Is this what happens when killers dont get 4k these days?

Options

Comments

• Akuma
    Akuma Member Posts: 407
    edited July 2019
    Options

Wait a second

• darkknight287
    darkknight287 Member Posts: 42
    Options

I agree, killers are meant to be scary not be play things for survivors, that's why nurse is the only killer that is balanced imo

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options

This has 100 comments? I didn’t expect this.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,289
    edited July 2019
    Options

Oh look, a sore loser. How revolutionary 😄

Seriously this is nothing out of the norm and has nothing to do with 4ks, escapes or anything else - people simply blame SOMETHING to not realize they might've made mistakes. Killers blaming SWF in lobbies where everyone are solos with public friends lists, survivors blaming NOED even if it didn't make a difference in any way at all, people with good items/add-ons crying about the other side using good items/add-ons... suddenly the loss isn't your fault, the odds were clearly stacked against you from the start so it "doesn't count" 😃

Is it better to just keep it to yourself and move on? Of course, complaining like this person did makes you look like a sore loser at best, and makes you a tempting target for further trolling at worst. That's of course not "right" in the slightest, but it's just how it is. If the person someone accuses of being a toxic survivor, tunneling killer or whatever actually is what you accuse them of, are they going to care? No, if anything that will just encourage them. And if it's a false accusation then again you just look like a sore loser.

• martin27
    martin27 Member Posts: 696
    Options

This could be the exact same thing with the exact same title but with it being a survivor being toxic in the end game chat.

• OrionsFury4789
    OrionsFury4789 Member Posts: 637
    Options

Anyone who cries survivor OP anymore is boosted there is no other explanation for it at this point , those people just aren't as good as they thought at the game and they come here to cry about it , I can consistently get a 3-4k playing at rank one even with "trash" tier killers it's never been easier than it is right now to get kills , hopefully they stop listening to the unnecessary crying because that's what's gonna kill this game

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options
  • SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789
    Options
  • Orion
    Options

I wish the forum rules didn't prevent me from giving you a perfect reply.

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789
    Options

Lately I'm queuing into SWF every other game running object, DS, tbagging, all handing info to each other, etc and I've never descended to that. Stop justifying it.

(and when I say every other game I mean literally every second game)

• Orion
    Options

I don't recall saying anything specific about my play time as of late, but I do recall saying I play survivor exclusively.

• noneofyourbusiness
    noneofyourbusiness Member Posts: 532
    edited July 2019
    Options

Why people think DS is OP or strong perk? In my scale he's slightly above mediocre, i would say 6/10 in scale. Most of the time is useless. So why people still complain about it?

• noneofyourbusiness
    noneofyourbusiness Member Posts: 532
    Options

Same with BT, if killer not camp this perk is useless, and SC...no comment, this perk help more killer than survivor lol xD

• BlueFang
    BlueFang Member Posts: 1,379
    Options

There are toxic players on both sides, just as there are angry players on both sides. Why are they angry? Could've been a bad game, several bad games, problems outside of game. Who knows, dwelling on such matters is pointless

You can never please anyone no matter how you play it doesn't matter if you don't use meta perks, don't abuse cheese strats, and play totally fair. Somebody whether it will be a killer or survivor will hate you guts and accuse you of everything in the book and insist your toxic and mad at them. It's just the nature of a chunk of the playerbase in this game. I've learned that as a primarily killer and sometimes survivor player

Easy come, easy go.

• Onionthing
    Onionthing Member Posts: 469
    edited July 2019
    Options

I was justifying it? Understanding and empathizing is different than justifying. But I suppose people will tell themselves anything to justify their own behavior. That's why toxicity will never leave this game, because neither party wants to admit their short-comings. Who cares what a killer thinks anyway? You are there to win, you do what you need to ... to win.

Just like Im going to do everything in my power to wipe your little SWF.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,665
    Options

"crutch perks"

"toxic tunneling"

"slugging"

*rolls eyes into space*

• TeaLeaf
    TeaLeaf Member Posts: 205
    Options

heh, the amount of salt a killer gets for just running noed tends to be even worse xD

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867
    Options

Call them out for what?! Adrenaline? SC? I love when they run SC. Wound and feel free to dump chase if they are at a safe loop. They will waste 30 seconds or more healing instead of doing a gen.

