Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

This needs to stop

Global
Global Member Posts: 770

So first some context on the BNPs me and my friend were playing and a random asked for us to use BNPs me being a killer main it hurt me to use but i did......

But seriously A RANK 19 IN OUR MATCH #########!
I felt bad because you can tell he was new he ran into pallets would lung at us while we were miles away and would step into his own traps the poor guy. Me and my friend felt so bad that we just sacraficed ourselfs because I want him to not hate this game because the others were trying to troll.

Does anyone know why this shite happens? It hurt my little heart when 3 gens went up all at once and i saw him from across the map stepping in his own traps. :(

Comments

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    Agree OP. That’s why I’m hopeful for these changes coming to them. That’s the kind of first few games that make someone quit and not give this game a chance. 
  • Outland
    Outland Member Posts: 535

BNP is going to get gutted. I love the new changes.

And yeah the ranking system is fooked. Has been for some time.

• Global

I checked his profile after and he stopped playing dbd. :(

• ShrimpTwiggs
    ShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181

Honestly, I'm surprised the ranking system has stayed this way for so long. At least the BNP is getting a heavy nerf.

• ShesArebel88
    ShesArebel88 Member Posts: 234

I completely agree, and the fact that you and your friend took notice of this and didn't partake in the trolling deserves props and I commend you for it 😁 this issue seems to arise when people in a swf group have contrasting ranks and throw off the match making process. This is an issue that needs to be of top priority seeing as how for new players it is indeed the first matches that can make or break their desire to continue to play and if it ends too terribly the chances of them becoming a toxic player if they continue to play increases dramatically, and we need more people leading by example to get the toxic stench off of this community rather than add to it.

• Global

@ShesArebel88 said:
    I completely agree, and the fact that you and your friend took notice of this and didn't partake in the trolling deserves props and I commend you for it 😁 this issue seems to arise when people in a swf group have contrasting ranks and throw off the match making process. This is an issue that needs to be of top priority seeing as how for new players it is indeed the first matches that can make or break their desire to continue to play and if it ends too terribly the chances of them becoming a toxic player if they continue to play increases dramatically, and we need more people leading by example to get the toxic stench off of this community rather than add to it.

I completely agree he barely knew that he had to pick us up to bring us to hooks.

• ShesArebel88

@Global said:

@ShesArebel88 said:

I completely agree he barely knew that he had to pick us up to bring us to hooks.

Well i hope you continue to lead this community to a better rep by setting the standard in how you treat fellow members of the community. I'm going to be starting a "recommended players" thread for new players to find good standing people they can play with as they familiarize themselves with the game. If you wouldn't mind id like to give you a mention when I do 😊

• Global

@ShesArebel88 said:

@Global said:

@ShesArebel88 said:

Well i hope you continue to lead this community to a better rep by setting the standard in how you treat fellow members of the community. I'm going to be starting a "recommended players" thread for new players to find good standing people they can play with as they familiarize themselves with the game. If you wouldn't mind id like to give you a mention when I do 😊

i'd be glad to be apart of it just hit me up when its started. :)

• ShesArebel88

@Global
    Definitely will do!

• Envees
    Envees Member Posts: 370

@Global said:

So first some context on the BNPs me and my friend were playing and a random asked for us to use BNPs me being a killer main it hurt me to use but i did......

I felt bad because you can tell he was new he ran into pallets would lung at us while we were miles away and would step into his own traps the poor guy. Me and my friend felt so bad that we just sacraficed ourselfs because I want him to not hate this game because the others were trying to troll.

Does anyone know why this shite happens? It hurt my little heart when 3 gens went up all at once and i saw him from across the map stepping in his own traps. :(

I remember posting this same crap when i first started over a year ago, now. No response from devs and no mention from the devs in any dev talks, posts or communications to the playerbase regarding this issue.

This is not going to stop and is being actively encouraged by the devs. I can only imagine that they want to frustrate new players into thinking that they need to get better so they stay longer.

At the time i posted my bits i mentioned that this is going to drive new players away. Seems i am right. The new person no longer plays. Just like i do not play anymore and lurk here now and again. I am taking a seriously long break due to the powers that SWF present. Since the devs are hardly presenting any reasons to keep playing, i dont. Simple.

I posted screenshot after screenshots on the steam forums asking why i am being forced to play people way out of my rank range. Excuses such as rank reset and the odd man out of the swf group were given and nothing else. These responses came from people on the forums at the time.

I am glad that new person left. Dev's got their money so they dont care. And its shows.

• dannyfrog87
    dannyfrog87 Member Posts: 568

@Envees said:

@Global said:

I remember posting this same crap when i first started over a year ago, now. No response from devs and no mention from the devs in any dev talks, posts or communications to the playerbase regarding this issue.

This is not going to stop and is being actively encouraged by the devs. I can only imagine that they want to frustrate new players into thinking that they need to get better so they stay longer.

At the time i posted my bits i mentioned that this is going to drive new players away. Seems i am right. The new person no longer plays. Just like i do not play anymore and lurk here now and again. I am taking a seriously long break due to the powers that SWF present. Since the devs are hardly presenting any reasons to keep playing, i dont. Simple.

