Why people say nerf nurse ?

Options
I am playing on console and i am rank 9.When i see nurse i always win she get only 1 kill or 0.Why people always say nurse needs a nerf?

Comments

• Kuris
    Kuris Member Posts: 191
    edited July 2018
    Options

@ConsoleNurse said:
    I am playing on console and i am rank 9.When i see nurse i always win she get only 1 kill or 0.Why people always say nurse needs a nerf?

Because they are not yet good with the nurse

/thread

• ConsoleNurse
    ConsoleNurse Member Posts: 170
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I always escape when i see nurse and i am not rank 20 why she needs nerf
  • Kuris
    Options

@ConsoleNurse said:
    I always escape when i see nurse and i am not rank 20 

its funny how your reply in no way changes what I said

• ConsoleNurse
    ConsoleNurse Member Posts: 170
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Sorry i misunderstand you but i am talking about rank 7.This is not low ranks and i rarely see nurse
  • popoles
    popoles Member Posts: 831
    edited July 2018
    Options
    The Nurse population greatly differs between platforms.
    On console, it's harder to play her, though there are some determined players (like me :blush: or @SovererignKing ), who still play her. Yes, you can still be very good with her, but it's way harder.
    On PC, they have everything (as @Runiver mentioned). They can turn quickly and they can have 60+ FPS. This benefits her a lot.
    This is why the higher ranks are different on both platforms.
    TL;DR:
    Nobody wants to play her on console, because she is twice as hard to learn (and not very rewarding, may I add).
  • ThePloopz
    ThePloopz Member Posts: 1,010
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Play against a good one on pc 
  • SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    Options
    popoles said:
    On console, it's harder to play her, though there are some determined players (like me :blush: or @SovererignKing ), who still play her. Yes, you can still be very good with her, but it's way harder.
    On PC, they have everything (as @Runiver mentioned). They can turn quickly and they can have 60+ FPS. This benefits her a lot.
    TL;DR:
    Nobody wants to play her on console, because she is twice as hard to learn (and not very rewarding, may I add).
    Exactly. Though I will argue she’s rewarding, however the stress level to play her is through the roof. After about 5 matches, I need to take a break for 20 minutes. I strain my muscles being tense the whole match. However the 4 man SWF bully squads thinking they are hot #########, all hitting the floor in 3 minutes is extremely satisfactory. 
  • SovererignKing
    edited July 2018
    Options
    RemoveSWF said:

Everybody plays Nurse in tournaments. Nobody even plays Billy anymore. She's so OP that it isn't funny.

Killers should overall be buffed but Nurse needs to have only one blink. Good players will still be able to use her but the scrubs who use her just because she's OP will have to adapt.

Right... because you can’t Loop her. Simply because you have to play fake out mind games with Pallets and Windows instead of using them the old fashioned “I vault, I drop Pallet, I’m safe.” 

Its simply Survivors that refuse to adapt to anything else, other than playing the same way they always play against every other Killer. 
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

Survivors want the Nurse nerfed because, like SovereignKing and RSB said, she's the only Killer who can actually compete with Survivors. That makes her a threat, and anything that's a threat to Survivors makes them cry for nerfs.

• Kuris
    Options

@Orion said:
    Survivors want the Nurse nerfed because, like SovereignKing and RSB said, she's the only Killer who can actually compete with Survivors. That makes her a threat, and anything that's a threat to Survivors makes them cry for nerfs.

kind of ironic that theyre meant to be surviving, so its meant to be a challenge :/

• popoles
    popoles Member Posts: 831
    edited July 2018
    Options
    RSB said:

@RemoveSWF said:
    Everybody plays Nurse in tournaments. Nobody even plays Billy anymore. She's so OP that it isn't funny.

Killers should overall be buffed but Nurse needs to have only one blink. Good players will still be able to use her but the scrubs who use her just because she's OP will have to adapt.

Wrong, they use her, because she is the only killer that can compete with good survivors.

Also one blink? Sure, let's make her 0 blink, she would be balanced then.

