We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Is The New Decisive Strike OverPowered?

2»

Comments

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

So if I run across the map and hear or see you jump into a locker after being unhooked, I should just let you be and ignore the free hook? That’s not tunneling. That’s just you expecting to not be punished for making a mistake.

• theArashi
    theArashi Member Posts: 998

Overpowered ? I don't know but I think doing some actions should automatically nullify it.

Things like unhooking people or jumping in the locker that removes counterplay from killer side.

• Cardgrey
    Cardgrey Member Posts: 1,454

As a wraith main and as someone who has to work for his kills and map pressure.

I feel currently ds is ok.

Unsafe unhooks on the otherhand...

Needs a survivor punishment for farming people

• CoffengMin
    CoffengMin Member Posts: 862

actually i use head on with Q&Q so that wont happen, however you should see trough that and just wait if ds bother you

• CoffengMin
    CoffengMin Member Posts: 862
    edited August 2019

tunneling is never good at any point imo its a bit more justified in endgame but still, you shouldnt do it if ds bothers you, just camp instead and hook the unhooker

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

Yeah, I use it on my Nurse sometimes because survivors try to bait me into picking them up - knowing they are safe.

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

There have been a few times when D-Strike has ruined a game for me personally. The Exit was open and no one was dead, the team got their buddy off the hook and I of course tunneled him/her I don't remember and bam, D-Strike. Everyone got out because of that and it was a good play because I forgot about DS tbh.

D-Strike can be a weapon just like Head-On but with DS you have to fall for it. If someone jumps into a locker after getting unhooked then they are either faking they have DS or they have it. I will personally take the DS if it is not the Endgame, I will take it so I don't need to deal with it later and I think that's the right choice depending on how the match is going so far.

But overall I think D-Strike is only powerful in the Endgame and if you have good runners and they use it to screw you over but that can only happen if you as the Killer will fall for their play.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,703

And the unhooked is in turn unhooked by the impervious DS user.

@_@

• Jdsgames
    Jdsgames Member Posts: 1,109

From my perspective: As a killer:

General Purpose - Being an Anti-Tunnel perk: No, it does not do its job if I can just slug you on the ground until the minute is up. This gave you no chance to get away from the hook which is indeed tunneling. Just in a different way.

Misuse: Yes, very many ways this is getting abused. Unhooking someone with DS active doesn't nullify your ds so since the killer opted not to tunnel they get hit with DS anyway. The locker jump in so it forces a grab animation so you get the DS immunity. Staying on gen making plays you wouldn't make otherwise since you have your glowing minute immunity.

Personally if you are downed within that minute or picked up in an animation within that minute it should count. However, if the killer has hooked another survivor prior to you being downed it should be nullified. Reward skillful and fair plays. Again with how it is misused you might as well just eat it.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

Can we just stop already? DS got nerfed hard and is fine now. We whine about everything survivors get. Heck, one post in here is whining about Balanced Landing?!?!

DS does absolutely nothing if you don't tunnel. If you slug when tunneling, you risk pressure, but tunneling loses pressure anyways. End game DS is so minuscule it barely warrants mentioning. I've been hit by 2 DS since the nerf and I run more than 20 killer matches a week. One of them was at open gates. No biggie, next match please.

I swear half of you want to start the match with everyone in injured state and death timers running.

• Star99er
    Star99er Member Posts: 1,453

Definitely not overpowered

• Gardenia
    Gardenia Member Posts: 1,143

I think the annoying part to be honest is the ability for Survivors to just force a grab fr you to use it.

Hiding in lockers intentionally, just to ensure using it, that's really annoying.