If you could choose for any one change in DBD history to be reverted, what would it be?

Comments

• Madjura
    Madjura Member Posts: 2,444

You said you had no problem with old Legion. I pointed out why old Legion was garbage

I did not refer to your suggestion because I think it is so bad that it doesn't even deserve attention. I can see though how my post was unclear

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

Ah, thank you for clearing that up. I was a fairly low rank at that time and while it's entirely possible i played against bad killers, i personally never had a problem with legion.

• Ember_Hunter
    Ember_Hunter Member Posts: 1,693

And the arguments begin.

(I would also make sure that iridescent shards could be gained per match along with levels. Much more shards so people can get cosmetics and such quicker, but it does mean less business)

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582

Whatever update removed Hags ability to put traps in doorways and tight against walls

• Talmeer
    Talmeer Member Posts: 1,520
    edited August 2019

Could we just stay please at the topic?

Btw., for some people that could play their char good enough, there was counterplay and also fun while playing against him/her.

I will never understand why some people, just because they, or a group dislike something, think that then automatically every person on the planet also dislikes, what they dislike. Different people have different likes/dislikes, huh?

Edit: Sorry @ all, that I had just to say :|.

• BlueFang
    BlueFang Member Posts: 1,379
    edited August 2019

Revert the graphics back to when they looked best

Looking at older footage of the game its insane how much wider the default Killer fov was, and how much better the game looked and even played.

Seriously, the lighting the game has now is dreadful to what it used to be, what did they do? The original lighting was atmospheric, the lighting now is either dull or completely mediocre to what it used to be. Watch this to see what I mean

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

trap deadzones.

espeically with the new hook placements, those can really be a pain in the ace.

and ever since the multidirectional unhook was added, i dont see the need for them anymore anyway.

• Forceful_Spork
    Forceful_Spork Member Posts: 87

Definitely the Borrowed Time rework. That was by far my favorite perk in the game. Also, old Legion was disgusting, and we don't talk about him here.

• thedevalex
    thedevalex Member Posts: 283

Definitely the lighting and graphics changes. The old graphics were so much better

• CoffengMin
    CoffengMin Member Posts: 862

i really hate sloppy butcher because its annoying and encourages the no-heal meta even more, make the mangled thing go back to not being a thing or put it on a timer

• RIP_Legion
    RIP_Legion Member Posts: 428
    edited August 2019

Damn this is a tough question for me, I'd say the Legion "rework", more like butchering. Sure moonwalking was bad and that needed to go but they nerfed aspects that had no business being nerfed like the vault/frenzy speeds.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Dr_Trauts
    Dr_Trauts Member Posts: 704

either the freddy rework or the change that made snap out of it no longer considered a healing action on Doc

• TKTK
    TKTK Member Posts: 943

It'd probably be either chase music being like it was where you could hear as killer or thanataphobia from the ptb where they made it useful at 2 stacks then nerfed it cause old legion was a thing and didnt bring it back when they changed them.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

The graphics, they were fine before but now... Ugh! :(

• deadbyhitbox
    deadbyhitbox Member Posts: 1,117

Hmm, for a killer with counter play, strange that there were DCs against him every game, right?

• ASAPTurtle
    ASAPTurtle Member Posts: 968

Old BT and I mean the old version, when it first came out/ Old Coldwind Tiles.

• ZacKdbd
    ZacKdbd Member Posts: 99

Survivor hitboxes are way too big already. No way do we need or want them bigger. In fact they should be smaller

• Talmeer
    edited August 2019

That could be argument, if not:

-Survivors dc to every killer and also in the same amount. Even I was a pre patch Legion main, I had play on a regular bases also Meyers and the Clown and sometimes Trapper, Nurse and the Huntress* and should I tell you something? On all killers I got my 1x/2x/3x/4x dcs.

-I will never support toxic behavior, as far I am aware of it. That means in case of dcing people... I don't care at all about them, or what they want. Would I have the choice, I would always do what toxic people annoy's most. If you have a problem with a game mechanic, killer, perk or what ever, - there are non toxic variants you can use to release your anger, like writing nerf threads and so on.

But let you not fool yourself now... In the game I have mostly only meet friendly survivors and that had also even end in friendly endgame chats between 01 min-30 min on a regular bases. So, because I had not often meet the toxic survivor type, I had not often come in a situation where I had really to annoy someone^^.**

*Trapper, Nurse and the Huntress mostly because of dailies.

**Besides the named dc's, of course. But as said before, I don't care at all about that playertype.

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063

The 24% buff Thanatophobia got in the pre-plague PTB. That buff was great and not overpowered because it was countered by survivors perks, and items that allowed healing as soon as they saw the de-buff icon. For a brief time it was a decent perk, but the devs chickened out and reverted it back to its original bad form due to old Legion. So much has changed since then including Legion getting nerfed into the ground, so bringing that buff back would be fine now.

