Make the game darker

Please devs <3 I've played since September 2016 and at the start the game's atmosphere was so amazing... the depth of field that made the distance blurry so you couldn't see ages away, the darker lighting that actually made sense considering the maps are only lit by the moon, the thicker fog...

Now the game feels like an arcade game compared to a thriller because it's so bright :( The game used to have this feeling... The game felt so dark in it's atmosphere which gave it it's personality and feeling, the maps that were relatable to the real world like forests and cornfields, but with a darker twist on them through the colour palette, darkness and fog.

Each map had it's own colour theme that dominated the map. Sure, the colour themes are still there but for example macmillan is now a greyish blue instead of the dark blue it once was.

Maybe I'm ranting but I really miss the atmosphere of the game.

Comments

• SpyMature
    SpyMature Member Posts: 204
    edited August 2019

This change was probably made because of Blendettes that would blend into stuff and you actually wouldn't be able to see her at all, like when L4D2 shirt was completely black.

As the devs said it, the whole point of Stealth is not being seen in the first place, not hugging the wall and hoping the killer isn't going to notice you at point blank range.

• thedevalex
    thedevalex Member Posts: 283

Yeah and they changed the L4D2 shirt to have red rims to be more visible. Instead of making the game brighter, they should have just made claudettes clothes brighter like they did with that l4d2 shirt.

I don't care about stealth. I'm a laurie main and her clothes aren't really stealthy and I don't have that playstyle. I just want the atmosphere of the graphics back.

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

The killers really need to see the survivors. It really was ridiculous before the Blendette nerf.

They could just change the lighting for survivors so that survivors get the atmosphere and killers get the visual clarity. I'm sure the Entity would have given the killers better vision in their welcome packs.

• thedevalex
  • virtushda
    virtushda Member Posts: 17

I have to agree, the atmosphere of the game is more important to me than perfect visibility. If the one black lady in the game is so damn OP, just adjust her clothing so she's as noticeable as the other survivors. The visuals as they are now are atrocious for 2019, let alone 2016.

• thedevalex

Literally, just change the visibility of Claudette's clothes.

• thedevalex

Would love to get some input from the devs around this topic so I can either put it to rest or get excited for changes <3

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

But they already have changed the visibility of Claudette's clothes. It is a wonderful nerf. Only the killers need the perfect visibility. The survivors would be better off with the atmosphere.

SWFs are scary enough without adding creepy lighting for killers to the mix.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,554

They just need to make it so that survivor's see the Realm darker than the killers do. Ta-Da, problem solved.

• JAWS_BDSM
    JAWS_BDSM Member Posts: 328

so make survivors be a bit brighter or add some bright parts to their clothes and problem solved, right?