Is this what happens when killers dont get 4k these days?

Comments

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775
  • Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

You do not want to get into a numbers war with me. Go ahead, tell me that Survivors should be able to 1v1 Killers, you seem like that kind of guy. Do not tempt me to actually put some effort into debating you.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693

*looks at NOED = No Skill Topic #2578

I agree with you. Play with what you want to - If it's in the game and not an exploit, go nuts.

• Slaughterhouse3
    Slaughterhouse3 Member Posts: 901

I'm a killer main and I do get frustrated at times...but you gotta realize that ######### like this is gonna happen at times. I don't agree with being toxic on both sides but hey...it is an online game :/ Ghostface is very weak though lol I am a streamer and everyone was saying how I 4ked...no..no....I did not ONCE use his power and the survivors were just bad lol

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

*is Killer, doesn't do this*

I'm gonna go with no.

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    edited July 2019

Numbers? Survivors 1v1ing Killers? Debate?

I have no idea what you are getting at. There is nothing of value to discuss. But if you want to go on a power role rant and make broad conclusions over a couple of screenshots, then be my guest.

I'll get the popcorn ready.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

I've seen Borrowed Time and Decisive Strike be used more often to hook rush than I've seen them used against campers. Regardless, I was just listing possible sources of frustration.

• BigBlackMori
    BigBlackMori Member Posts: 220

Exactly. BT and DS do nothing to combat camping or tunneling, they just get used to zerg rush the hook and make any hook you get worthless.

• fluffymareep
    fluffymareep Member Posts: 634

People are just being more and more salty and toxic. The most it felt like you got before was campers, but it feels like more and more trolls are sticking to DbD and making games miserable. It's like how killer mains say (I think?). Enjoy the salt. Feed off of it.

A lot of killers assume everyone they face is a toxic SWF, too. Especially bad ones 'cause it couldn't possibly be them.

• BigBlackMori
    edited July 2019

When all you encounter is toxicity you expect nothing but toxicity. The fact is that any Killer who plays efficiently and wins is going to get flamed, insulted and threatened more often than not. The rare few times people are good sports don't make up for the majority of times when people are pricks, so you assume every survivor group are salty little jerks and since you can't talk to them in the lobby you never know beforehand.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

@Orion I think the killer should be frustrated by lack of points made with pudding and BBQ.

• Orion

My first comment lists potential sources of frustration and then explicitly says I'm not condoning the killer's behavior. That comment is only three sentences long. The fact that you people chose to ignore the third sentence is not on me.

• fluffymareep

It's why I'm not toxic towards people. You need to be the change you want to see in the world. I want everyone to have a good experience. I usually compliment the killer if I thought they did well. I also stand up for the killer if I feel the other survivors are being unreasonable.

It just kinda feels like the trolls who went to lower ranks (15~20) to bully killers have also made their way to the killers ranks and a lot of people are just on edge or out to be mean and stuff. I think it's to protest the Emblem system, personally. I hadn't seen nearly as much before then. It certainly doesn't help that killer hasn't been given a natural prolonging to the game to make it less stressful, though, like with extra gen time or additional (mandatory) objectives. I've seen people give really good suggestions to balance. I hope they incorporate some of it, at least.

• Mausinn
    Mausinn Member Posts: 14

The only thing I see that you did wrong was you actually paid attention to what the guy was saying in chat. Ain't nobody got time for that.

• BigBlackMori
    edited July 2019

Nah, even when pipping was point-based survivors were toxic little trolls. Back then i would often go out of my way to make sure i dragged the game out to max every survivor's points in every category so they could pip, but they rarely were willing to return the favor. Its not the emblem system or any other excuse; they're just used to being the entitled elite masses who should never lose.

Edit: They acted the exact same way during the Victory Cube days, too. I actually liked the victory cube; it had clear win conditions: KIll two survivors, you won and pip. Now we have this uncertain BS where the Killer can do their job perfectly and barely black pip.

• fluffymareep

That's like saying "You used Ruin, so obviously the survivors were toxic" or "You used BBQ, so you should expect this treatment." People should be able to use any perks they wish, so long as they're not bugged terribly to the point they break the game in some way. In that case, they should be fixed, though, imo. Someone running a perk isn't an excuse to flaming and being rude.