I posted screenshot after screenshots on the steam forums asking why i am being forced to play people way out of my rank range. Excuses such as rank reset and the odd man out of the swf group were given and nothing else. These responses came from people on the forums at the time.

I am glad that new person left. Dev's got their money so they dont care. And its shows.

i feel you on that i even skipped out on the double bp event i cba with the toxicity or the imbalance any more. im stress free and more relaxed. im waiting for balance changes. till then the game can just take a back seat and wont be touched till then. people will walk away more and more if the changes dont come soon ....

• Global

@dannyfrog87 said:

@Envees said:

@Global said:

i feel you on that i even skipped out on the double bp event i cba with the toxicity or the imbalance any more. im stress free and more relaxed. im waiting for balance changes. till then the game can just take a back seat and wont be touched till then. people will walk away more and more if the changes dont come soon ....

Thats the main reason why i made this post. i dont want new people to leave as they are the only future this game has. I dont worry about the older people because if they still play after all this time they already know the bugs and got use to it.

• TeambossFloze
    TeambossFloze Member Posts: 1,260

@Global said:

This is going to be a thing of the past soon enough. Don't hate survivors though for using somethings that's been put in the game. It's not an exploit or a bug or a glitchm but a ratified item.

• Global

@TeambossFloze said:

@Global said:

This is going to be a thing of the past soon enough. Don't hate survivors though for using somethings that's been put in the game. It's not an exploit or a bug or a glitchm but a ratified item.

Im not hating survivors I was one of them using the BNP. I was mad that we went up agaisnt a rank 19 as we were all below rank 15.

• TeambossFloze

@Global said:

@TeambossFloze said:

@Global said:

Im not hating survivors I was one of them using the BNP. I was mad that we went up agaisnt a rank 19 as we were all below rank 15.

Sorry - I clearly didn't read the post. it's a shame you felt sorry for him but man as if you and your team went in with 4 BNPs you guys are harrible

• Global
    edited July 2018

@TeambossFloze said:

@Global said:

@TeambossFloze said:

@Global said:

Sorry - I clearly didn't read the post. it's a shame you felt sorry for him but man as if you and your team went in with 4 BNPs you guys are harrible

Well it was just me and 1 of my friends playing the other 2 were randoms one of the randoms asked and since i dont play survivor as I play killer I decided to just have some fun since my Dwight has 8 BNPs I thought we would also go up against a rank 12 who knew that BNPs exsisted not a rank 19. But yes it is scummy of me and my friend.

• TeambossFloze

@Global said:

@TeambossFloze said:

@Global said:

@TeambossFloze said:

@Global said:

Well it was just me and 1 of my friends playing the other 2 were randoms one of the randoms asked and since i dont play survivor as I play killer I decided to just have some fun since my Dwight has 8 BNPs I thought we would also go up against a rank 12 who knew that BNPs exsisted not a rank 19. But yes it is scummy of me and my friend.

It is what it is, while it is there make the most of it.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388
    edited July 2018

You had 4 BNP's what did you think would happen? He still killed one and got 13k at rank 19. With zero perks or add ons.

• EpicFailTryHard
    EpicFailTryHard Member Posts: 1,316
    Global said:

i suspect that the only ones left who will willingly play against swf are those who don't know yet.   you get what you sell.
  • dannyfrog87
    dannyfrog87 Member Posts: 568

@Global said:

@dannyfrog87 said:

@Envees said:

@Global said:

Thats the main reason why i made this post. i dont want new people to leave as they are the only future this game has. I dont worry about the older people because if they still play after all this time they already know the bugs and got use to it.

oh ive been playing for a while im just sick of the crap honestly so im aware of all the bugs and issues. think is no one truly gets used to this annoying crap. its why they want changes. all i can say is roll on whenever the decide to roll them out the changes

• Envees
    Envees Member Posts: 370

@dannyfrog87 said:

@Global said:

@dannyfrog87 said:

@Envees said:

@Global said:

oh ive been playing for a while im just sick of the crap honestly so im aware of all the bugs and issues. think is no one truly gets used to this annoying crap. its why they want changes. all i can say is roll on whenever the decide to roll them out the changes

For two years this crap has been going on so its not going to change. Otherwise it would have already. To this day new people entering the game are immediately facing far, far, higher ranks than they should.

Why? So the poor survs do not have to wait so long in a que. This is why. Survs screaming about wait times are killing their own game by chasing new players away. Fine with me. Its what the devs want.

• Skorpanio
    Skorpanio Member Posts: 605
    edited July 2018

What about this?

Incase you're blind there's a rank 20 on the same team as the rank 3. :)

• Global

@Skorpanio said:
    What about this?

if I had a nickle for how many survivors that were 9 ranks lower than me in my killer games.

• ShesArebel88

@Skorpanio said:
    What about this?

There's a drastic difference in points too which shows just how unfair it was for that rank 20! As a killer, preying on the weak gives no satisfaction for me. It shouldn't be happening PERIOD!