Why do 4K no pip’s exist?

Playing ghost face at rank 5 and because of 1 DC and his 1 hit down, I can’t pip. Like how does winning the game without facecamping=no reward...?

Answers

• MommyDeRose
    MommyDeRose Member Posts: 74

Oh I’m aware as to why the current game did this to me but like I just don’t understand why BHVR has this in the game... like how is that fair lol

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

It's not fair in any way. Just ignore rank, unless you're going for the R1 achievement.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

The answer to "Why" is actually pretty simple. They're looking to make the most fun experience for survivors as they possibly can, because they're the majority. That's why you need to follow the Rules™ (which coincidentally makes games more fun for the survivors) in order to get pips.

Thankfully.. if you're just playing for BP, you can just play however you want.

• banmeimmean
    banmeimmean Member Posts: 4

Why -1 pio when the killer DCs? More survivor fun?

• MommyDeRose
    MommyDeRose Member Posts: 74
  • JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

If you kill everyone too easily the Entity thinks you were against trash survivors and not worthy of progress towards the next level.

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

Consider it community service. You de-pipped 4 survivors who did not deserve their rank (assuming everyone was playing around the same rank).

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

honestly, they should really add the following extra rules to the pipping system:

3 kills = no depip (you completed the trial and did well, you do not deserve to be punished with this result)

4 kills = 1 pip at least (you comepleted the trial and dominated the survivors. you killed every single one of them, you obviously won)

survived = no depip (you completed the trial and won. your performance will decide weather you deserve a pip or not, but you completed your task and escaped, therefore you shouldnt be punished)

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

You can escape without piping also.

• tehshadowman33
    tehshadowman33 Member Posts: 939

4k and depip shouldn't even be possible. Yet, it exists.