Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Camping penalty

so I’ve noticed a lot of face camping lately while playing the cannibal especially it totally holds the game hostage to camp especially with a chainsaw that has about five swings borrowed time can’t even save them. What if??... and this is a big what if.?? The dying process slows tremendous while the killer is in the vacinity o the hook I’m talking enough time to finish all gens of the killer stays. I only ask this because there’s legit NO way to save this person and still goes the killer time to find another victim before gens are completed. I know killer mains are going to argue well the survivor shouldn’t go down if he doesn’t wanna be camped but it’s inevitable a killer is goin to eventually down some doesn’t matter how good they are. Just some food for thought.

Comments

• TeambossFloze
    TeambossFloze Member Posts: 1,260
    so I’ve noticed a lot of face camping lately while playing the cannibal especially it totally holds the game hostage to camp especially with a chainsaw that has about five swings borrowed time can’t even save them. What if??... and this is a big what if.?? The dying process slows tremendous while the killer is in the vacinity o the hook I’m talking enough time to finish all gens of the killer stays. I only ask this because there’s legit NO way to save this person and still goes the killer time to find another victim before gens are completed. I know killer mains are going to argue well the survivor shouldn’t go down if he doesn’t wanna be camped but it’s inevitable a killer is goin to eventually down some doesn’t matter how good they are. Just some food for thought.
    Rank up - camping gets less as killers get better
  • EpicFailTryHard
    EpicFailTryHard Member Posts: 1,316

i sincerely love the idea.  maybe even a survivor perk that does this and gives the survivor bonus points for tying up the killer.
  • EpicFailTryHard
    EpicFailTryHard Member Posts: 1,316
    edited July 2018

not my experience...at all.  i have been to rank 9 as survivor before becoming thoroughly disgusted and turning back.
  • TeambossFloze
    TeambossFloze Member Posts: 1,260

not my experience...at all.  i have been to rank 9 as survivor before becoming thoroughly disgusted and turning back.
    I can only go by my current experience am rank 6 and have been camped once in about 2 weeks.
  • Kaalaxi
    Kaalaxi Member Posts: 177

Its funny when they swarm hook and you pretend to leave then BAM cut them down with the chainsaw!

Honestly playing Leatherface why wouldn't you look to do this? It hits multiple people, when are you gonna chainsaw multiple people except at a hook rescue? Pretty much any killer that full camps all game won't pip unless you all die. I've camped and killed 3 people and not pip'd before.

The thing about camping is its also used as a last resort to get points and a safety. I'll agree that killers camping on gen 5 with ruin is a bit toxic but when you get looped and flashlight saved after 2-3 gens are done, you're pretty much ######### unless you camp and have the endgame snowball into a win, otherwise you're just letting them go.

I main survivor at rank 1 and there isn't as much camping, just really good billy, nurses and huntresses.

• commanderNchef79
    commanderNchef79 Member Posts: 14
    When i 1st started playing, i did camp on a hook just because i wanted at least some points, but as i got better and more used to playing the game, i stopped. Got a lot of very mean messages, but learned from playin more, but if i walk away and see the hook icon change, i will go back. Lol.  Yes, i mainly play killer. 
  • Global
    Global Member Posts: 770

im guessing youve never played killer past rank 16.

• commanderNchef79
    commanderNchef79 Member Posts: 14
    Why do u say that global?
  • Sam00077
    Sam00077 Member Posts: 87
    Lowbei said:
    camping is legit. git gud and stop getting caught.
    ^^ it’s as easy as this. Never get hooked.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Someone did the math already, during the Tim of the camping the remaining survivors can do 3,5 gens and considering g that they worked on gens before the camp already, this is enough time to grant them a free escape

• Envees
    Envees Member Posts: 370

@chadnati0n said:

More entitled biased surv crap. Not going to say anymore on this other than play killer.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693
    It's cute when people don't know what the terminology means and are also super entitled .

