survivor perk idea: ability to see scratch marks

Just throwing this out there. I'm sure it's probably come up in discussions before. And I'm not even sure if this is something I would want, but I'm just curious:

Has there been serious consideration given to putting a perk in the game that allows a survivor to see scratch marks just as killers do? Would this be overpowered/underpowered? What would the ripple effects be?

Comments

• Thatbrownmonster
    Thatbrownmonster Member Posts: 1,640

Maybe if it had something extra with it, but would probably be annoying if you could see other survivor scratch marks,maybe something like dead hard that you can make fake scratch marks in the directions your facing

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

What would be the point? If it's for finding other survivors, Bond would be way better, if it's for stealth purposes just count to 7 (or 10 if you want to be more sure) since you stopped running.

• HeyItsSolomon
    HeyItsSolomon Member Posts: 16

Hm... yeah, maybe you're right. I guess the only use case I had in mind is super narrow--I feel like I've kind of run face first into the killer a lot, and felt like it was probably because I unknowingly crossed paths with a trail of scratch marks that I didn't make. Perhaps I was hoping for others to come up with ways to break the game using this ability too. :)

• MacTusk
    MacTusk Member Posts: 7

You could add some benefit to this perk and then it would be good.
    nice idea anyways

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

I think it's a really cool idea. I've often wished I could see scratch marks as a survivor. Perhaps to differenciate, your scratch marks could appear a different colour to other survivors'?

On the other hand, it would be something of a disadvantage for the killer, since the ability to see scratch marks is one of their main tracking mechanics. It's the tradeoff you get for sprinting as a survivor, that the killer might be able to track you. Not knowing exactly where or for how long you're leaving a trail is part of the risk. All I'm saying is it might be overpowered. Unless it's somehow less powerful than the killer's ability? Like maybe you don't see the marks as long as the killer does, or they're not as bright.