Perk vs campers+reflections

PERK VS CAMPERS

I would like to see a perk for survivors which reserve points for camping for example

If killer stays in some kind of distance to hooked person, he loses some amount of points from all categories over and over for each second he is in this distance, for example:

1 lvl - killer lose 100 points from all categories each second, when he is closer to hooked person than 18 meters

2 lvl - killer lose 150 points from all categories each second, when he is closer to hooked person than 18 meters

3 lvl - killer lose 200 points from all categories each second, when he is closer to hooked person than 18 meters

REFLECTIONS

AT THE BEGINNING I WOULD LIKE TO ADMIT THAT:

CAMPING =/= TACTIC

CAMPING = BEING NOOB/CANCER FOR EVERYONE IN GAME

I really wanna know who likes being camped entire match to death ... and i am not asking players like "I am only killer player", because they will never have this kind of experience. I will never understand why players try so hard to ruin entire fun from game? Do you have some kind of problems/ issuies with yourself or brain? I would like to know how many of you want to have fun from game, because i think that all of you, because it is a reason of game existance, so why cant we try to let this game be more funny without all this toxicness like flashlight clicking, tunneling, camping, teabugging DC etc. I think devs should add some kind of bigger punishment like bans to get rid of this pathology and make game more playabled, than disabled. If you want to get rid of OP SWF you can always reduce this number from 4 to 2 or 3 idk there is always some kind of option to repair something on better. What do you think about all of this?

Comments

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

Killer already loses emblem points if they camp when not in a chase, this is completely unnecessary.

Also - if you want people to camp less, stop rewarding the campers.

If you die to a camper, it's literally 2 minutes of your life lost... that's it.

If you can't stay on a hook for 2 minutes and let your teammates pound out gens in order to train killers into learning this is a bad tactic, then you're hopeless.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291

You dont want to punish someone for using a legit strat it's bad a design decision.

You want to reward players and give them an incentive to not use the strat but leave it as an option for certain times in the game when it's beneficial or makes sense.

• My_Farewell
    My_Farewell Member Posts: 495

The killer is not your tour guide

Leatherface from yesterday running Iron grasp and Agitation most certainly looked like a tour guide!

• Nick_Wilde
    Nick_Wilde Member Posts: 20

Perk is only some kind of punishment from survivor for toxic killer, trust me if you are good you dont need to camp or tunnel, besides how your other perks can be usefull if you cant even be unhooked so at least you can feel better by punishing this kind of behavior, it is fair because you get nothing from this match and you also give nothing to killer he can always walk away ...

• Kerbert
    Kerbert Member Posts: 415

How does a perk that punishes the killer give anything to you other than satisfaction that he didn't get as many points, ON TOP of the fact that camping doesn't reward a lot of points in the first place.

• FrenziedRoach

Only good killer's don't camp - we're in agreement.

The problem comes is that bad survivors don't teach bad killers that camping is a bad tactic by feeding them.

So who's really the bad player? The bad player who uses a bad strat or the bad player who falls for the bad strat?

• Nick_Wilde

as you said it gives me some kind of satisfaction and also some kind of hope that maybe killer will walk away and let someone else unhook me and give all players points

• Kerbert

And not all camping is bad, theres different type of camping which are or arent justified depending on the circumstances. If the killer sees everyone trying to rush the hook, you really think the best option isn't to keep them away?

• FrenziedRoach

Part of your problem is like many new players, you want to punish bad play by codifying something that does nothing to discourage the bad play from the survivors.

Frankly, I don't think enough is done to discourage hook farming. Why is it 1000 points for the unhook and 500 for the safe unhook, shouldn't that be the other way around?

• Kerbert

Or even better, zero for the unhook and 1500 for the safe hook.

• FrenziedRoach

I can't agree to that. You have to at least reward the effort.

Remember, they lose a whole emblem level when hook farming. I just want it to be a little more visible that the safe-unhook is preferable.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693

Been a while since I've seen a thread of this..."quality."

LOL

• Nick_Wilde

Perks should help you in game and in some kind of help like i wrote before killer might leave you and other can unhook you, if not well that happens, but you have some kind of satisfaction that you gave killer fair punishment for his behavior, and the most important perks also should give you some kind of fun, look for example at no mither, it has many cons but some people still uses it because they want to try it for fun.

• Kerbert

All your perk does is affect the killer outside of the match. The psychological effects of "making the killer not want to camp" isn't how perks work. It's like if there was a perk which put players on a 30 minute ban after the match for DCing, in order to encourage them not to DC.

• Ksoni
    Ksoni Member Posts: 607

I will find you, and i will camp you.

• Damarus
    Damarus Member Posts: 600
    edited August 2019

As much as making someone waste his time, because the only way someone can play is by camping/tunneling/both isn't fair. To each his own, I guess. Though, I must admit, you got me laughing. Calling camping a "tactic" is just a joke, right? You don't really believe into what you are saying here. Because that would be tragic. A tactic, or a strategy, is something that needs to be THOUGHT, PLANNED. Standing still in front of a guy until he dies is as much of a tactic as farting is. Over and out. That said, I agree, there should be no perk to make someone get less points. Camping shouldn't be a thing in the first place.

• Jago
    Jago Member Posts: 1,742

Camping, a strategy based on the altruism of survivors that wish to have a nice gaming experience.

Yeah. If its not for the meme, that's a low IQ and could be qualified as anti/sociopathic move... Make your own conclusion.

• Kerbert

Theres a difference between camping and facecamping, my friend

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,340

If someone is hooked next to a gen, is it still camping if I check on it?

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,554

All these campers are coming out with full force tonight.

You are why the hook now swivels based on where you pull the survivor from

You are why they added an immunity window when getting off the hook.

You are why they prevented basement body blocks

When they add more mechanics so your completely fun for absolutely no one ever strategy gets reasonable counter-mechanics, will you honestly be shocked?

• EJmurdermain
    EJmurdermain Member Posts: 109

Ironically every killer kills because the survivors are camping, its so disrespectful lol

• SenatorAcadia
    SenatorAcadia Member Posts: 72

Nonsense

• Damarus

Going from one extreme to the other. Nobody ever said you shouldn't go towards those you see going for the unhook. But saying camping is a strategy or that it isn't a problem... There are three possibilities here:

1 - You have never played as a survivor;

2 - You have played survivor, but have never been camped;

3 - You don't recognize this as a problem because that is all you do while playing killer.

• Damarus

Going from one extreme to the other. Nobody ever said you shouldn't go towards those you see going for the unhook. But saying camping is a strategy or that it isn't a problem... There are three possibilities here:

1 - You have never played as a survivor;

2 - You have played survivor, but have never been camped;

3 - You don't recognize this as a problem because that is all you do while playing killer.