Why can hillbilly still chainsaw you after you already vaulted?

sluc16
sluc16 Member Posts: 537

This makes no sense. You see billy running to you with the chainsaw, so you vault to the other side if a window so be "safe", and bum! He still hits you anyway? What kind of stupid logic is that?

Comments

• TKTK
    TKTK Member Posts: 943

A guy with a chainsaw can still stick it out the window like if you were doing mid vault and if you start your fast vault too late you'd get an m1 hit so chainsaw probably works the same way and if you are standing by the window you're just asking to get hit.

• sluc16
    sluc16 Member Posts: 537

I'm not talking about just finishing the vault, I'm talking about vaulting and taking some steps away from the window. What the point if he can still reach you there, might as well remove all vault spots.

• TKTK
    TKTK Member Posts: 943
  • GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

LF can do it too.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

Technically yes, but not very reliably. You should be wary of being to close. Killers can hit through windows normally anyway.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

That's desync. Or client/server lag since killer hosts.

Which dedicated servers will help with.

• Scal3r
    Scal3r Member Posts: 188

Same reason you can smack people through windows

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,150

Hitboxes

• GT_Legend2
    GT_Legend2 Member Posts: 845

Hit boxes are odd when vaulting.m, slow vaulting or medium vaulting requires the survivor to pretty much complete the animation all the way in order to be safe, while running vaults (fast vaults) require the survivor to be on the other side of the window mid animation in order to be safe.

These are true for the host (killer), so on your screen you may be safe but on the killers screen, because of ping and delays causing a Desync between you two, you are still within his range.

TL;DR lag makes you think you are out of range, but that may not be the save for the host.

• ThirdSealOPplzNerf
    ThirdSealOPplzNerf Member Posts: 360

Because arms are a thing lol?

• Wizards4Hire
    Wizards4Hire Member Posts: 10

It makes sense for the hillbilly because in his animation he aims over the window and it appears he is reaching out. This doesnt make sense for Leatherface to do it because his chainsaw animation is him swinging it side to side so it seems weird for him to reach through windows with his chainsaw.

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145

Long guide bar.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

Not necessarily. Hillbilly still has decent reach through windows without long guide bar. I was kind of surprised this chainsaw attack of mine connected as Jane was already moving to the left after vaulting the window:

• Roobnus
    Roobnus Member Posts: 375
    edited August 2019

First we have to make sure everyone understands what a window is; it's a hole in a wall.

Secondly, we have to make sure everyone understands what can be done with a hole in a wall: You can jump through, you can throw things through, you can even grab, hit or reach through it. You can even peak through it and look left or right to see what's going on there!

It's really crazy - try it out! I hope that helps you understand the logic behind it.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

Great to see you understand what a window is. Too bad you don't seem to understand that dbd is a game which isn't even based on realism. Therefore the question isn't - is it realistic to chainsaw people through windows AFTER they've vaulted said window but is it fair and balanced. Remember we're talking about 1 out of 2 survivor defenses and an INSTADOWN.

Should an instadown have priority over 1 out of 2 defenses even though said defense was used already?

The Jane clearly moved to the left side already judging by how she got downed. Therefore my chainsaw hit wasn't fair and balanced but quite simply bull.

• Roobnus
    Roobnus Member Posts: 375

Yes, it's fair and balanced as it's the result of poorly timed vaults and nothing else. It's like vaulting a pallet shortly before the Killer reaches it with the chainsaw. The chainsaw will break the pallet and hit you because your timing sucked, simple as that. You failed to get out of the Killers reach in time. You get punsihed for that.

• BreadLord
    BreadLord Member Posts: 274

open window+ the killer having arms= being able to hit yo ######### ass

• MegsAreEvil
    MegsAreEvil Member Posts: 819

Hitboxes are just totally ridiculous in this game. Every second window vault you get hit cause the character gets reset back into the window after vaulting. Chainsaws and hatchets are proof for those bad hitboxes. Dont know how often i get chainsawed through gens, trees, corners or minor objects. Or how often hatchet hits the ground or goes by and later a hit registrates.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

the chainsaw has the exact same range as the hammer, therefore he can attack through windows and over fences, if you are too close to them.