Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

Dear community, please tell me what to do

Options
Renka
Renka Member Posts: 3

Hi

So I just bought the game, played an hour for two, being new, I lost like 6 games and went to sleep

next day I woke up, I received a perma ban, realizing I ######### up, I realized that they detected a third party program from tera(called toolbox)

For those that don’t know(which is probably most of you) toolbox is a third party software that is approved to use by tera’s Official publishers, it’s a mod used to try to give players zero ping by skill prediction And emulation. As the mod needs to scan files to detect tera starting up in order to start the mod, I can see why it’d be flagged by anti cheat. HOWEVER, it has absolutely no effect on DBD itself, heck, why would I use hacks on a game I just started on when I don’t even know how to play....

It was 2am that day, I couldn’t wait to try out the newly downloaded DBD and forgot to close everything related to tera before I opened DBD, and I got flagged for that

I have tried to contact game devs, who simply directed me to anti cheat devs, and I tried to send a ban appeal there

however, it’s been 9 days and they have yet to send me a proper message to even bother checking

Dear community, please tell me what I can do , I have tried everything I think I could have

Thank you

Answers

• Jdsgames
    Jdsgames Member Posts: 1,109
    Options

Have you tried: https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us

Making a ticket there? They will lock the thread as they don't discuss bans on the forums.

• Renka
    Options

They simply directed me to EAC support and say they can’t do anything, sigh

• Jdsgames
    Jdsgames Member Posts: 1,109
    edited August 2019
    Options

Sucks. However, it is possible they literally can't do anything in the situation? Either way hope you get un-banned if it doesn't screw with DBD. However, if it gave you any advantage you kinda deserved it. Although, I would blame the program over EAC. Since the program had no reason to scan the DBD directory / process.

• Renka
    Options

It’s tera specific mods and no way it works on DBD, plus, I don’t think it scans in DBD directory specifically, think it’s just process

anyway, I guess I gotta get prepared for this to get locked anytime, thanks for trying I guess...

• Rizzo
    Rizzo Member, Administrator, Mod Posts: 17,284
    edited August 2019
    Options

We don't discuss bans publicly, so if you have info to ask, please contact support here: https://support.deadbydaylight.com

This discussion has been closed.