I learned the Nurse. No, she's not that difficult. Yes, she is op.

Options
oke
oke Member Posts: 102

I am not a Nurse main, as I only played her for less than 50 hours in my 2000 hours total. I enjoy playing both Killer and Survivor on a regular basis, and I tried to learn the Nurse in order to be able to have a more educated opinion on the "Nurse is op" discussion.

After learning the basics, I tried to get from Rank 16 to Rank 1 as fast as possible as an experiment. I made 1.4 pips per game on average, only losing a pip once to me playing very poorly on Lery's, which was also the only match where any Survivors exited through the gates. I think that it is absolutely ridiculous how many errors you can afford to make as the Nurse and still get a 4k easily, even without Ruin. I am glad that the Devs have decided to nerf her (and especially Add-ons like the omegablink combo), since every nerf helps.

Winning with so much ease is honestly just boring, after this little experiment I am going back to playing Wraith and Trapper, because I like to have a challenge. A win with a mid- to low-tier killer is simply so much more satisfying. :)

This is my little video showing what ridiculous plays you can pull off with the Nurse, if you just put a small amount of time into learning her, like I did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBVjc5patI4

Comments

• oke
    Options

I am just proving that Omegablink is beyond OP and that it DEFINITELY needs a nerf.

Btw, just to clarify - the footage is from last season, where I played in ranks 1-2 mainly. I didn't even use Omegablink on my rank 16 to 1 run, because I thought it would be too easy. I wasn't able to record my run, because OBS randomly caused my PC to freeze for a few seconds, which would lag out all the survivors.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,003
    Options

Nurse does not need a nerf, hell, lockers exist and people think they don't matter and omega blink nurse's counter is literally lockers, more blinks longer exhaustion, but her addons are being changed, in which angered me when I was told about it

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230
    Options

Didn't you get the memo that pretty much everyone agrees that her ADD-ONS are what make her problematic? Very few people are defending the Omegablink.

• Hoodied
    Options

Just gonna mention that I don't main Nurse, I hate it when people think I main her because I defend her, but I say its fine because Lockers are her strongest counter to it, if you remember the old tactic people did when pallet vacuum existed, people would stun others from the same side of the pallet, this counters her as well now even though it does not exist anymore, but it will push her to the other side of the pallet if done right and cause her to deal with using a long blink and multiple short blinks to even get a hold of you, also dead hard exists but if I am correct it is bugged still unless the hotpatch said it but it only works the first time

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options
  • Hoodied
    Options

Oh shiet, I didn't watch the video because some videos on forums sorta disturb me sometimes, that also can mess them up sometimes when needing to use muscle memory for her original blinks

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

That's like proving that gravity makes objects fall downward. Everyone already knows that.

• GrootDude
    Options

In my experience as a bad nurse, omega blink makes a bad nurse good. I use to play omega blink every game because it isn’t hard to get them. I was able to win most games even though I’m a mediocre nurse at best.

• Marcus
    Marcus Member Posts: 2,047
    Options

Yeah, you proved that Omega Blink is OP ( and everyone knows that already ), but you didn't prove Nurse herself to be OP.

• Hoodied
    Options

I don't run it because it makes me feel like scum, so I mostly run common add-ons

• GrootDude
    Options

I started not using add ons because I wanted to learn her base but now I just play Wraith.

• GrootDude
    Options

Actually yes. You’re able to apply pressure much easier and blink farther to survivors for easy hits.

• Exerlin
    Exerlin Member Posts: 1,352
    Options

Not only does it extend your blink range, but it also doesn't effect the charge time at all. So if by default you would go 10m with a 1 second charge, and this addon extended your blink range by 20%, you would now go 12m with a 1 second charge. That's why it's busted.

• GrootDude
    Options

Why predict when I can blink to a corner and (if you’re at the corner) hit you or blink to you?

• Jago
    Jago Member Posts: 1,742
    Options

Nice Omegablink bro. Where s your ebony mori ?

• oke
    Options

I would be glad if everyone agreed on omegablink being overpowered, but sadly if you just browse the forums a little bit, there are still a lot of people who think that everyone who calls for any Nurse nerf is a survivor main crybaby.

The purpose of the video is purely to show what ridiculous plays you can pull off with the Nurse, and especially with an omegablink Nurse. I just had fewer "montage-worthy" clips with a base kit Nurse, it mostly is the same, but the blinks are shorter, and in my opinion, less enjoyable to watch.

Regarding comments saying I played against bad survivors who run in a straight line - well, they didn't always run in a straight line, as is to be expected on high ranks, but I just found the clips of me blinking to the corner and hitting the survivor that was trying to double back to be less satisfying to watch.

• Omans
    Omans Member Posts: 1,081
    Options

There are a LOT of nurse mains and low rank people who post on this forum. Don't let their echo chamber discourage posts like this.

A lot of the nurse players aren't very skilled with nurse and have deluded themselves into thinking a game against an actual good nurse is a fair game.

It's not too surprising, really. Many players think they are better than they really are. So when the actual good players tell them what is balanced and what is over powered, they lash out. If I struggled to get kills as nurse when people were constantly telling me how she needs nerfs, I would probably try to keep my favorite killer from being nerfed too by posting nonsense on the forums like "just use stealth!" or "survivors just don't know how to play against nurse" or "survivors are stubborn and just want to loop nurse!".

Good players know how to play against nurse. They do everything that is possible. It just doesn't matter against a good nurse.

She needs counterplay that isn't 'hope the nurse isn't good.'

