AFK punishment

XAbbasX
XAbbasX Member Posts: 55
edited August 2019 in General Discussions

AFK should be punished by leaving the match itself automatically

like for example

an afk player been standing still for 60 seconds

the player will get kicked out of the game with losing any add ons or offering with them .

so the afk player will get kicked out if he standing still for 60 sec or 120 sec

and please do not make the afk punishment a ban .

its ridiculous .

but they will gonna lose pips .

what do you think about the idea?

its just like F13 .

Comments

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

So dont punish them at all. Save their items and back them out while the rest play 1v3? Nah.

• Elk
    Elk Member Posts: 2,267

I think they should lose their items, pips and offerings. If you give them a 60sec window to move or they get kicked. It's exploitable, only if the person taps the movement. You lose offering anyways when a match starts.

• XAbbasX

So a AFK player needs to be banned off this game for a long time ,then.

Lol yeah sure

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    edited August 2019

i like the current system.

however, instead of noise spamming you, the crows should make a loud noise once and then reveal the survivors aura to you (trumping any perk / item effects that could possibly prevent your aura from being revealed), until they move again.

however, i do not think you should be able to gain crows while inside the killers terror radius. you wont lose them, but you also wont get any. i feel like that could be a needed buff to stealth play (ive gotten crows before, just because i had a good hiding spot and the killer kept running around me .-.)

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

I didnt say ban them forever either did i?

You really need to stop assuming and putting words into peoples mouths.

• XAbbasX

Lol the afk crows are kinda terrible tbh and useless

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    edited August 2019

It actually already works like this but its better for all as it still wastes time and gives the killer and suvivor some points.

If they AFK the killer can find them or wait for crows, hook them and still get the BBQ points, max time then is 60s for stage one, survivor rescues before it and gets the points and since they are AFK they will die on the second hook instantly anyway.

• XAbbasX
  • TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171
    edited August 2019

I agree something more should be done about AFK Survivors.

I had a game recently where we had two AFK Survivors. The Killer ignored them and instead went after me and the other person actually playing.

Unfortunately for us, once I died my teammate had no chance of Escape. Hatch couldn't spawn because she technically had two teammates left and she had 4 gens between her and the Exit Gates. Eventually the Killer found her and killed her before then killing the 2 AFK Survivors.

IMO, AFK Survivors who are outside a certain radius from the Killer (not the Terror Radius, because that can be exploited) for an extended period of time should be automatically Sacrificed by the Entity.

• TheRockstarKnight

What?

If you don't want to or can't play the game, just don't play the game.

And if you're having a rough match you can DC or find the Killer and let them kill you. Or you could keep playing and do your best to get points and help your teammates.

There are plenty of solutions besides AFKing. As a Survivor, the only thing AFKing is good for is screwing over the other Survivors.

• yukairi
    yukairi Member Posts: 241

When someone call you in game you go inside the locker and you afk, for me it's very important to doesn't punish afk because it's not the fault at everybody

• HasNoLuck
    HasNoLuck Member Posts: 16

The crows are probably the best option because the circumstances for someone being AFK are very much a wide variety, and banning people for it may be a bit harsh for some players. Maybe a AFK button would be nice in the end-game reporting system to ban someone who AFKs repeatedly, but that's probably the most the devs can do that is safe and fair.

• TheRockstarKnight
    edited August 2019

Okay, then I can understand where you're coming from.

I was talking from a Survivor perspective. I agree with you; Killers going AFK doesn't need any extra punishment.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,164

Sometimes I go afk when slugged. You're going to kick me for getting crows while I'm lying on the ground bleeding out with nothing to do?

Or what about the times when I've gotten stuck on the environment and get afk crows because I literally can't move?