When devs say survivor escape rate is under 50%

13»

Comments

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    edited August 2019

If you got the average of rank 2 and rank 1 survival rates (PC):

You get approximately 70% which is still very high. However, keep in mind that a lot of things changed from then so I suggest to not make conclusions on this number alone.

Is this what you're talking about Orion?

• mike2835
    mike2835 Member Posts: 83

I've been wondering about this for a while, cause they last released saying that on avg 2 people get killed and 2 escape proving that the game was pretty balanced lol. That was way before all the nerds to survivors and killer buffs, plus with the endgame collapse that your lucky to escape without wakeup. Most killers find hatch instantly and close it. If the doors are close together, you don't stand a chance alone. 30-40% way balanced lol.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Yes, except it needs to be a weighted average, since there isn't an equal number of players at ranks 1 and 2.

• Dr_Trauts
    Dr_Trauts Member Posts: 704

fair enough, i guess we're all entitled to our opinions

• QuickStiQz
    QuickStiQz Member Posts: 194

Running no mither increases this percent by 100

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

What about specifically the stats of the people that DO play competitively?

• NuclearBurrito

Now now. YOUR the one who brought up rank. I never said anything about specifically rank 1. There are other more reliable ways of tracking that sort of thing.

For example the average survival of the top X Survivors vs the average kill rate of the top X Killers

• NuclearBurrito

I am not contesting your conclusion. Just the idea that statistics can't be used.

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

Basing any opinion on flawed stats gathered throughout one week is just asking to be misled. Applies for both sides of the coin.

You'll never know the real, absolute truthful stats. No one has any obligation to show them, anyway.

Play the game as is, or not.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

It shouldn't include disconnects, but more importantly it shouldn't include games WITH disconnects at all.

@Peanits said disconnects usually happen when you're losing, but that simply isn't the case in a huge amount of matches. So many people DC because they don't like the killer, they don't like the map, they go down first etc, none of which equates to actually being likely to die in a match.

Furthermore a disconnect swings the game heavily in the killer's favour and makes in FAR harder for the remaining survivors to live, especially early on.

Beyond knowing the statistics on that, I'd be interested to see data on games without a mori offering. I'm not a fan of instaheals or keys, but moris far and beyond have the most impact on a match and to me don't feel like reasonable data for survival in a normal match. Not in the least since it's been a very common topic recently to rework moris completely due to their unfair nature of removing 2/3 of a survivor's game.

Obviously the vanilla experiment has been running, so we'll hopefully see results from that.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

Vanilla stats mean even less because nobody is going into matches without perks 99.99% of the time.

• anarchy753

Vanilla stats are less meaningful than regular stats, but I'm still interested to see what they show. I think killers are FAR worse off in the experiment than survivors, as survivors still have all their basic tools where most killers are heavily add on reliant before even considering perks.

• anarchy753

Plenty of survivors play and manage without any 'meta' perks. Killers are losing all detection perks, which covers BBQ, one of the most common tools to gain a direction to go after hooking rather than just wandering aimlessly.

EVERYTHING to slow the game down is removed. Not only does that include ruin and pop goes the weasel, there's 0 chance of noed so there's literally no reason to spend time on a totem.

Most killers are also incredibly reliant on their add ons, even killers that are considered strong are vastly weaker without them. Billy loses charge speed and steering, meaning it's harder to get a down, and most jungle gyms become easy ways to keep him from hitting you because he can't charge the saw quickly. Spirit loses any bonus speed, cooldown or chargeup time on her haunt which greatly lowers how much it can be used, how far it goes, and how much time the survivor has to react before you're even moving.

Killers are far worse without perks AND add ons than survivors are without perks.

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789
    edited August 2019

Escape rate at the highest rank was 43% when MoM was a usable perk (and OP at the time) however it was actually lower as if someone was rank 1 depipped in a game where they died, they would be counted as a rank 2 death.

Edit: my mistake, it was higher than 43%; 43 was the number found after taking the factor I mentioned into account. Even so, MoM was meta then.

• snozer
    snozer Member Posts: 776

A better question would be, what is the survivor pip rate?

Answer these questions.

Do you care if you die when you know you have secured your pip?

Are you more likely to do stupid things that result in your death?