The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Will there ever be cross platform with consoles?

Since dead by daylight is coming to Nintendo switch, I think it would be an awesome idea to cross platform between consoles, so that way we can unite as a community, it'll mean que times will be even faster. I mean, we can cross platform with PC aswell but they would the higher advantage so that's why console platform would be best

Answers

• Elk
    Elk Member Posts: 2,267

I think that idea might happen, even with PC, Switch and Mobile. I think they could add an option in settings saying cross platform with.

PC, PS4, Xbox; etc. with a box checked 'ON' with default. If you don't want to play with PC and Mobile check the 'OFF' box. So people can play with whomever. It might be very complicted to implement though.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,850

God I hope not.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,850

That would be the worst possible option. I don't want cross play. But if they are going to make that terrible decision then it should be all or nothing.

• SoylentPixie
    SoylentPixie Member Posts: 1,192

I personally wouldn't want the cross play option, but I'd be happy if others who did, got the chance as long as the people who wished to opt out had a way to do so.

• Kaelum
    Kaelum Member Posts: 994

ROFL

The things people think of. BTW, this would not help queues in any way, it would only make them worse. Too many survivors on PS4 + too many survivors on XBox = WAY TOO MANY SURVIVORS COMBINED! It’s simple math.

If BHVR was stupid enough to cross platform anything with PC, they’d go bankrupt. Look at their financials. PC gamers can only account for an extremely small percentage of their revenue.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

Doesn't seem like such a good idea to me.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

You're joking, right?

there's currently too many killers playing right now, that's why the queues are bad.

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615

@SenzuDuck Queues aren't bad on ps4. Takes 20 seconds to get 4 survivors after pressing find a match at rank 1.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

Yea, I've had pretty ok queues for the past couple of days on PC, but when we last looked at queues it was too many killers.

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615

@SenzuDuck Temporary effect due to Ghostface having no survivor or survivor perks 🤷‍♀️

Then 3.1.0 and once again too many killers due to nothing happening to/for survivors but a whole killer got a rework.

Its seemingly balanced out/more survivors again.

They need to stop excluding survivor content/ not plan updates without a content balance because it kills queues i think.

• SenatorAcadia
    SenatorAcadia Member Posts: 72

Impossible to tell until dedicated servers. But anything else right now is conjecture.

I wonder if they would do away with Chat if they did it.

• ASAPTurtle
    ASAPTurtle Member Posts: 968

PC should never cross with the console world, especially with the amount of toxic people on PC. Though I do think data transfers should be added.

• Heroiq
    Heroiq Member Posts: 1,134

data transfer has a chance of happening with the dedicated servers (slight chance).

but cross-platform will never happen. don't even think about it.

• popcan115
    popcan115 Member Posts: 15

Yeah consoles with consoles and pc with pc