:3
  • chadnati0n
    chadnati0n Member Posts: 30
    Lol I play killer aswell never camp mostly get 4ks I know you can get 3 gens done I just don’t think a killer who facecamps with five gens left deserves ANY additional kills simple suggestion is all and I respect al others. I main cannibal btw just an FYI lol. I’m rank one in both and camping tunneling is pretty common believe it or not . And yes toxic survivors deserve it especially flashlight gangsters but pallet looping is one of the main ways to stay alive are they supposed to just waste the pallet first run through??
  • MoFoJoe
    MoFoJoe Member Posts: 12
    Russ76 said:

gives the survivor bonus points for tying up the killer.
    I agree. camped survivors should get distraction points, and those points should go up if the killer is actively hitting the hooked survivor as well.
    Agreed
  • AlexAnarchy
    AlexAnarchy Member Posts: 685

@Amanda55 said:

@AlexAnarchy said:

@chadnati0n said:

Omg...are survivors really getting this level of entitled to win now too such a degree they are even trying to turn camping into holding the game hostage now? How much more lower can they go?

Survivors Always complain when they don't get their way lol.

Oh that does'nt surprise me, it just surprises me on how they will always find some way to try and stretch anything into an exploit or bannable offense, Like the recent pressing the R key exploit they are trying to claim just because they suck at timing blinds.

• Madhatter920
    Madhatter920 Member Posts: 10

Camping already has a penalty. Gen-rushing. You can fix a minimum of 3 generators in the amount of time it takes someone to fully camp a hook. It sucks for the survivor being camped, but unless they also implement a looping penalty, camping will have to continue.

• Skorpanio
    Skorpanio Member Posts: 605

@chadnati0n said:

The dying process slows tremendous while the killer is in the vacinity o the hook.

Play some Roblox - Escape the Facility.
    Really related to dbd, and yes the hooked state stops when the killer is nearby the hooked survivor!
    Wierd that I've began playing this instead of the actual game lol.
    I suppose even Roblox can be better sometimes...
    :)

• AlexAnarchy
    AlexAnarchy Member Posts: 685

@Skorpanio said:

@chadnati0n said:

The dying process slows tremendous while the killer is in the vacinity o the hook.

Play some Roblox - Escape the Facility.
    Really related to dbd, and yes the hooked state stops when the killer is nearby the hooked survivor!
    Wierd that I've began playing this instead of the actual game lol.
    I suppose even Roblox can be better sometimes...
    :)

devs already tried that in a ptb before..it was abused heavily by survivors so it got canned.

• Skorpanio
    Skorpanio Member Posts: 605

@AlexAnarchy said:

devs already tried that in a ptb before..it was abused heavily by survivors so it got canned.

Roblox here I come!

• chadnati0n

@AlexAnarchy said:

@chadnati0n said:

Omg...are survivors really getting this level of entitled to win now too such a degree they are even trying to turn camping into holding the game hostage now? How much more lower can they go?

@AlexAnarchy
    No sense of entitlement just think people who stoop as low to face camp first hook with 5 gens dont derserve more than that one kill. im not camped often as i dont get downed much not trying to say im the greatest or that i should be allowed to unhook a camped survivor yes they say camping is a legitimate strat but they say that is a type of griefing and will not get a survivor baned for that alone. There are some survivors who deserve it yes but all im saying is if a killer is bad enough to where he must camp to catch survivors they should not be rewarded much. borrowed time used to work on both which i didnt see as op as a killer. Again i am rank 1 in both surviving and killling please dont get so snippy about my opinion

• chadnati0n

@Madhatter920 said:
    Camping already has a penalty. Gen-rushing. You can fix a minimum of 3 generators in the amount of time it takes someone to fully camp a hook. It sucks for the survivor being camped, but unless they also implement a looping penalty, camping will have to continue.

Looping is of few ways to survive a killer. A smart killer wouldn't waste time on a looper i get the goal is to down and hook survivors but gen stoppage is more important if you ask me a lot of killers think they need to stay on the first survivor they see until they down them i let them go after 45 seconds take the chase points dont care youre not getting all 5 gens done you can run around all you want but eventually you will slip up. why would you think there needs too be a looping penalty???

• chadnati0n

@AlexAnarchy said:

@Amanda55 said:

@AlexAnarchy said:

@chadnati0n said:

Survivors Always complain when they don't get their way lol.

