Difference of graphics

Hi, this is quite honestly just a silly question, but I stumbled some weeks ago on a YouTube channel (Skemooo) that makes videos to show the models for upcoming ingame cosmetics.

Thing is, I'm running on Ultra settings 60fps, and I don't understand the downgrade there is between the models of the videos, that are clearly awesome in every way, amazingly detailed and thought and made and all, and then the models in game that seem much more bleak, with a clearly lowered level of details... Maybe it's just because the lighting in the videos is perfectly made for a showcase while ingame it's not made in that perspective, but that seems quite easy to me to say that the lighting does it all...

Is there any other explanation ? I would just want to understand this. Thanks for the answers!

Comments

• invira_zero
    invira_zero Member Posts: 229

In Skeemo vids, he usualy make a pre-render scene, with realistic lights and etc.

Render of those scenes takes usualy 1+ hour at least. But i am, as GTX650ti pleb, cant even wish about those graphics, tbh. And yeah, usualy models themself are well processed, but ingame, the most of their features stay-s unused.

• BreadLord
    BreadLord Member Posts: 274

if we had those models in game, it will not run smooth, people with low end PCs would not be able to play, devs said it themselves

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,554

Behaviour would have to heavily optimize the game before the graphics could be touched. We've had minor lighting updates and fog updates, and we could potentially get more if they could squeeze more frames to get it.