Do I have to buy all DLC's again when I switch from console to PC?

Options

Hi. I've been playing DbD on the console since release (Xbox). Yesterday I noticed how much better the PC version actually is. So far I have bought all DLC's that have appeared for the console. Now if I switched to the PC, would I have to buy all the DLC's again? I hope not.

Comments

• deathdoer1
    deathdoer1 Member Posts: 87
    Options

Yes sadly, which is why I personally haven't made the switch.

• PalletOrWhat
    PalletOrWhat Member Posts: 265
    Options

I paid 53€ for DLC's (+ 20€ Game) untill now. Never gonna pay so much money again. I don't understand why this shouldn't work.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Options

Because those are 2 systems? If you know a game where you can switch like that anywhen you want tell me

• RuneStarr
    RuneStarr Member Posts: 850
    Options
    Yep. Also need to actually purchase hag/doctor chapters since they were included in the console releases. Also bloodstained sack/80s suitcase cosmetic DLCs if you liked having them. 
    Not saying don't make the switch, just a heads up on what could be unexpected purchases when switching.
  • Outland
    Outland Member Posts: 535
    Options

Fortunately the dlc's go on sale quite often. So if you are not in a big hurry to get all the dlc's you can get them when they cost less.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    Options
    The reason it doesn't switch over is because you're changing platforms you don't really get compensated because you bought something on a different system it's not like I can switch from Xbox to PlayStation and expect them to hand me all the DLC because I bought it on Xbox.
  • Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    Options

I paid 53€ for DLC's (+ 20€ Game) untill now. Never gonna pay so much money again. I don't understand why this shouldn't work.

Because it would be a terrible business practice if you switch from one system to another it doesn't matter if it's Xbox, PlayStation or PC you shouldn't be compensated for what you bought on the other system.

I'm not gonna lie thinking you should be is kind of incredibly entitled.