The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Dreamworld and FPS issues

Mochan
Mochan Member Posts: 2,886
edited August 2019 in General Discussions

The new Dreamworld absolutely kills my framerates!!!!

Please remove all that junk you added and revert back to the old Dreamworld, I never had frame rate issues with the old Dreamworld.

I end up waking everytime in the Dreamworld... because the frame rates are so bad my skill checks skip like an eight of the circle every tick.

Thanks

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• Horus
    Horus Member Posts: 850

New dream world is cleaner than the old one

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886

I fought two Freddy's today, first time I fought him since the patch.

My framerates took a massive dip on both matches. One was in Coldwind, normally a good framerate map. The other was in Ormond, already a bad map, was practically unplayable when in Dream World.

I'm surprised I'm the only person having this problem. I don't know what they did but it definitely got significantly worse for me.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    edited August 2019

Can we just get rid of the dream world vision in general? It's so annoying and actually completely and utterly pointless :D

I get it, it's to add atmosphere and so you know your in the dream world whatever. It's annoying, playing Freddy or playing survivor. Figure out a different way.

Did not enjoy it when Freddy first showed up, and still don't enjoy it now.

• elveda_demedim
    elveda_demedim Member Posts: 22

I know fps in this game sucks idk why and i can run triple a games like re2 on 60 fps with balanced preset

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

Well, that effect is for the lore reasons, since in the original movie it was all foggy there.

• ThanksgivingTitty
    ThanksgivingTitty Member Posts: 26
    edited August 2019

Agreed 100%

The graphics shift really does nothing except "look different" Every piece of it causes the framerate to drop drastically.

Sadly I spend more time just running to the stupid clock across the map to wake myself up so I do not have to deal with it.....

It is a mechanic I think they wanted to do to "be cool" but it really does nothing aside from look like monkey dookie, and cause the frame rate to turn into my 98 year old grandma running the 40.