Does the Hag need to be slowed down when she teleports to a popped trap?

Financial_Stability
Financial_Stability Member Posts: 466
edited August 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions

As of now, when Hag teleports she has to ramp up speed from 0% to 110% over a pretty long period when considering how much seconds matter in a chase. I've tested this out in kyf, and smashing ctrl to teleport as soon as the trap triggers still allows my friend to confirm safety by fleeing to the nearest structure given he knows the trap's general location.

If a Hag teleports the instant a trap is activated, it is in my opinion very cheesy and dumb that a survivor can confirm safety and gain enough distance to make catching up take several seconds. That's why I ask, is it needed for her to have to ramp up from 0 to 110% while already slower in movement speed when she teleports? Personally I think she should keep momentum. It's too abusable by players that know what they're doing.

Comments

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,237

Yeah forgot the fact that she has to set up the teleport first.

She's fine but her teleport shouldnt stop momentum. Her teleport is a chase tool, not map pressure.

And freddy's teleport is a joke, in IdentityV thats a support skill with ~2 seconds max that can be used by ALL killers.

• limierr
    limierr Member Posts: 174

No i don't think so. It would most likely make her even more weak.

• Atrushan88
    Atrushan88 Member Posts: 2,092

It's not possible to get a hit when you teleport straight to a trap and sometimes they're usually to a pallet by the time you get close enough to hit them. Hag is already a 110% killer, I see no reason to slow her down more when she's already about surprise hits. She's one of the only actually scary killers in the game as well due to being all about jumpscares(unless with certain addons). There'd be no point in being scared of her if you're at a loop by the time she spawns.

• Clockso
    Clockso Member Posts: 853

her lunge is reduced for a moment when she teleports, not to mention this will completely drop her viability from mid-high tier to low tier. because first you must waste time trapping, 3 generators are gone, now you must lure the survivors to your traps and even if you do they can still drop the pallet early and you'll have to repeat that, also who said she can teleport all over the map in the blink of an eye? she only has 40m range of teleporting

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

I feel like she has to? She has a great map control (after she puts down the traps)

• Financial_Stability

I feel like you all are thinking I'm suggesting her to be nerfed. What I'm saying is that this is the case RIGHT NOW. I'm trying to make the case to remove the slowdown.

• Financial_Stability
    edited August 2019

You misunderatand. She already is slowed. I don't want her to lose momentum when teleporting. But she does in live.

• rina
    rina Member Posts: 90

Hag is already in top5, other killers need changes more.

• xnes_galax
    xnes_galax Member Posts: 149

Everyone here seem to have misunderstood what you were saying.

I played hag for a while and i can say that this is pretty annoying, but also not that much of a problem. Hardly ever a survivor will react in time if you considerate the camera flick. I dont think this would change a lot anyways so i would be fine with or without this "buff"

• Corrupted
    Corrupted Member Posts: 157

Hag is top tier and has a unique playstyle. She's fairly balanced and I don't think she should be adjusted in anyway.

Her traps are a chase tool AND map pressure depending on the playstyle. As a Hag main, I like to juggle.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

Ok, I disagree because:

1. Setup for traps
    2. Traps have to be triggered
    3. they can be disabled with flashlights
    4. they have a minimum range for TP
  • Financial_Stability

Again, I'm not saying that she needs to be slowed down, I'm saying that she ALREADY is.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

She can only teleport when she is within a certain distance of a tripped Trap, though. There is an add-on that gives her unlimited range, but that actually does give her a cool-down on teleports.

As for OP, I'm not entirely sure it is necessary to buff her that way when she is already pretty solid as-is? I mean, maybe it would be worth testing in a PTB, and if it is harmless enough, implement it in live?

• immortalls96
    immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652

Bro...this kind of thinking will kill characters.....

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

You were that guy who tested it in KYF with the Trap exactly there where your friend will be running.

This was not really representative. Especially because your friend ran into the direction where the trap was placed so that his character did not turn.