Those perks are nowhere near toxic. Hell, DS is a dead perk unless you tunneled them off of hook. That is some serious saltiness there.

• SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    Options

I’ve never rage quit before. I have left matches when something important IRL has come up though. I always sent messages after apologizing. I’ve also had legitimate disconnects from my internet crapping out at times.

Oh well, person is banned anyway. Guessing a flat out lie to make me look bad.

• SovererignKing
    Options

Would you say the same if the Killer Mori cancel spammed you for the whole time you’re bleeding out.

• ColgateAdvancedWhite
    ColgateAdvancedWhite Member Posts: 616
    Options

My best friends and I believe that it is justified. Why bully the killer? Just let him get his 4k

• fluffymareep
    fluffymareep Member Posts: 634
    Options

Survivors are never innocent. If a killer posted something like that, people wouldn't be going against it or being like "yeah right, you did something to deserve that treatment." Why the double standard? Both sides have petulant, impolite children.

And then you post it like its some sort of exhibition trophy.

Or, you know, they shared it 'cause what they said upset them. It wasn't nice treatment. They could be looking for validation or bringing awareness to this sort of behavior.

This is why you get Killers who throw courtesy and fair play out the window. This is how you create a toxic killer who will stop a nothing to make future survivors suffer. Bravo, you unleashed another one into the world. Stand proud.

Imagine being so triggered by a post being made that your whole world view shifts. A post that has nothing to do with you and how you behave about someone being belittled and spoken down to for no reason.

• fluffymareep
    Options

We need to spread good, though. An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

• savevatznick
    savevatznick Member Posts: 651
    Options

Killers get frustrated more easily because they have no one to blame but themselves. Survivors playing optimally and being marginally hard to find exacerbates the issues killers face and makes a lot of games feel helpless. It sucks to feel like you're in the feeling of an unwinnable uphill battle, especially then the survivor's explicit purpose is to waste as much of your time as possible.

A killer can lose the game within the first 2 minutes, and be simply riding out the game's corpse for BP if the survivors are good. They just need to learn enough self-control to not be verbally abusive in chat.

• Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835
    edited July 2019
    Options

I feel the exact opposite. When I play killer and I make mistakes its 100% on me. But when I die on first hook, or all pallets are gone after someone else got chased for 1 minute I get really frustrated as that isnt in my control.

There sure are games for killers that are unwinnable before match has even starts as the true potential of survivors is much greater than killer. Yet how often you end a match as a killer and say "damm there was nothing I could have done different"?

• gantes
    gantes Member Posts: 1,611
    Options

Not remotely the same thing.

One directly affects your chances of winning, the other doesn't.

One is about rendering someone unable to do ANYTHING, the other is merely a way to get to psychologically weak people.

• savevatznick
    savevatznick Member Posts: 651
    Options

I understand that, friend. I've been left on the one-hook by my teammates more times than I can count at this point, and I've felt frustrated, and have quit the game in rage, I know how you feel.

Yes, survivors get saddled with potato teammates that are basically killer-food that unwittingly turn their own teammates into killer food themselves. That happens when survivors don't play optimally.

What I'm saying is that, if you play killer, and you're up against survivors who are better than you, you feel utterly powerless. Keeping your time-management aspect in mind, it feels awful to say "I'm going to chase this good survivor for 65 seconds and eat their loops just to get them", knowing the enemy survivors have the sense to do gens. When you're playing with survivors who are good, you can at least take solace in the fact that your failure can be the point of a killer's failure - the simply fact of you getting hooked adds an objective for the killer - defend the hook. For potato teammates, that's a hindrance, but depending on the skill difference, you being hooked vs a camper can win the game vs good survivors.

regardless, I know and feel you. It sucks being teamed up with potatoes. But a lot of the time, killers need to learn to exploit potatoes to even have a chance of winning. A lot of the time, since I don't play Nurse/ spirit / billy too often, I feel like I was screwed from the start as a killer.