Right! 0 blinks and keep the movement speed. Also disable the Bloodlust on her. And if she somehow manages to hit somebody, a 10 seconds long fatigue will kick in.
  • RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258
    Options

@popoles said:
    RSB said:

@RemoveSWF said:

Wrong, they use her, because she is the only killer that can compete with good survivors.

Right! 0 blinks and keep the movement speed. Also disable the Bloodlust on her. And if she somehow manages to hit somebody, a 10 seconds long fatigue will kick in.

I bet they would still ######### about her.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options
    RSB said:

@popoles said:
    RSB said:

@RemoveSWF said:

I'm playing Freddy on rank 2. Survivors complain about everything I do to win. They complain about FREDDY!
  • BOSS242
    BOSS242 Member Posts: 171
    Options
    It's easy they should just dodge lobby like the killer does when things look too hard for them! 

See the nurse? Dodge the lobby! It's that simple!! That way they never have to even be challenged by the game and they can spend more time talking about how the other side just needs to stop being entitled cry babys! 

I mean, survivors, gee's I'm I right or what? :) 
  • RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258
    Options

@Tsulan said:
    RSB said:

@popoles said:

RSB said:

@RemoveSWF said:

I'm playing Freddy on rank 2. Survivors complain about everything I do to win. They complain about FREDDY!

Everytime I play Freddy the call me a camper. I mean, really? Freddy can't even ######### camp.

• Nick
    Nick Member Posts: 1,201
    Options

Nurse is better on PC than she is on Console, because you cant 180 that easily on console because youre using a controller.
    But nurse doesnt need a nerf. Imo the nurse should have 2 blinks max, because it should be a skilled killer. Everyone can use a nurse with 5 blinks, it's very strong. At high ranks many people dominate with the nurse, only using 2 blinks. They are very skilled and the nurse should stay as the best killer in the game.

• P3Myers
    P3Myers Member Posts: 58
    Options

@SovererignKing said:
    popoles said:

TL;DR:

Exactly. Though I will argue she’s rewarding, however the stress level to play her is through the roof. After about 5 matches, I need to take a break for 20 minutes. I strain my muscles being tense the whole match. However the 4 man SWF bully squads thinking they are hot #########, all hitting the floor in 3 minutes is extremely satisfactory. 

i played against you on haddonfield. you used a bps on nurse.

• RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436
    edited July 2018
    Options

@Runiver said:
    Because you play on console, where people do get like, 10 FPS after a blink as Nurse.
    It's very different on a nurse playing with proper performance and control, wiht mouse and keyboard.
    They just are 80% of the rounds at high ranks, and they are 100% of the killer population in pc tournaments.

I've played both PC and Console and can confirm that due to PC's performance, there is atleast a 10% addition to her skill cap. On console, unless you practice intensely, will be harder than it is on PC, and not as effective either.

it's (sort of, if you're experienced enough) easy to learn counters to a Nurse, and quite frankly the only, is to move as unpredictable as possible. You gotta be three steps ahead of a Nurse because they're already two steps ahead of you. That's what I've learned. The best way to throw off a Nurse is a fake out, then continue to perform what you had just faked out such as faking a window vault, then vault once you've made the fake out and she's fallen for it. Again though, a good Nurse will be not one, but two steps ahead of you. It's good to be three. It's almost a contest of who can predict who first.

The only problem is a Rank 1 Lvl 50-III Nurse with Four Blinks. It's basically screaming "I messed up but I have 3 more to ensure the hit"

Edit: The Nurse stands beautifully where she's at though. It's where I wish every Killer was at. A Major threat in chases, map pressure, and distance, but very weak towards stealth. A good survivor will disappear after the fatigue.

• Joekillu
    Joekillu Member Posts: 164
    Options
    I'm a nurse main in console. However I played her on PC console seems soooo much harder.
  • SovererignKing
    Options
    P3Myers said:

@SovererignKing said:
    popoles said:

TL;DR:

i played against you on haddonfield. you used a bps on nurse.

