Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

How exactly do i get Merciless killer?

Options
Clockso
Clockso Member Posts: 853

Green ranks:

how many total hooks do i need?

How long is the game supposed to be?

Is a 4k necessary? i know disconnects can still give you merciless but i'm talking about the unpreventable scenarios where the last survivor finds the hatch and there's nothing i can do.

I know some basic stuff like no moris or camping, and that i must kick generators.

I'm using hag btw and it can feel very unfair considering my totems get found early, so is there any map recommendations for hag?

Comments

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,377
    Options

Merciless Killer means you would need to double pip. In the green rank range, that would be either 15 or 16 emblem points. Points basically goes as follows:

No emblem = 0

Bronze = 1

Silver = 2

Gold = 3

Iridescent = 4

So in total, you would need three iridescent emblems and one gold emblem in order to get a merciless killer game.

In order to get an iridescent devout emblem, you need to sacrifice all four survivors. A DC counts as a sacrifice for this. If you don't sacrifice at least 3, you will not get a merciless killer game (you need at least a gold emblem).

There's a bunch of intricacies, I would suggest looking here: https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Emblems#Killer_Emblems

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited August 2019
    Options

https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Emblems#Killer_Emblems

The most sure fire way to get 4 iridescent emblems...

1) Don't camp hook. If you camp hooks you lose opportunities to get the minimum hook requirement and potentially lose Chaser points. If you do need to camp a hook make sure another survivor is nearby and let them save so you can get more hooks. If the guy dies on the hook that will screw you out of minimum hooks.

2) Take chases on healthy survivors. Catching a healthy survivor and hooking them will give you more points in Malicious/Chaser than if you catch an injured survivor. Also avoid one shot abilities as it's harder to get these emblems if you use them.

3) Stall gens as best you can. Gatekeeper is notoriously lame with it's iridescent emblem. You want to keep 5 gens up for as long as you can. If you take your first chase and survivors pop 2 gens that's automatic gold max right there. It's very dumb because it's mostly beyond your control, but if you use perks like Ruin and Pop you can hold down the gens long enough to get iri GK.

4) Kill all 4 survivors. At red ranks you will need to do this, and get minimum hooks, to get iri Devout. At purple ranks and lower you can get away with only needing a 3k, but it's best to just try and kill them all.

5) Slug survivors every once in a while. This will give you more chances to get Chaser/Malicious points, and it's a good way to generate pressure for GK.

Long story short, you need to play fair with survivors and dominate them. It's hard, especially at red ranks, to do this but it's the most consistent way to get 4 iridescent emblems and a Merciless victory.

If someone DC's chances are you won't be able to get Merciless if you are at red or purple ranks. Green and lower it's still easily possible.

• Dr_Trauts
    Dr_Trauts Member Posts: 704
    Options

if you dont get it dont worry, the ranking system for killers tends to be based more on the shortcomings of survivors than the killers merit.

• Clockso
    Clockso Member Posts: 853
    edited August 2019
    Options

thank you so much for these tips, which is why im doing adept hag cuz hex ruin helps with the gatekeeper emblem.

and i wanted to thank you as well, it's just like you said that i needed 3 iridescent and 1 gold at the least

finally got it after 10 rounds of bs were someone runs OoO and totems getting cleansed early

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371
    Options

As @suicidefox said "...you need to play fair with survivors"

So do as I do and ignore the Emblem System altogether and just have fun: Camp a survivor, tunnel them, mori them, hit them on the hook, leave then on the floor all the match, etc. When you play killer you play by your rules, not theirs! There is no such thing as "fair play" when you are there to make sure none of them escape!

• Azurlynx
    Azurlynx Member Posts: 222
    edited August 2019
    Options

You are kinda scummy, aren't you?

You probably met bunch of clicking, tbaging little ######### huh :/ .

• Acesthetiic
    Acesthetiic Member Posts: 1,077
    Options
  • RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371
    Options

I met the normal amount.

I try to kill every survivor every time, no matter what they do

• Jdsgames
    Jdsgames Member Posts: 1,109
    Options

@Peanits

Not sure if that is up to date. However, this would mean you can't get Merciless unless you kill all 4 at Green Ranks.

• drimmalor
    drimmalor Member Posts: 909
    Options

Please keep in mind that this subforum is for answering the questions, not for extended discussion. As the question has been answered, I will be closing this thread, and if you wish to discuss it further, you can make a post in General Discussions.

And congrats on your Merciless killer!

This discussion has been closed.