Is the healing delay after unhooking meant to be in the game?

I remember a while ago you used to almost instantly be able to heal after unhooking but now it takes a second or sometimes 3 before you can heal them. Was this implemented to make survivors not heal under the hook? Also does anyone else get a bug where you're healing or getting healed and it just stops for no reason?

Answers

• HasNoLuck
    HasNoLuck Member Posts: 16

That bug is probably someone moving when they don't realize you're trying to heal them. Don't have an answer to the main question tho.

• DaS_only
    DaS_only Member Posts: 656

No, even when standing still doing nothing the delay exists. Also, it often stops after the first second and I had confirmed with my mate that he wasn't pressing any button. It's a bit annoying.

• HasNoLuck
    HasNoLuck Member Posts: 16

Hm, strange, hope it gets fixed soon then.

• Glory
    Glory Member Posts: 241

This, for real. I run "we'll make it" a lot and this regularly causes people to take off since they think I'm not healing them out of choice lol

• Jago
    Jago Member Posts: 1,742

It is a tunnel friendly feature.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,554

The funny thing is, if you and an ally are at the hook, while you have to wait before you can heal the unhooked survivor, your ally can heal them almost immediately.

The delay is only for the person who unhooks, its probably a genuine design flaw

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

I don't think it is intended, since it's a relatively recent thing and it wasn't mentioned in patchnotes or by devs or anyone actually. I think it's a bug that nobody complains about because they're not sure it's a bug, but it's very annoying.

• prayer_survivor
    prayer_survivor Member Posts: 626

Also the unhooked survivor usually enter in haste status for about 30 secs-1 minute, when you can see him running around the map as if won't be a tomorrow and another survivor running after him.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

been like this for over 6 months.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

It's not intended because it was never mentioned in any patch notes. It just started to happen one day.

I find it annoying mostly because it feels janky. Sometimes the healing will outright stop for a moment after you start too.

• kamisen
    kamisen Member Posts: 794

This could also be connected to the brief moment of invulnerability after being unhooked...

• DaS_only
    DaS_only Member Posts: 656

There is also some seconds of staggering after a kobe. Can't remember this beeing thing some updates ago