We’re you the Dwight that tea bagged me at the exit gate? Haddonfield is an atrocious map for Nurse, there are “Dead Zones” all over the damn place you can’t blink. Specifically the houses are bad for it. 
  • ShrimpTwiggs
    ShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181
    edited July 2018
    Options

It's because she's the only killer that's consistently good. They forget about all the effort it takes to master her and want her nerfed. I find it very ironic, that most killers have to rely on the survivors messing up to have a good chance and when killers ask for buffs they get crud like "you just want an easy 4k", but when the coin is flipped and a killer has all the control they cry for nerfs.

EDIT: She doesn't need a nerf. She's the only killer that can be mastered to the point where they can control the flow of a game.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    edited July 2018
    Options
    popoles said:
    TL;DR:
    Thus why I play Huntress lol. I tried nurse she's too laggy atm :(

Edit: @popoles I really respect how much effort you put into a killer who has FPS problems lol
  • Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,251
    Options
    Nurse is kind of like survivor pallet looping. Against a really good nurse you just lose, there’s nothing you can do. Kind of like pallet looping, there is no counter. The difference here being that nurse requires a lot of skills while pallet looping does not. 
  • TruEternity
    TruEternity Member Posts: 320
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Nurse does need a nerf, she’s the killer equivalent of SB-SC-DS survivor. Anyone saying she is fine loves their killer crutches just as much as survivors love their own. I would personally like to see her blink range cut of half. 

As for not not seeing her much 1.Rank 9 is not where nurses are loaded, all killers are still easy to get 4k’s there 2.Console, poor performance and controls make her harder to use.
  • SovererignKing
    Options
    Nurse does need a nerf, she’s the killer equivalent of SB-SC-DS survivor. Anyone saying she is fine loves their killer crutches just as much as survivors love their own. I would personally like to see her blink range cut of half. 

As for not not seeing her much 1.Rank 9 is not where nurses are loaded, all killers are still easy to get 4k’s there 2.Console, poor performance and controls make her harder to use.
    If they nerf her again, they might as well just delete her from the game. There would be no incentive to master a difficult to control Killer over any other Killer in the roster. You don’t put a ######### ton more work and effort into a Killer that’s harder to use just to achieve the same results in power. 
  • TruEternity
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Can we knock off this bs notion nurse has a stupid high skill floor. I’m an average at best nurse and can easily kill 3 a game at rank 1. I haven’t put a ton of time into her, maybe 20ish hours at most. 3 blinks or fast 2 blinks is just way to easy. She will always counter windows and pallets, which will keep her viable. 

Billy is more of where most killers should be at, good map pressure and chase potential but still counterable. Against a Nurse all you can do is hope she’s bad.
  • Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604
    Options

Cuz shes the only viable Killer against SWF and competent survivors
    other killers = get looped to death and she counters looping

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@ConsoleNurse said:

Because nurse is actually quite decent if you play her with a mouse and acceptable FPS. The main reason however is that survivors just want to loop the nurse like any other killer and that always goes wrong, they prefer crying about it to the devs in order to get the killer nerfed instead of adapting their playstyle

• Master
    Options

@SovererignKing said:
    TruEternity said:

If they nerf her again, they might as well just delete her from the game. There would be no incentive to master a difficult to control Killer over any other Killer in the roster. You don’t put a ######### ton more work and effort into a Killer that’s harder to use just to achieve the same results in power. 

Nerfing the strongest (only viable killer high rank) killer would be a pretty solid sign that devs ultimately cater towrads survivors, I guess lots of killers would quit if that ever happens, even if they dont even play nurse

• Master
    Options

@TruEternity said:

If all the survivor crutches are removed and looping is fixed, then of course nurse needs a nerf. But lets face it, its not gonna happen :wink:

• TruEternity
    Options
    Master said:

@TruEternity said:

If all the survivor crutches are removed and looping is fixed, then of course nurse needs a nerf. But lets face it, its not gonna happen :wink:

I agree, most likely we’ll just get another perk that attempts to bandaid some problem with balance, and have it called good.