Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Do you think using Premonition and Spine Chill at the same time is a good idea?

I've tried this a bit the other day, and no joke, I kind of like using these perks at the same time. If your working on a generator or cleansing a totem... or even healing someone in the open, you get alerted by spine chill when he is coming and premonition would tell you which direction he is coming from. It acts like an aura reading perk when your inside the killers radius. Should I keep using it?

Answers

• Jdsgames
    Jdsgames Member Posts: 1,109

I generally don't use spine chill. I kept using only Premonition when getting started. If you spin your camera you will hear the ding on their direction. It also gets you used to looking around on your own which is a better indicator for stealth killers like Myers. When you do not have the perk.

Generally speaking there are plenty of better perks than those two in the game.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

IMHO Prem is worthless once you get to a certain skill point in the game. Tracking the killer's general direction isn't that hard 99% of the time, it's mostly a matter of deduction. If you don't see them (which in most cases you can) you just have to know where they last were confirmed to be and figure the most likely path they will take to get to you, which should almost always be the shortest path because it's the most time efficient. It's very unlikely for a killer to have been chasing someone in that direction or patrolling gens in this direction to suddenly appear in an area behind you. Freddy and Hag are the only ones that could do this, but there are limits here too. With Freddy you will hear a wooshing noise map-wide when he channels projection. Hag can only do it with Mint Rag and you will hear the splash unless she also uses Rusty Shackles. But even then she is way more likely to put the trap near some object then off in a random corner to surprise you.

Spine Chill is way superior, one of the most underrated perks in the game. It counters a lot of stuff and gives you a lot of info. It also doesn't have a cooldown, and the only time it won't be of use is against SM Myers. Killers can moonwalk to counter it but that's hard to do, let alone hard to spot when someone has Spine Chill in the first place.

If you are new to the game Prem is great. After you get better it's not worth using. Spine Chill is always a good pick.

• Marcus
    Marcus Member Posts: 2,047

I would say any of them, but if you really want a detection perk, go for Spine Chill.

But it's a overrated perk, so don't become too reliant on it.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291

Its really a waste of a perk slot for some minor Info to use both.

Spine chill is subjectively better as it has no cool down. Premonition is ok but there is nothing to say the killer won't change direction after it's use leading you to a glass sense of security.

Neither perk is needed overtime as you learn to depend on your eyes and ears more. Always look around when doing a gen, totem or running and always look behind lots when in a chase.

They my help with more with stealth killers but positioning yourself to have some line of sight if possible and a planned escape route or area to run too becomes far more important.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

Wow, that's really old Meta actually. Like, first 4 months of the game meta. I haven't seen anybody use that combo since those days.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

I use Spine chill, but generally don't need Premonition because I know where the killers are most of the time.