Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

Any advice for playing killer

Options
meepee
meepee Member Posts: 44

I'm fairly new too killer and looking for advice such as good perks to use. And general advice on how to be a good killer

Answers

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
    Options

What killer(s) are you going to play? A good perk loudout is relatively specific although some builds work on most killers. Bamboozle (to name a sample) is a great perk for most killers but totally useless for Nurse (unless you want to meme).

What to learn as killer:

- learn how to mindgame which is mostly based on manipulating your red glow.

- learn when to stop chasing a person. Sometimes -especially at the start of a game when every pallet is up- it's not a smart thing to go after a person who knows how to loop as the looper will never run into deadzones if it's the first survivor you chase.

Therefore force a few pallets down and find another survivor. Eventually survivors will start running to pallet locations that were wasted by other survivors before - allowing you to catch and down them quickly.

- don't get nervous because of tbaggers and flashlight clickers. All they want is to decrease your focus. If someone gets super cheeky and follows you just act like you ignored them till you find a moment that allows you to definitely get a hit.

- try to ignore people who act disgustingly nasty after the game. Just say gg and move on to the next game. If you argue with some toxic people you may end up spending more time typing messages than playing the game. Trust me on that.

• meepee
    meepee Member Posts: 44
    Options

Thanks for the advice gonna take it on board next time I attempt killer

• YaiPa
    YaiPa Member Posts: 1,929
    Options

Never respect pallets, don't kick unsafe pallets.

• Mookywolf
    Mookywolf Member Posts: 907
    Options

a more basic tip, learn your lunge range. it'll help with pallets and windows a lot.

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154
    Options

People already gave you some solid tips so I don't know what else to tell you

If you are on PS4 you can send me a friend request, I can teach you some tricks in private matches

If you're in another platform, good luck :)

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154
    Options

Dang

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,298
    Options

Ah, on PC i see, close the chat window after the match. It will save you a lot of trouble.

• scrantonmifflin
    scrantonmifflin Member Posts: 19
    Options

Also try to have fun and enjoy the game its really rewarding as you learn to play each character.

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756
    Options

Be patient don't rush, and look around there could be someone hiding right behind you.

• Ark_the_Bonsai
    Ark_the_Bonsai Member Posts: 867
    Options

If people group up, take advantage. Dole out as much damage as you can, slug to waste their time. If someone is on the hook and someone goes down near them slug and use them as bait. (picking them up is a garuntee that person comes off the hook, usually with BT)

Your biggest enemy is time so the more busy you keep the collective, the less you have to fear

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144
    Options

Depends on what killer you want to play.

Nurse, Billy, and Huntress are the most difficult to play. I would recommend watching ZubatLeL on twitch considering he's very good with all three of these killers.

As for normal M1 killers, look up ScottJund's video on how to run all generic tiles as killer. That will help you chase more effectively.

And perks: Look up Zubat's perk list. For the most part, his perk selection for killers is pretty good.

• metalcore4236
    metalcore4236 Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2019
    Options

Franklin's Demise and Barbecue N' Chili. I started playing as the cannibal because these are his teachable perks, and they are both universally good perks. Also, get accustomed to circle juking and hit people as they get behind you.

And if you find yourself in an incredibly toxic match with teabaggers, face camp the first one who you hook and then when the entity appears, face the same direction as the hooked and shake your head "no" at them. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