Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

I have been getting worse at looping

Options
Hoodied
Hoodied Member Posts: 12,994

So I need you guys and gals to help teach me

How do I preserve pallets properly?

Best Answer

Answers

• βLAKE
    βLAKE Member Posts: 544
    Options

Some tips I have when looping against certain killers:

The Pig: Sometimes Pig's like to ambush attack on short loops. If you see them crouch to do this, don't stand there to pallet stun or run around the same loop. Just leave to the next pallet or next window spot when they crouch to continue the chase. (Just be careful because Pig's might anticipate this and use this to lure you out of a certain loop)

The Hag: Some Hag's like to put a trap on a pallet during a chase loop. You could get a swf to trigger those traps while you go around the loop or you could leave that loop, have your friend trigger it and then go back to that loop later in the chase.

or if you are solo you could make a risky play and as the hag crouches down to place the trap, you could leave to the next pallet/window. (again be careful because some Hag's crouch and uncrouch to catch you off guard)

Legion: During their Feral Frenzy mode, do not drop a pallet on them to stun them. Just take the hit (you lose nothing for this) and keep the pallet for when they are actually about to down you.

Another tip: If you know you are dead on your next down and you are near another player, make sure you are the first one to get hit with Feral Frenzy (don't make it look like you are taunting them). Often times Legions like to get multi-hits and will leave the first person they hit during the chain attack.

The Clown: Smart clowns like to throw their Afterpiece Tonic ahead of the loop. Use this to your advantage by going to the next nearest loop (if you can) instead of powering through the smoke cloud. But, I will say that some loops you can power through and that most likely depends on the Clown's bloodlust level tbh.

Another Tip: Sometimes its best to just give up on the loop and stay on the pallet once you know that the Clown will cut you off with his Afterpiece Tonic.

The Plague: If you are still in the healthy state, just don't drop the pallet. In fact, it won't matter if you get hit into injured because most likely you are put into the "sick" state and she will have to hit you regardless. So, my advice would be to just keep looping without dropping pallets until you know you are going down on the lunge attack.

(Do keep in mind that some Plague's have addons that put the Broken status on survivors much more quickly and they might put you into the broken state before you make it to the next pallet loop).