Is it too late to start playing (PS4)?

I just discovered this game and have watched some of the gameplay on streams. It looks pretty fun, but it seems like there is a ton to learn. I'm wondering if it is too late in the life cycle to start playing? It seems that I would have a really hard time starting from scratch. Are they likely to release a new game any time soon?

Thank you for your time.

Answers

• TheShape78
    TheShape78 Member Posts: 712

Yes, there's quite a bit to learn, but it's never too late. It doesn't seem that there will a new game anytime soon.

• ItzSoulz
    ItzSoulz Member Posts: 368

you can play it any time. you will be get better and better in the game. its never too late

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

Also, a new DBD soon isnt likely. Theyve outlined a roadmap for the next 9 months at least, and from what I've seen, the devs make it seem like they want to support this one for a while. Just getting dedicated servers soon, so I cant see them abandoning/changing them all.

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

Never too late to start playing

I am a PS4 veteran, you can send me a friend request if you want

I am also available to answer your questions if you have any

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,897

Its never too late to play a game. Especially one that is still thriving.

• Mike2550
    Mike2550 Member Posts: 16

Honestly it might be the best time to join, especially after they fixed a lot of early year kinks and frustrations. Also, dedicated servers are on the horizon with also a change to the in game blood web (part of the progression) so the grind will be less intensive for new/existing players.

Not to mention, in another soon to come chapter/midchapter patch they will bring in a new way to earn in game stuff by doing objectives in the Archives, before, we only had tiny daily rituals and seasonal events for that.

I believe now is a perfect place in the games life cycle, as they just started to rework old maps which it’ll take them a good while. No way they would make a brand new game, at least for another 2/3 years, maybe.

Just have fun, ignore any toxic players as people like to get salty, try to have an open mind and learn with each death or kill (whoever you play as) and over all, collect that juicy blood and shove it into your new fav characters to enhance their survivability/killing potential.

• kamisen
    kamisen Member Posts: 794

It's not too late! I picked it up 9 months ago or so: haven't stopped playing since. There's lots to learn but you're going to to love (and sometimes hate) every minute of it.

• Almo
    Almo Member, Dev Posts: 1,120

I'm biased (for obvious reasons), but I think now is as good a time as any to start playing. Have fun. :)

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756

Better late than never

• harpuia
    harpuia Member Posts: 38

With the dedicated servers coming soon i would say that now its the best time to start playing tbh. Yes, there's A LOT of content and things to learn that you wouldn't have before, but the learning curve for this game will always be a little high if you want to have a very good knowledge on it, especially if you are thinking on playing both sides.

Just jump on it and have fun mate!

• BR1THD1R
    BR1THD1R Member Posts: 14

I only started on DBD PS4 around November 2018. It’s never too latee!

Dive in, you’ll get frustrated! But it’s all part of the fun, stick at it and you’ll be in the coloured ranks in no time.

Add BR1THD1R if you want...

• rd_dex
    rd_dex Member Posts: 253

If you have time to play because you have a lot of catching up to do.

• doitagain_
    doitagain_ Member Posts: 723

Now is the cheapest time to play actually. The dlcs go on sale pretty often so don’t buy them right now.

• RipperShark
    RipperShark Member Posts: 17

Thanks everyone. Okay, I will give it a shot. It is on sale, so why not! Hopefully it will not take me too long to get up to speed.

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

Get it on the PC don't make the same mistake I did :(

I really wish I had waited to play this on the PC rather than jumping onto the PS4, I have everything bought and almost unlocked and I can't spend that amount of money on the PC version, too expensive and way too many hours.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

@RipperShark Now is a good time. The grind as announced in the Dev update is being reduced. If you ever need a teammate let me know.

• foochill1
    foochill1 Member Posts: 109

I kimda thought that too playah, but then i learned that they are just barley going to get dedicated servers, which is safe to asume this game is very well alive 👍

• DaS_only
    DaS_only Member Posts: 656

Not really to learn, but a lot of grind. Devs Annoncend a grind cut off so it could be worth to wait till this update drops and then start playing.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,145

It not late but just know the perks you want will require a bunch of grinding/buying the character if they don't appear the shrine