• Orion

Where did I say any of those things? Seriously, are you even reading what I'm writing? My first comment explicitly says I'm not condoning this behavior, yet I have multiple people who apparently either skipped that part or lied about it.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

Doesn't matter about the context. Where you may not have had good use of any of those, the killer went against a group just like you where they did. This is a constant issue that I hate about higher ranks. It's why I think purple ranks are my favorite part of the game: Not too toxic, but not dumb either. And they don't get gens done within the first 10 seconds of a game starting.

• fluffymareep

No, I was talking about killer-wise. I'm aware a lot of survivors have been toxic for a while, especially since back then Ochido was a thing and he's super toxic and there's quite a few streamers who are toxic because they think it's funny or something. I think it's worse for killers in some way. You get 4 against 1 and that doesn't feel good. SWF often do that against solo players, too.

When I mentioned emblems, I meant they found it too hard to pip or felt the devs are taking too long to implement something that'll allow them to play their favorite without stressing too much. I personally don't try to drag my feelings from a past game into a present game since it wasn't the current people I'm facing who's at fault, so I can only guess their reasoning.

• Sn0wJob
    Sn0wJob Member Posts: 247

People just need to stop playing legion, he's awful now and not worth playing.

• Raven014

You are just... so wrong about this...

Just cleanse all totems. It's really that simple. That perk can be so easily countered, and it ends up being countered so much that I just don't run it.

You don't have to be trash to use it. Since most high rank games (especially swf) gen rush like there is no tomorrow, and so I need something to surprise them, since the doors seem to also get opened as soon as I get to them.

Noed is designed to catch them off guard. It's not overpowered because it's a hex totem, and survivors who are good at looping can usually avoid it too.

• Dr_Trauts
    Dr_Trauts Member Posts: 704

i mean, your running a lot of 2nd chance perks and if u were toxic in game its only naturaly hes gonna be pissed and be toxic in the after game chat. can't really pin all the blame on him tbf

• fluffymareep

I mean, what I listed was a source of frustration, too, possibly, related to the perks you could use. We really aren't seeking out to understand why he's frustrated. For all we know, he had an argument with his SO and is taking it out on whoever's his opponent. It means about as much as personally not liking some perks.

• Orion

Well, this is the only data point we have, so I based my speculation on that. I'm not psychic, as far as I know, so I had no other recourse.

• Raven014

I think you forget that survivors don't have a win/loss condition. Killers do. So when survivors actively use perks that limit killer enjoyment (DS/Adrenaline)... it's not unfounded where the frustration comes from.

Also... survive with friends is such a frustrating experience for a ghostface. His strength is lack of communication, whereas that's the whole point of SWF.

My main issue with your response was when you say it was just a bad game. Survivor mains in red ranks make every game a bad game, since killers are weak. Killers need some buffs to even put any pressure on survivors so they're not just gen rushing all the time, which happens to limit the points of a killer, due to lack of time.

• Raven014

It's hard to tell. A lot of people get mad about NOED. : P

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    edited July 2019

Both sides can be toxic but its this us v them mentality what is causing more and more toxicity.

Any perk, item or strat in the game is fair to use and no one should complain about them being used or cause frustration but those that feel that way should never take it out on the other players.

Toxic people are toxic no matter what and tbagging someone because you are beating them isnt being a good sport. The others in the match you played with are probably why they reacted.

They were wrong to react but some can't handle being taunted at least the slurs were mild in this instance. I don't condone it but it would be something McCote would class it as trash talk.

Post edited by twistedmonkey on
  • fluffymareep

Which would be helpful if people were looking for a surface reason to consider, but people are cruel for no rhyme or reason. I've had people threaten to hurt me 'cause I said something they thought was dumb or did something they didn't want me to do (and didn't express not wanting me to do). The closest you can come to for a true explanation would be looking into the person's psyche. Someone else doesn't control another person's reaction or what they say and often aren't even that big of an influence on it, so bringing it up as a possible reason is insignificant and can come off as making excuses for them or trying to divert the blame to the victim in the situation. I'm sure this wasn't you're intention. I'm just letting you know the reasoning behind what you perceive as misreading what you said. A lot of interactions don't just take place on a black and white plane. A lot of people aren't so simple to just mean what they say. They say what they do for a reason and that reason is often gray and not explicitly stated.