Oh that does'nt surprise me, it just surprises me on how they will always find some way to try and stretch anything into an exploit or bannable offense, Like the recent pressing the R key exploit they are trying to claim just because they suck at timing blinds.

drop button wont save you if the timing is correct lol dont put me in with crappy survivors. it can go both ways for the not getting there way thing lol killers always get so mad if they are looped the entire game but if you think about it whos fault is it that all that time was wasted??? that killer chose to focus on that one survivor.

• chadnati0n

@Sam00077 said:
    Lowbei said:

camping is legit. git gud and stop getting caught.

^^ it’s as easy as this. Never get hooked.

lol getting caught is inevitable haha how can you say never get hooked??? thats like saying dont breathe air. eventually EVERY survivor gets downed in a game uless of course the killer focuses on one survivor for a surplus of time

• chadnati0n

@Global said:
    im guessing youve never played killer past rank 16.

rank one survivor man lol killer as well. they camp in red ranks too believe it or ot there are somme super campers

• thomasnut
    thomasnut Member Posts: 113
    edited July 2018

there should be a camping penalty the very second there is a gen rushing penalty. How about a 2 minute trip to the penalty box for running straight to every pallet in the game.. A red card for looping?

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

As stated 300 times a day on every dbd forums :
    This system has been tested already and heavily abused by survivors.
    Also, you're not supposed to be able to save a hooked survivor if the killer is around. You CANNOT and SHOULDN'T be able to force it out.

• Grey87
    Grey87 Member Posts: 346

@RemoveSWF said:
    You are not entitled to a free rescue.

You're not entitled for a free ko either but here we are with survivors crying about campers and killers crying about every thing that the survivors can use to not get downed because they for some reason shouldn't have the ability to get away.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@Grey87 said:

@RemoveSWF said:

You're not entitled for a free ko either but here we are with survivors crying about campers and killers crying about every thing that the survivors can use to not get downed because they for some reason shouldn't have the ability to get away.

Killers primarily complain about:

• Self Care, which renders hits irrelevant. It does not help Survivors get away.
    • Looping, which lengthens chases to unmanageable levels. It does not help Survivors get away.
    • SWF, which heavily tilts the game in the Survivors' favor. This can actually help Survivors get away.
    • Gen rush, which heavily tilts the game in the Survivors' favor. It does not help Survivors get away during chases so much as it prevents Killers from having enough time to catch them in the first place.

Survivors primarily complain about:

• Camping, which is a problem of their own creation. It helps Survivors get away (besides the one being camped, obviously).
    • NOED, which can be shut down before it even activates. It can help Killers catch Survivors, but Survivors have all the power regarding when this perk is available.
    • The Nurse, which is one of the few viable Killers at high ranks. Even though she's been heavily nerfed since her release and sits at barely above 50% winrate at high ranks, because she's not susceptible to looping and can actually catch them, Survivors want her nerfed.
    • The Hillbilly, which is one of the few viable Killers at high ranks. He's built the way a Killer should be, with good map control, decent movement, and a way to end chases quickly, which is why Survivors want him nerfed.
    • Killer add-ons that give double damage. Even though every single Killer add-on that has any decent impact in the game has severe negative effects and can be countered, Survivors don't want to have to play differently, so they want those add-ons nerfed.
    • Everything that requires a change in strategy. Even though there's not a single Killer perk in existence that can't be countered through gameplay alone (the same cannot be said about Survivor perks), Survivors don't want to have to adapt; they want to play in the exact same way they've always played.
  • Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    Grey87 said:

@RemoveSWF said:

it wasnt a free ko. the survivor got caught. you have no case. camping is legit.
  • ShesArebel88
    ShesArebel88 Member Posts: 234

What's good for the goose is good for the gander... Camping irks survivors in the same way looping irks killers. Yes its a pain but using the strategy on either side has its pros and cons which are up to the player do weigh out for themselves. Complaining because you're the one on the receiving end of either one doesn't change the fact that they are in fact viable. However rage inducing they may to the opposing side. Don't let bias curve your perception.

