How about a mode with no perks and items allowed.

sluc16
sluc16 Member Posts: 537

How about a game mode where neither the killer or survivors can use perks? So is purely based on skills. Maybe give more BPs to both sides on this mode.

Comments

• LawrenceGordon
    LawrenceGordon Member Posts: 77
    edited August 2019

Speaking from Vanilla Experiment experience, killers have an advantage over survivors when playing vanilla. In almost all games I played the killer won.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,363

How was the ranking for that though. I know during PTB, I get aton of potato teams cuz the matchmaker throws ranks completely out the window.

• LawrenceGordon
    LawrenceGordon Member Posts: 77

Most of the killers were pretty trash I can definitely say that.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

But that heavily depends on the players. Killers rely on their perks and add-ons much more than survivors.

• NoShinyPony
  • Mellow7
    Mellow7 Member Posts: 793

Gens will still pop in no time and you'll lose unless you're playing high mobility killers, survivors don't need perks to loop or do gens, all survivor perks do is give you the ability to tank and extend loops. against a decent team with no perks you'll still lose there's only 3 exceptions to this.

• NoShinyPony

Hey, you told us months ago that you play at red ranks and that you even won with old Freddy against good teams. You mentioned your youtube channel and I asked you to let me know when you upload footage. Any updates on that?

• Efra_Legend
    Efra_Legend Member Posts: 13

I think this would make the strong killers stronger, and the weak killers even weaker. A lot of killers are add-on and perk dependant because their base power either doesnt apply map pressure or it doesnt help them in chases. Top killers like nurse and spirit wouldnt have much of a problem.

For the survivor side, you're basically taking away all second chances and information tools. You would strictly rely on your ability to loop to deal with the killer, while he gets gen rushed. Or you simply get stomped by the better killers in a matter of minutes because their powers allow them to not care about loops. Solo survivors probably wouldnt have a good time playing this mode. Its already tough playing solo survivor even with all the tools you have access to, because a bad team will still drag you down regardless of what you do.

Its an interesting idea, but I just dont see many pros to it compared to the cons I mentioned. It'd also be tough to implement new modes until they come up with a permanent solution for all the matchmaking issues.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,363

I think stealth would be Aton more viable since perks like whispers wouldn't be in play.