• BigBlackMori

The ability to just run to a corner and heal infinitely negates any and all pressure a Killer applied in chasing and hitting you. Instead of having to find a teammate or use a medkit, you just lol off to a hidey hole and heal. Plus it enables startegies like hook cycling; zerg the hook, and just take hit and heal so that a fresh person can always run in and bodyblock while you chase one. Add in flashlights and it gets even worse; it's the extra factor in the equation that can make it impossible to win unless you have a reliable instadown like on Myers, Leatherface or Billy

• BigBlackMori

Any time the killer gains is negated by the efficiency of not having to find a teammate and take them off a gen as well, which also reduces the chances that a Killer will find multiple survivors at a gen and initiate a chase that also takes two people off a gen and potentiallly leads to it getting kicked and progress reset. Every SC in play is an overall net gain for survivors, and it adds up fast. Stack it on top of Decisive Strike and/or Borrowed Time + Flashlights or Medkits and its a lose-lose situation for a Killer where even slugging won't help.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

How do we know what really went on during that game lol? There could be information that you neglected to mention.

That said, crap like this happens because the devs refuse to balance the game in a significant way. Maps alone are enough to practically guarantee defeat for a killer.

Unless you can somehow show for certain that this killer wasn't a victim of bad game design, it's impossible to take sides.

• BigBlackMori

Yes, and i love it when survivors don't heal. That makes it so much easier to end chases fast, because most survivors overestimate their ability to abuse a loop and take a hit (usually while vaulting or trying to Dead Hard). Them NOT healing is like having four people with No Mither minus the benefits of that perk. I'll take that with any item configuration, any day of the week.

• Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835

I agree that BT and DS combo gets often used to hook rush by cheat with friend groups to make it impossible for killer to even get 1k. If that would have happened in this round Im sure killer would have lashed out about it.

About no heal meta. Adrenaline is much better than SC if survivors are good.

• AsmodeusJones
    AsmodeusJones Member Posts: 13

Reminder that the average IQ of the DBD community is probably around 105 at best. How much have you wasted your life with this trash game and community?

• Onionthing
    Onionthing Member Posts: 469
    edited July 2019

HAR! HAR! HAR! SURVIVORS DIDN' DO NUFFIN', GG EZ KILLER LULZ.

Sure the killer shouldn't have acted that way, I would have accepted my loss with a bit more dignity. However looking at your perks, seeing that the killer was running the full gambit of perks and addons and knowing how SWF typically acts/works, I do not for one second believe you guys were innocent, and played like perfect little angels. I can see why he turned into a pillar of salt.

And then you post it like its some sort of exhibition trophy.

This is why you get Killers who throw courtesy and fair play out the window. This is how you create a toxic killer who will stop a nothing to make future survivors suffer. Bravo, you unleashed another one into the world. Stand proud.

Personally I give no care either way, I am well past this point. I'm past emotion when it comes to a match now, survivors may as well be bots these to days. I only concern myself with the score. The bloodpoints are all that matters to me now.

Pretty amusing over all.

• HazeHound
    HazeHound Member Posts: 814

You can always just leave, noone forces you to use after game chat.

• SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273

Someone tea bagged him. You expect him not to be upset? Sure, you didn’t do it, but someone did. Instead of sitting there arguing with him you should have tried to be nice and say something like “I’m sorry someone tea bagged you. It wasn’t me, but whoever did it is an #########. We’re not all like that. I apologize for my teammates behavior.”

I’ve said that and the Killer immediately apologized for what he said. He was angry cause on of my friends is actually an ######### and tea bagged. I ripped my friend a new one for being an ######### and talked to the Killer.

Don’t pretend this is about not getting a 4K. He’s mad because someone on your team was being an ######### to him. Please don’t fight toxicity with toxicity. It only breeds more hatred.

• Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835

Damm you sound just like the killer I had. Its always survivors fault no matter what.

Me playing with my buddy, not using insta meds or anything that hinders killer enjoyment is considered toxic.

• Onionthing
    Onionthing Member Posts: 469
    edited July 2019

You do you FAM, don't even worry about what I said, cause I am never going to worry about what you say (in game.) Remember Killers are just toxic garbage anyway right?

• ItzSoulz
    ItzSoulz Member Posts: 368

thats dbd today.