• KillingInstinct
    KillingInstinct Member Posts: 272
    Maybe survivors should abuse pallet loops a bit less and dontd abuse infinites either...
  • m3dicookie
    m3dicookie Member Posts: 74

@Madhatter920 said:

you know that looping is part of them game it sucks but it happens what do you want survivors just to run in a straight line and only use the pallet once. i really think in real life you wouldn't be the ones living. a looper always gets caught thanks to bloodlust camping is like their the whole time and nothing really can happen but trading with the person on the hook. you think we ######### and moan about this and that but look at killers they do the samething so we all ######### and moan about perks and SWFs and blah body blocking .

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

Here is a brilliant idea, play the game and stop complaining! Stuff is broken on both sides just accept this game isn't meant to be competitive and move on to the next match! This constant "back and forth" between killer and survivor is whats keeping the game from being fun.
    I just got done with a match where the killer used a ebony mori and tunnelled everyone. No one quit out, we all tried to do gens and had a fun rescue resulting in 1 person escaping. No complaining about anything just played our best and for fun. We even sent a "gg" to the killer who (expecting hatemail) was pleasantly surprised and congratulated the escaping survivor. We all left salt free and happy.
    Give fun a try!

• I have the answers to solve this issue yet no one listens. DEVS, DEW IT!

camping can indeed be a decent strategy yet as a high ranking killer myself, I strongly feel that camping is only a good strategy when it comes to the gates are powered or open, when three generators are close together, survivors being way too overconfident, parties in the basement, basement builds, and finally when a generator is nearly done and you hook a survivor near it. You now have objective control over both the hook and generator yet my main concern is with the blatant camping aka griefing . I've had campers camp me for no reason and many others when 5 generators are up, and I find it highly annoying that there's really not many counters to camping beside genrushing " sucks for that guy". I think that is wrong that another player has to suffer just for someone's sadistic amusement!

Suggestions/fix 2- I think it's not a bad idea to create items or more perks that can free someone being camped. What i believe should happen is that our report system needs to be reworked to deal with people who grief just to ruin your day yet here are my ideas.

Purple Bomb- I name this item purple bomb to give homage to our good old friend( I hate you) purple flashlight. The light bomb would be an ultra rare that when thrown, will blow up on impact, stunning a killer near the hook for x amount of seconds due to the immense amount of Auric light or just light produced from the blast. The draw back of this item that the killer must be near a hook and only ONE can be brought into the game. If more than one purple bomb is attempted to be brought into the game, only one person will keep their purple bomb randomly and the others will have different items they own and if they own no items, no items will be brought.

FireCrackers- They never bothered me once as a killer yet I found use as them as a survivor. I feel like firecrackers deafen mechanic can be looked at to change it to where a killer can't perform any action besides moving while deafen x amount of time depending on the firecrackers' rarity.

Adding a special toolbox or toolbox add on that allows for a survivor to be able to unhook someone by causing the hook to collapse and if the camping killer is in that radius of the collapse hook, they're stun for x amount of time.

Perk 1- The Jester's Demise- If a Killer camps you for x amount of time when the gates ARE NOT OPEN OR POWERED IN ANY AMOUNT the Entity grants you it's protection for x amount of time to you and your savior to where nothing can put you into a dying state for x amount of time. T-baging will disable the effect and borrowed time, Adrenaline, and no perks such as self care, dead hard, and much more cannot be used during The Jester's Demise and X amount of time afterwards on both players who have The jester's Demise on them. This can only be used once per Trial( game) If the killer is in a chase around the hook, the x amount of time will not be added. I put x amount of time as in how much time would be needed to active the perk.

Perk 2- Not_Dead- If a killer camps you to second stage for x amount of time, the second stage will be delayed & The Fog will swirl around you, you will have a chance to hit a skillcheck. if you hit this skillcheck, the fog will teleport you to a safe spot on the map, very far from the exit gate yet very far from killer. if the killer tries to hit the fog that shrouds you in those moments, you will be healed to a healthy state.

We could also add some items for characters for example a guitar that can only be used and found by Kate Denson Kate wil be able to use guitar to quell the killer for x amount of time by playing the song that caused her to come into The Entity's world or a foul pizza. Dwight can used a foul pizza ridden with auric cells to distract the killer to devour it for x amount of time.

