-         Survivor FOV is decreased by 5 degrees

Quarter

-         Slightly Brighter Scratch Marks and longer duration

-         Slightly Brighter Blood

-         Aura reading range increased by 15%

-         Survivor FOV is increased by 5 degrees

Full

-         Moderately Brighter Scratch Marks and longer duration

-          Moderately Brighter Blood

-         Aura reading range increased by 30%

-         Survivor FOV is increased by 10 degrees

New

-         Considerably Darker Scratch Marks and shorter duration

-         Slightly Less Visible Blood

-         Aura reading range decreased by 45%

-         Survivor FOV is decreased by 15 degrees

Clear Reagent

-         Slightly lessens the dark mist

-         Slightly increases the volume and range at which all sounds can be heard

Faint Reagent

-         Slightly thickens the dark mist

-         Slightly decreases the volume and range at which all sounds can be heard

Hazy Reagent

-         Moderately thickens the dark mist

-         Moderately decreases the volume and range at which all sounds can be heard

Murky Reagent

-         Considerably thickens the dark mist

-         Considerably decreases the volume and range at which all sounds can be heard

• CoffengMin
    CoffengMin Member Posts: 862

i never see that as survivor it cant be that common

• CoffengMin
    CoffengMin Member Posts: 862

how many people escape on those mid match escapes generally?

• Entità

So you should endorse my proposal, right? :) A darker (if you fears they'll find it before you) or clearer (if you want to find it first) hatch can be helpful...

This discussion has been closed.