Hopeful for Candyman and got some ideas

Options
OldManGloom
OldManGloom Member Posts: 51

I would love to see Candyman as the next licensed Killer. It seems like a solid choice with the impending reboot. I forget who the new actor will be, but it'd be cool to have not only their skin but also Tony Todd (with the Robert Englund Krueger skin coming soon it just seems plausible). Heck, a "Ruins of Cabrini Green" map would be dope. How cool would it be to step through the graffiti wall with Candyman's howling mouth and have a little Generator Room in there? And to get both Todd and the new dude to do voice lines for the killer? Having that Phillip Glass theme? Dudes. DUDES. dudes.

I keep tooling around with ideas for perks/powers. I'm not a designer so I dunno how feasible they'd be, but here they are:

Power: The Swarm

Burst into a swarm of bees. While in swarm you can move through windows/knocked down pallets unencumbered (a dropped pallet stuns the swarm though, just like when dropped on a killer in a regular chase). However, there is a delay in "reforming" from the swarm (like a reversal of charging up Spirit's power). Add ons would affect the reformation time and add... I dunno, other stuff.

Perk Ideas

Sweets to the Sweet

While within 20% of the origin point of the killer's terror radius, Survivors suffer a hypnotic, lulling effect in the killer's presence. This works as a slow effect of 15/20/25% to all action speeds and movement speed for survivor is slowed 3/4/5%.

Be My Victim

For every survivor that is hooked for the first time during the trial, gain a cumulative Haste effect of 3% per survivor hooked and their auras revealed for 3/4/5 seconds

Groin to Gullet

Obsession Perk: Activates on a Survivor who unhooks a hooked Survivor. For 30/40/60 seconds, any marks/blood pools left by the rescuer are intensified and ringed in honey gold (*cough* for my colorblind ass *cough*). While in a chase for this duration, both Killer and Survivor receive a 10/15/25% overall BP bonus (or just to Hunting/Boldness, you get it). Obsession naturally rotates to whomever just made the most recent rescue.

Lemme know what you think, I'm open to criticism and work shopping. I mean I have no expectations but it's a fun mental playground.

Comments

• thisdude9001
    thisdude9001 Member Posts: 96
    edited August 2019
    Options

Power sounds like a diet Nurse

Sweets to the Sweet: this is neat other then the movement speed debuff. Survivors often already have issues escaping no need to make it harder when the killer is on your tail.

Be my Victim: phrasing might be a little off here. So you go 3/6/9/12% faster and the survivor you hanged aura is revealed?

Groin to gullet:why is it 40 to 60? other wise I guess its fine.

I would love to see candyman get into the game. And the ideas behind these perks seem pretty legit.

• Atrushan88
    Atrushan88 Member Posts: 2,084
    edited August 2019
    Options

Remakes are stupid. If I want Candyman, he has to be OG Candyman. They'll probably butcher the whole story and make Candyman someone who was killed in 2019 by the cops and force a bunch of agenda driven crap into it, since that's the popular way to go nowadays.

And if they ever find a way to bring Chucky into the game, it better damn well be Charles Lee Ray, and not some lifeless animatronic doll.

• OldManGloom
    OldManGloom Member Posts: 51
    Options

Thanks for responding

Think of the power as closer to diet Spirit, just no collision for pallets in their down states or vault points

For the Be My Victim aura reveal, it would reveal the aura of the rescuing survivor (I see how that was unclear, thanks)

Groin to Gullet time scaling isn't set in stone, I just like the idea of a perk for chases that provides bonus BP to both parties involved. Hopefully it'd encourage good chases within what I think would be a 60 second window at the maximum