• ThePloopz
    ThePloopz Member Posts: 1,010
    edited July 2018
    MrChills said:

I have the answers to solve this issue yet no one listens. DEVS, DEW IT!

camping can indeed be a decent strategy yet as a high ranking killer myself, I strongly feel that camping is only a good strategy when it comes to the gates are powered or open, when three generators are close together, survivors being way too overconfident, parties in the basement, basement builds, and finally when a generator is nearly done and you hook a survivor near it. You now have objective control over both the hook and generator yet my main concern is with the blatant camping aka griefing . I've had campers camp me for no reason and many others when 5 generators are up, and I find it highly annoying that there's really not many counters to camping beside genrushing " sucks for that guy". I think that is wrong that another player has to suffer just for someone's sadistic amusement!

Suggestions/fix 2- I think it's not a bad idea to create items or more perks that can free someone being camped. What i believe should happen is that our report system needs to be reworked to deal with people who grief just to ruin your day yet here are my ideas.

Purple Bomb- I name this item purple bomb to give homage to our good old friend( I hate you) purple flashlight. The light bomb would be an ultra rare that when thrown, will blow up on impact, stunning a killer near the hook for x amount of seconds due to the immense amount of Auric light or just light produced from the blast. The draw back of this item that the killer must be near a hook and only ONE can be brought into the game. If more than one purple bomb is attempted to be brought into the game, only one person will keep their purple bomb randomly and the others will have different items they own and if they own no items, no items will be brought.

FireCrackers- They never bothered me once as a killer yet I found use as them as a survivor. I feel like firecrackers deafen mechanic can be looked at to change it to where a killer can't perform any action besides moving while deafen x amount of time depending on the firecrackers' rarity.

Adding a special toolbox or toolbox add on that allows for a survivor to be able to unhook someone by causing the hook to collapse and if the camping killer is in that radius of the collapse hook, they're stun for x amount of time.

Perk 1- The Jester's Demise- If a Killer camps you for x amount of time when the gates ARE NOT OPEN OR POWERED IN ANY AMOUNT the Entity grants you it's protection for x amount of time to you and your savior to where nothing can put you into a dying state for x amount of time. T-baging will disable the effect and borrowed time, Adrenaline, and no perks such as self care, dead hard, and much more cannot be used during The Jester's Demise and X amount of time afterwards on both players who have The jester's Demise on them. This can only be used once per Trial( game) If the killer is in a chase around the hook, the x amount of time will not be added. I put x amount of time as in how much time would be needed to active the perk.

Perk 2- Not_Dead- If a killer camps you to second stage for x amount of time, the second stage will be delayed & The Fog will swirl around you, you will have a chance to hit a skillcheck. if you hit this skillcheck, the fog will teleport you to a safe spot on the map, very far from the exit gate yet very far from killer. if the killer tries to hit the fog that shrouds you in those moments, you will be healed to a healthy state.

We could also add some items for characters for example a guitar that can only be used and found by Kate Denson Kate wil be able to use guitar to quell the killer for x amount of time by playing the song that caused her to come into The Entity's world or a foul pizza. Dwight can used a foul pizza ridden with auric cells to distract the killer to devour it for x amount of time.

Nah camping is fine. It’s not actually an issue people just dislike it. If the killer decides someone is going to die then they’re gonna die and that’s how it should be whether it’s 5 gens to go or no gens
  • ShesArebel88

@MegaWaffle said:
    Here is a brilliant idea, play the game and stop complaining! Stuff is broken on both sides just accept this game isn't meant to be competitive and move on to the next match! This constant "back and forth" between killer and survivor is whats keeping the game from being fun.
    I just got done with a match where the killer used a ebony mori and tunnelled everyone. No one quit out, we all tried to do gens and had a fun rescue resulting in 1 person escaping. No complaining about anything just played our best and for fun. We even sent a "gg" to the killer who (expecting hatemail) was pleasantly surprised and congratulated the escaping survivor. We all left salt free and happy.
    Give fun a try!

👆This is what we need more of! I agree 100%

• Orion

@ShesArebel88 said:
    What's good for the goose is good for the gander... Camping irks survivors in the same way looping irks killers. Yes its a pain but using the strategy on either side has its pros and cons which are up to the player do weigh out for themselves. Complaining because you're the one on the receiving end of either one doesn't change the fact that they are in fact viable. However rage inducing they may to the opposing side. Don't let bias curve your perception.