Also the Nurse double stun on a successful blink hit (3 second blade wipe followed by 3 second fatigue). It was a bug in the pigs patch (1.9.0) that got fixed quickly afterwards, but it allowed survivors 6 seconds of escape time after a nurse performed a blink attack that, while frustrating for killer mains, actually balanced out her power to be more fair. Pretty sure if it was kept in as a "Feature" we'd have far less forum posts complaining about how OP nurse is and far more complaining about how OP spirit/billy are. Nurse doesn't need a full rework, she just needs that bug back.

• deadbyhitbox
    deadbyhitbox Member Posts: 1,117

Legion was DC'd against so frequently. Far more than any other killer. There was a good reason for it too.

• Talmeer
    edited August 2019

I have seen no official data to it. Just rumors of people in the forums.

And even then... I don't care at all. I have no love for people that, cheat, exploit, dc, or do what ever toxic behavior they come up with. I accept it, if someone says, that he dislikes the Legion, or even hate the Legion, if he not exaggerates and is not toxic.

That is only human, since we all have different things we like, or dislike, but the named things above crossing my personal borders.

As example: I am happy that exploiting Legion's got banned. Serves them right, but dcing people should also be banned and more I am not interested in them, or also the Legion's that have exploit and well... I guess we should give the thread now a chance^^.

• Qube
    Qube Member Posts: 7

The nerf to vaulting that came out of nowhere

• Marcus
    Marcus Member Posts: 2,047

Pig's nerf due to EGC. Remove that nerf and I put her instantly above Myers ( which I think is overrated ).

• not_Queen
    not_Queen Member Posts: 1,114

@Ember_Hunter Only the reversal part. Not the vaccum.

• Zertix
    Zertix Member Posts: 122

PATCH NOTES 3.0.0:

"In addition to Killer swing animations matching their hit distance we have also added swing VFX to mitigate when hits looked like they should have missed targets when in fact they found a target and hit."

The game does not feel smooth as it used to be after implementing this change. Every time I vault a window and the killer swings, the game stutter for a fraction of a second. Sometimes I get pulled back a little bit. When there is a little bit of lag and I get hit, I see the killer pulled towards me to make the hit look more convincing. @Peanits is there a plan to revert this change when dedicated servers go live?

• ArrowTheGreat11
    ArrowTheGreat11 Member Posts: 306

Mettle of Man

• Exerlin
    Exerlin Member Posts: 1,352

The WGLF nerf. It finally made playing survivor a good option if you wanted to level up your characters, but after its nerf, survivor BP gain is still much lower than killers. It made survivor feel more rewarding.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

The decrease to the size of Survivor hitboxes.

• Judgement
    Judgement Member Posts: 955

I think the user meant that at the time (ie, early days of Dead By Daylight), looping used to be called an exploit. It is not considered an exploit anymore as of today, however.

• Judgement
    Judgement Member Posts: 955
    edited August 2019

Ah, I must have been misinformed. Or maybe the person I read it from used bad wording.

I believe they said ‘exploit’ when they actually meant ‘a play style that the devs have said is not allowed’. Probably misused the word ‘exploit’ to make their post faster.

Edit; ‘They’/‘That person’, being the person I read the ‘looping used to be an exploit’ thing from, not the person in this thread.

• Nescau_Fernando
    Nescau_Fernando Member Posts: 44

Legion rework, by far. Crazy running speed, smooth fast vaults, the choice between risky Feral cancel for an early down vs slower but guaranteed moonwalking cheese, overall relaxing gameplay. Not only the most fun Killer ever created, but also the one that gave Survivors a bit of a taste of their own stressful/annoying medicine.

Imagine a rework that kept his speed and lethality, but added a higher skill requirement. For example, I would like moonwalking to be integrated as a special ability, making the deep wound meter deplete as if not in a chase, at the cost of some tracking restrictions (camera restrictions, inability to see scratch marks and bloodstains etc). Alternatively, implementing both the meter pause while inside terror radius and the power depletion on missed hit, as well as removing Feral Frenzy tracking, but allowing Legion to score two hits on the second Feral Frenzy activation, giving them the ability to down a Survivor with two power activations. I could list possibilities all day, and none of those include making Legion such a boring M1 Killer when it comes to downing Survivors. Oh Behaviour, do your fans a favor and never make a normal speed M1 Killer again, ever.

HONORABLE MENTION: Healing cube. IMO, the solution was worse than the problem. With the no heal meta, Survivor gameplay became more gen-centered while Killer time became much tighter.

• savevatznick
    savevatznick Member Posts: 651

I'd revert the "fix" that brought killer chade music back to its normal deafening levels.

Let me hear what's going on.

• LTheMaster
    LTheMaster Member Posts: 15

Legion update, he only need some tweek and not a rework making an useless unfun killer.

• LordziPL
    LordziPL Member Posts: 590

Legion Update

• Umbrae_pk
    Umbrae_pk Member Posts: 482

I just want my fast vaults back… and double pallets... I’m tired of seeing little to no pallets left.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

Some people think that any new strategy that the devs did not consider before is an exploit idiots really to be honest because you can call anything an exploit with that definition.