Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

What does the detection range look like for ghostface?

Options

If someone has like a diagram or something that would be appreciated. Also does your character block the detection zone? Revealing GF feels very inconsistent and I’m wondering if I’m doing something wrong.

Answers

• FichteHiro
    FichteHiro Member Posts: 711
    edited August 2019
    Options

You can reveal GF if you are within a 32m radius of him by default.

You need to look directly at him for 1.5 seconds for him to be revealed. If this direct eye contact is stopped for too long, it resets the reveal action. That is why some players can reveal GF more easily than others.

What matters is where your camera is looking. If you have clear sight of Ghostface, you’ll start revealing him.

It’s also harder to reveal GF is he’s crouching or leaning.

The detection range is more focused on the center of your screen. If you have sight of GF on the center of your screen for 1.5 seconds, you’ll certainly reveal him.

• PrincessPoop
    PrincessPoop Member Posts: 919
    Options

It’s just really weird to me because sometimes I will be in a chase with him running right behind me in plain view. I will look directly at him for at least 3 seconds and nothing happens. Other times, I see him 30 ft away poking behind a rock and reveal him instantly.

• FichteHiro
    edited August 2019
    Options

It's just his hitbox. He can possibly be using some add-ons as well. Remember the center of your screen must be focused on him for 1.5 seconds without any interruption, e. g. you're looping a pallet near a car and the car is between you and GF for 1 second. It resets the whole action. This is why it's sometimes harder to reveal GF while looping.

In the latter situation, you're not letting something interrupt your sight (as he's 30 ft away) and you are trying to reveal him. He's also trying to stalk you instead of hiding, so you'll reveal him.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Options

IIRC the reveal distance is actually 48m or something not 32m. You can reveal him from pretty far.

• FichteHiro
    Options

Idk, 32m is what was said. However, 32m is also further than it appears to be as you can see on the screenshot.

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298
    Options

32 or 48, those are way too big for Survivors, it should be smaller. Revealing should be used in a small area to stop Ghostface from marking your or your buddy nearby, not for getting him out of stealth from cross map.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

Roughly this when you stack "considerably reduce the range survivors can reveal you from"

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737
    Options

LoSeR faCe™ iS A sTeALtH KiLLeR1!111!111!1!!!!

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298
    Options

So how much does it decrease to when we use the add-on to decrease that range? 32m seems a bit much, that's a distance you aren't being chased from and vastly switches the power role to the Survivors when it comes to Ghostface. I really think the radius should be 24m, that way if you can break him he is actually a threat to you instead of just being some guy in a bush very far away.