• Onionthing
    Onionthing Member Posts: 469
    edited July 2019
    Options

Heh .. welcome to DBD.

And yes, Killers get berated all the time, its not a double standard its called bias.

Killers typically don't like survivors and survivors see killers as Bullies. Its never gonna change because the psychology of the game is set up that way. So no the game is not tilted in any way. Killers look for echo chambers, Survivors look for echo chambers. We still comment in each others echo chambers so a thread like this wonderful little ditty comes out. Its good times for me! Im ah' Socializun'!

It honestly is kinda refreshing to find a person so hellbent on spreadin' love an'-peace in a game about Serial/Slasher killers.

I however am not obligated to coddle and cuddle anyone.

People need to grow a thicker skin.

Just like people need to take stories with a grain of salt because unless video was posted, no one knows the full story. We can only speculate. Cause I dont believe everything I see or hear on the internet.

Love and peace my friend, Love and peace.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    Options

comparing something that has 0 effect on a game (tbagging)

to something that locks you into position for 4 minutes and stops you from doing anything...

Great comparison mate, good job.

• SovererignKing
    Options

Does tea bagging you help you win the game? Nope.

Does Mori Cancel spamming help you win the game? Nope.

Same thing, it's BM that doesn't help either side actually win or accomplish anything. It's just annoying the other side.

• SovererignKing
    Options

I'm not arguing that. I'm saying neither helps win the match. Killer's who mori cancel are jerks, Survivors who tea bag are jerks.

A Killer who mori cancels gets nothing out of it. The other Survivors do Gens and he/she loses. If it's the last person, he/she gains nothing. There is no reason for it other than to upset a survivor.

A Survivor who tea bagged gets nothing out of it. The game goes on just like normal. There is no reason for it other than to upset the Killer.

The fact you think i'm arguing "What's worse" is semantics. I don't care which one is worse than the other, BOTH are aimed for no other reason than to upset the other. It's the INTENT TO UPSET SOMEONE, not the effect it has on the game.

If you want to sit there and think it's OK to tea bag, but not mori cancel then that proves how bias YOU are. Survivors can do nothing toxic and are perfect angels, Killers are bad people, right? You're going to be ok with Survivors doing whatever, but Killers, oh no, can't have that. Going to shame them. I on the other hand will shame BOTH for this behavior, because its toxic for both sides, and only serves to breed more hatred.

Go ahead though, like usual Senzu, pet your preferred side because in your bias eyes, Survivors can do no wrong. I'll continue to fight toxicity on both fronts while you join your toxic little friends and "have fun".

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    Options

If killers brought up legitimate issues I'd actually argue for them, it's not my fault killers want people perm banned for tbagging, flashlight flicking etc, how absurd is that.

Now if a killer made some threads about how ######### maps can be for killers then I'd be all over it, but instead you get weird threads saying nurse is fine (she isn't) and complaining about "toxicity" which only exists in end game chat.

• fluffymareep
    Options

The game is ultimately that: A game. Encouraging people to take a more mature route when dealing with people isn't weird, regardless of what the game entails. It isn't bias, though. Someone posts a post where they're like "I got people being mean to me in end chat and I didn't do anything" you get people agreeing with them. People just assume survivors can't experience the same people people assume killers can't be toxic.

It isn't too much to ask people to be civil.

• LPS11
    LPS11 Member Posts: 68
    Options

There really aren't many legitimate arguments left to make to be honest, alot of them can't stand that survivors can counter them but it's a game and both sides deserve to have counters for each other, then you have the people who refuse to change their build as a killer and don't understand why they should ever have to change it to have an advantage

• Chordyceps
    Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,695
    Options

This thread makes me think we should bring back the dislike button.

• BembridgeScholars
    BembridgeScholars Member Posts: 68
    Options

It's because the devs focus too much on survivors ,most notably noobs because that's where the money is. But that's most games now days unfortunately.

• samination
    samination Member Posts: 312
    Options

Look at all that DS. Remember how much survivor mains complained when it was changed and then called dead. 🤣