The main difference is that camping only benefits Killers if Survivors feed the Killer, whereas looping only benefits Survivors no matter what the Killer does. Get it through your thick heads - camping and looping are not equivalent in any way, shape, or form, because both put all the power in the Survivors' hands.
    Camping is the only counter to hook rushing. Camping is the only proper response when the gates are open and you caught a Survivor. Camping is the only proper response to having 3 Survivors crouching around the hook the instant one of them is hooked. Camping is the only proper response to being followed to the hook by body blockers clicking their flashlights.

• ShesArebel88

@Orion said:

@ShesArebel88 said:

The main difference is that camping only benefits Killers if Survivors feed the Killer, whereas looping only benefits Survivors no matter what the Killer does. Get it through your thick heads - camping and looping are not equivalent in any way, shape, or form, because both put all the power in the Survivors' hands.
    Camping is the only counter to hook rushing. Camping is the only proper response when the gates are open and you caught a Survivor. Camping is the only proper response to having 3 Survivors crouching around the hook the instant one of them is hooked. Camping is the only proper response to being followed to the hook by body blockers clicking their flashlights.

That is a blatantly biased response... Get this through your thick skull: the entire game isn't centered around you getting your way... You can call a pig a cow all day but it doesn't change the fact that at the end of the day, the pig doesn't magically change because YOU decided it should be seen as something else!
    Camping is only beneficial to the killer if his strategy is based on getting one kill. Every player has their own goal... (Surprise! Other people play in a way that differs from your way!) I may prefer implementing a strategy that is based on getting x amount of points. Every player has their own strategy and that needs to be kept in mind before trying to argue how the way you play should set the standard for everyone else. Survivors have their own way of implementing a strategy tailored to reach a goal as well. I main as killer but I don't pretend that my perception of a strategy that differs from my own changes its effectiveness for the person using said strategy. But then again I don't nit pick everyone else's experience all because the outcome of a game may or may not have ended in MY favor...

• Caretaker
    Caretaker Member Posts: 764

Here's how you counter this. You don't. Your buddies rush the gens, get out, and you die. This isn't a game about holding hands, or you escaping. You will die. You call the killer a dick, shake out all that salt, move on the next match, and keep playing.

• Orion

@ShesArebel88 said:

@Orion said:

@ShesArebel88 said:

That is a blatantly biased response... Get this through your thick skull: the entire game isn't centered around you getting your way... You can call a pig a cow all day but it doesn't change the fact that at the end of the day, the pig doesn't magically change because YOU decided it should be seen as something else!
    Camping is only beneficial to the killer if his strategy is based on getting one kill. Every player has their own goal... (Surprise! Other people play in a way that differs from your way!) I may prefer implementing a strategy that is based on getting x amount of points. Every player has their own strategy and that needs to be kept in mind before trying to argue how the way you play should set the standard for everyone else. Survivors have their own way of implementing a strategy tailored to reach a goal as well. I main as killer but I don't pretend that my perception of a strategy that differs from my own changes its effectiveness for the person using said strategy. But then again I don't nit pick everyone else's experience all because the outcome of a game may or may not have ended in MY favor...

Really? You're gonna be pedantic? Fine.

The main difference is that camping only allows Killers to get more points, kills, and slows down the game if Survivors feed the Killer, whereas looping only allows Survivors to gen rush, keep the Killer busy, and avoid capture without actually escaping the chase no matter what the Killer does. Get it through your thick heads - camping and looping are not equivalent in any way, shape, or form, because both put all the power in the Survivors' hands.

Is that clear enough for you, or are you going to complain about the very obvious things I was referring to when I used the word "benefit"? This is like those trolls asking what is meant by "toxic", when everyone knows full well what it means.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    I'm okay with camping but I just wished it's more fun for the receiving end, ya know?
  • Orion

@Nickenzie said:
    I'm okay with camping but I just wished it's more fun for the receiving end, ya know?

Unless you want rainbows to shoot out of the Killer's ass when you're hooked, I don't see how that's possible. If my team is playing smart, I take pleasure in knowing that I'm probably the only kill that Killer is going to get.