• Hoodied
    Options

Wait, hang on I forgot to mention the title, The Nurse is the most complicated killer to learn in the game imo because her blinks are muscle memory, if you do not run range add-ons, you learn her quicker, run them and you will sometimes have to learn her again

• Hoodied
    Options

And people stating she "breaks the game" always shows that they can't learn her counters

:D

Believe me if a locker is one of her weaknesses thats a bit sad

• GrootDude
    Options
  • Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,667
    edited July 2019
    Options

I wish I could pip every game when my scoring is that low, especially in the game with 2 DCs :(

• Hoodied
    Options

@GrootDude Sometimes you need to learn when she becomes exhausted or if she is a nurse who hits a locker after blinking and before exhaust (For some reason) and you can get decently far and your teammates can get further on a gen before you go down than if you risk the nurse whiffing, and some rank 1 nurse's rarely miss unless they were carried with certain perks

• GrootDude
    Options

Lockers have never “countered” me as nurse and it hasn’t worked on nurse I face because once she fatigues you can jump out and still not go far. I can get a lot of R2 hits because people think this counters her.

• Hoodied
    Options

@GrootDude Because they are not going into the locker right, since this post is about nurse everyone should know each blink increases the exhaust time, and a whiff/hit also increases the time as well, if you make a nurse blink to her limit and possibly make her swing, that is when you enter a locker or if she did less wait a lil bit until she is about to hit fatigue and try to go for a vault, I am using shack here.

• GrootDude
    Options

The shack would work to an extent but most other lockers won’t save you. The fatigue isn’t very long so you can typically get them again easily.

• Hoodied
    Options

@GrootDude I think the highest fatigue is around 4.7 seconds, correct me if I am wrong, but some other maps have multiple spots with vaults close to lockers like dwights haven, or the maps with 5 lockers all together

• GrootDude
    Options

I’m talking more about two blinks on most maps I see people don’t have time to make it to windows.

• Hoodied
    Options

Oh, I thought it was about multiple blinks sorry

Uhh, that I do not remember is its fatigue time at max but less blinks is usual better for nurse, in which you got me there

• StarMoral
    StarMoral Member Posts: 938
    Options

This post just proves that it is not Nurse herself that needs changed, but rather her add-ons, as well as the ranking system, cause... Damn.

• StarMoral
    StarMoral Member Posts: 938
    Options

I may be wrong, but it seems like the comments of the video are acting up.

There was 7 comments and none of them loaded up, so I refreshed the video...

...then noticed there were 2 comments.

• Marcus
    Options

The only map with so many locckers I can think of right now is Temple of Purgation.

Plus, just extra blinks increase your fatigue, your fatigue time with 1 blink is 2 seconds and with 2 is 2,5 seconds.

• Hoodied
    Options

@Marcus Red forest

• Marcus
    Options
  • Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130
    Options

Someone is really salty they couldn't loop a good nurse.

Sorry bro, every killer can be OP against potatoes. Video is an outlier and should be dismissed.

We've had plenty of Tru videos posted showing him juking P3 nurses that proves she is not OP.

• oke
    Options

Honestly, if you still bring up examples of Nurses getting juked as an argument for her not being OP, I can't help you. Let me just say that good Nurses don't get juked. I personally get juked plenty of times, but even 2, 3 even 4 jukes is not enough to buy time for gens.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,424
    Options

add ons or no add ons, I think as long as latency issues exists, so will the bs that she can pretty much swing and hit in places she normally wouldn’t.

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676
    Options

"and we are taking into account the highest potential of a killer and level of play while balancing the game"

I wish, if that was the case all other killers would get incredible buffs to keep up with full SWF pro teams since that is the peak of survivor side. But only nerf SWF ever got was the endgame screen lock if I remeber correctly.

Pity since even if facing them is decently rare it's no excuse to break normal balance of DBD so much and render your chances of winning so much lower.

• Kerbert
    Kerbert Member Posts: 415
    Options

Let's say they do nerf Nurse. If they did they'd be catering to only one of their 3 (soon to be 5) player bases. They'd be ignoring the people on PS4, Xbox, Switch, and Mobile. And the fact is that on those platforms Nurse is severely hindered. I myself play on PS4, I've made it to Red Ranks multiple times. How many good Nurse's have I found? One, and she DC'd during the middle of the match. Nerfing the Nurse to please PC survivors would be sending her to the depths, never to be seen nor heard of again on the rest of the platforms.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130
    Options

The survivors in your video all stood still and ran in a perfectly straight line. LMAO

I am very serious... nurse is just a unique killer that requires a different playstyle.

Seriously...there's been multiple nurses of him juking. In most cases, the other survivors always went down instantly.

If everyone works together and jukes well and extends the chase as much as possible while others do gens, then the nurse might lose.

• purplerain
    purplerain Member Posts: 92
    Options

im a ghostface wraith hag player and i agree she need be gutted , all killers should be balanced around hag . she has many strenghts , and few counters . all killers below her need buff and nurse and spirit need nerf

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676
    Options

And genrushing is only as strong as is coordination of your teammates hence why is SWF so strong. No matter how you look at it SWF give you incredible amount of information for which you would need many perks normally and ensures you play with good players each match so you won't encounter someone going down if first minute or other dumb mistakes like in solo games.

Also you seem to forget how devs operate. If we ever get second objective (unlike totems) it will surely come with decent amount of survivor buffs to account for their side beiing weakened. Whenever generator times were increased hook times were as well so that camping doesn't get out of hand. I'm not saying that was a bad change rather that devs won't probably give killer more time unconditionally so in the end second objective might not change anything.

You can claim that SWF is fine all you want, you're entiteled to your own opinion but it is a problem. It has literally no down sides and a lot of very significant up sides. It needs to be adressed if we are ever supposed to have balanced game. Either by making all killers balanced around it or by nerfing it.